PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Coaching Staff (Not OC/DC)- Upgrades?

OF course a newly appointed HC is going to bring in some familiar faces. It goes with the territory, hurt feelings or not.

Why should they care? What are they supposed to wait for him to die before doing what’s best for their career?
Sorry, his quote didn't render. Should be appearing now, which had his comments about previously.

Sorry, his quote didn't render. Should be appearing now, which had his comments about previously.

My point is I doubt Josh held their family at gun point.

Reactions: Ian
I'm in agreement with you - my comment was in regards to Belichick's reaction about it.

To take that many assistants, that's a little rough, especially when it significantly weakens their program. Although, at the same time, the Raiders may be willing to pay higher salaries so I obviously understand the decision on their part to make the move. Just feels like there's potentially a code that McDaniels may have broken, which is unfortunate given the relationship between the two.

Good point made by Lazar - I'm assuming Belichick isn't thrilled about him taking all of those guys:

View attachment 41117

This is crap reporting by Lazar. The fact is that O'Brien, Patricia, and Judge ALL took 2-3 coaches from the staff with them. NONE of them were trying to "tear down" the Pats program. Belichick is specifically referring to what MANGINI did.

I was surprised to see McDaniels take Hardegree, Bricillo, and Lombardi with him to LV- that's something you just don't do in coaching circles, you just don't poach coaches.

McDaniels is basically telling BB to go **** himself. BB has made it known multiple times that he dislikes his coaches being poached because he spends a long time grooming them. There must be no love lost between the two.

If Ivan Fears retires as expected, that is a loss of FIVE coaches on the offensive side.

This is essentially a complete do-over.

Good point made by Lazar - I'm assuming Belichick isn't thrilled about him taking all of those guys:

View attachment 41117

We all know it that whenever a coach gets a head coaching role, they’re taking a couple of other assistants with them. McDaniels did it before, so did Patricia, Flores, Judge, etc.

this shouldn’t be a shock to anyone, least of all Belichick. It’s happened a ton of times before. If Belichick really was concerned about losing assistants, he could have a much larger staff (as most teams do)

Bill has all the coaches he cares about: his children, Mayo and Brown.

Belichick has succeeded in have a SOP for the coaches that worked well. Of course, it was different from every one's else's methods. His coaching was chess; everyone else was checkers.

Now Bill can choose his new path. He has no holdovers from forever (dante and dears0, no OC, no DC).

Maybe BB is just waiting for the SB winner/loser to steal their offense.

so whose Coaches does he want? Bungles or Lambs?

Don't forget Bill's daughter! Not only can she coach but that presents the Deliverance option! Although Bill would probably need to wait 9 or 10 years before bringing the kid on staff.

Can you imagine the power of an All-Belichick coaching staff?

None of this is nepotism as no nephews are involved.

Maybe BB is just waiting for the SB winner/loser to steal their offense.

so whose Coaches does he want? Bungles or Lambs?
Would love some new blood but we have a Better chance to see O’Shea, Obrein or Gase.

OF course a newly appointed HC is going to bring in some familiar faces. It goes with the territory, hurt feelings or not.
I guess family should count too then. JM does what he feels will help-OK.
BB does what he feels will help-He needs Kraft to bop him over the head.

I'm confused about all this and really surprised people aren't making a much bigger deal out of all of this. All of the board should be on this thread.

We're really hurting for coaches and the lack of continuity is a problem.

But I'm also confused. Carmen Bricillo did not move on for a higher position. The Patriots did not need to let him go. Why did they let him move on? Money? What?

Bricillo is our last tie to the way Scarnecchia did things. Our running game last year was excellent, and you combine Bricillo's departure with the loss of Fears, and you have to wonder about what is going on back there. Will we go from strength to average? Will Mac Jones be badly impacted?

I see a serious problem here.

I'm confused about all this and really surprised people aren't making a much bigger deal out of all of this. All of the board should be on this thread.

But I'm also confused. Carmen Bricillo did not move on for a higher position. The Patriots did not need to let him go. Why did they let him move on? Money? What?

Bricillo is our last tie to the way Scarnecchia did things. Our running game last year was excellent, and you combine Bricillo's departure with the loss of Fears, and you have to wonder about what is going on back there. Will we go from strength to average? Will Mac Jones be badly impacted?

When people take a lateral move from one organization to another, it’s usually either about a bit more money or to leave a boss they don’t like behind. Your concerns are valid. This is a ton of turnover.

Something happened this season between the players and the coaches. Not sure what, but Slater alluded to it. We saw a ton of atypical mistakes being made by the team in all facets. The combination of a bunch of new young players, loss of top team leaders, fairly inexperienced coaching, probably created issues with the buy-in required into Belichick's system. People on the inside noticed and bolted.

Mike Reiss thinks offensive coaching could be led by Fat Matt and (here comes the) Judge. Boy o boy, this is going to be a fun season.

Honestly the fact that Patricia is still here and potentially poised for a larger role concerns me more than the loss of a coach like Bricillo. If he did anything special with the OL last season, I didn’t see it.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back