PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bring back Cole Popovich

Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
He’s currently an assistant OL coach with the Texans. He did wonders at Troy. And before that he was great here working in tandem with Bricillo now with the Raiders. (Popovich was clearly the better of the two.)

No crying about recently retired GOAT Dante.

Bring Popovich back to be the OL coach. Period. Enough with the putrid play by this group.

Mystery illness guys Anderson and million dollar Klemm need to go. Never saw this **** before in the nfl. What’s changed?

Maybe Pureblood Popovich is FAR less likely to have such a debilitating ailment. Hint, hint.

Assistant Billy Yates? Not very good, is he?

• Popcorn
Reactions: sb1
Pureblood Popovich
down with the Mudbloods! aaavadakedavraaaaaa

harry potter GIF

Voldemort approves

Last edited:
He’s currently an assistant OL coach with the Texans. He did wonders at Troy. And before that he was great here working in tandem with Bricillo now with the Raiders. (Popovich was clearly the better of the two.)

No crying about recently retired GOAT Dante.

Bring Popovich back to be the OL coach. Period. Enough with the putrid play by this group.

Mystery illness guys Anderson and million dollar Klemm need to go. Never saw this **** before in the nfl. What’s changed?

Maybe Pureblood Popovich is FAR less likely to have such a debilitating ailment. Hint, hint.

Assistant Billy Yates? Not very good, is he?
Well Yates maybe alright they had their best run blocking game against the Colts. OL have been better especially the Right Side Sow and Onwenu.

Forget it. Pats burned that bridge as far as Pop is concerned. Too bad. He was the best OL coach after Scar.

Forget it. Pats burned that bridge as far as Pop is concerned. Too bad. He was the best OL coach after Scar.
how exactly did the Pats "burn that bridge"?

the Pats should absolutely make a run at him... he's the assistant ol coach in Houston... it would be a promotion to head OL coach, would it not?

how exactly did the Pats "burn that bridge"?

the Pats should absolutely make a run at him... he's the assistant ol coach in Houston... it would be a promotion to head OL coach, would it not?
Do you not recall why he's not here now? There's, let's say, a cultural mismatch that I doubt can be smoothed over.

Do you not recall why he's not here now? There's, let's say, a cultural mismatch that I doubt can be smoothed over.
thats what i thought you were going to say...

Just remember that the "cultural mismatch" was created by a league mandate, not by the Patriots.

Why would he want to come from a state with no state tax to one with a millionaire's tax on top of all the other taxes?
Assistant coaches in the NFL don't make $1million/year.
And you know, if you're making, say, 1.3 million (net, not gross), that eeeeeevil tax hits you for all of $12,000/year, right?

@Pape, @50-yard-line, I get what you're saying but I don't think that's how Popovich sees it. I'd love to be wrong and get him back but I just don't think it's doable.

@Pape, @50-yard-line, I get what you're saying but I don't think that's how Popovich sees it. I'd love to be wrong and get him back but I just don't think it's doable.
He was doing a great job here, I agree. I hope you're wrong, but I think you're probably right, otherwise, why wouldn't they have just hired him back at the beginning of the year (nothing against Klemm at the time, but Pop was great here)?

He was doing a great job here, I agree. I hope you're wrong, but I think you're probably right, otherwise, why wouldn't they have just hired him back at the beginning of the year (nothing against Klemm at the time, but Pop was great here)?
I'd be interested to find out if he was even approached. We'll probably never know.

considering who got him back into the NFL - former Pats personnel guru and John Carrol alum Nick Caserio - I would wager that there are no hard feelings there...

I never understood how it was the team's fault with what happened. Didn't Popovich not want to follow NFL mandates?

Assistant coaches in the NFL don't make $1million/year.
And you know, if you're making, say, 1.3 million (net, not gross), that eeeeeevil tax hits you for all of $12,000/year, right?
It is evil since it goes into a slush fund with no oversight.

And all taxes, in general, are evil. Some more evil than others.

I do not remember Popovich as being some kind of OL whisperer. Texans have better OL talent

I'd be interested to find out if he was even approached. We'll probably never know.
We will never know. But that won’t stop lots of posts here proclaiming what the authors believe is canonical truth even though it’s nothing but their personal fantasy. For example:
[I get what you're saying but I don't think that's how Popovich sees it. I'd love to be wrong and get him back but I just don't think it's doable.
So how do you know how Popovich sees anything? At least you acknowledged it’s your opinion, but it‘s more than that, it’s entirely your projection based on your own views of how Popovich should see it. Nothing to tie it to how he really thinks, afaik. If you have anything from him to indicate what he is thinking please post it.

Wait what's the Pop story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST