PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Coaching Staff (Not OC/DC)- Upgrades?

Keeping the play caller a secret is an advantage how? I swear this guy is either 100% paranoid or some sort of devil worshipper w/ his cryptic bs.

It's prob Caley but they want to see how he does in camp and with Mac

I've never seen more hemming and hawing about coaches in my life... the irony of course that it's largely by a contingent of fans who tell us QB's are the only thing that matters and the only reason reason BB ever won was Brady magic.

Proving yet again that the point isn't to reinforce how amazing Tom was, but to tell us how bad BB is.

It's prob Caley but they want to see how he does in camp and with Mac

Charlie Weiss was on Phil Perry's podcast recently, and talked about the first time he was the playcaller for Parcells (in New York I think he said?). He said he was the playcaller for a season, but publicly Parcells said it was someone else. It was a way of getting Weiss experience doing it without having the scrutiny on him every time a playcall goes wrong.

For those wondering what the advantage of not naming the playcaller is, it's not about game day advantage. It could be about protecting a young coach from the ****storm that tends to ensue until he can get his feet wet a little.

I've never seen more hemming and hawing about coaches in my life... the irony of course that it's largely by a contingent of fans who tell us QB's are the only thing that matters and the only reason reason BB ever won was Brady magic.

Proving yet again that the point isn't to reinforce how amazing Tom was, but to tell us how bad BB is.
I thought it was Linda's job to shave Bill's balls every day. You must be better at it.

Charlie Weiss was on Phil Perry's podcast recently, and talked about the first time he was the playcaller for Parcells (in New York I think he said?). He said he was the playcaller for a season, but publicly Parcells said it was someone else. It was a way of getting Weiss experience doing it without having the scrutiny on him every time a playcall goes wrong.

For those wondering what the advantage of not naming the playcaller is, it's not about game day advantage. It could be about protecting a young coach from the ****storm that tends to ensue until he can get his feet wet a little.
That's ridiculous.

Take it up with Charlie Weiss then man, he said it.
Your point about protecting a young coach from the ****storm that tends to ensue until he can get his feet wet a little.

Your point about protecting a young coach from the ****storm that tends to ensue until he can get his feet wet a little.

Which again, is exactly what Charlie Weiss said happened with him. This is not a concept I made up.

Which again, is exactly what Charlie Weiss said happened with him. This is not a concept I made up.
Ok, fine. I just hope that's not what BB is doing. He said he'll do what is best for the team. To me that means get the best available OC out there. If he thinks it's Caley, so be it, but trying to protect him by hiding him to avoid pressure is not what is best for the team. That's just him experimenting and wanting to keep a potential mistake hidden to allow deniability.

Ok, fine. I just hope that's not what BB is doing. He said he'll do what is best for the team. To me that means get the best available OC out there. If he thinks it's Caley, so be it, but trying to protect him by hiding him to avoid pressure is not what is best for the team. That's just him experimenting and wanting to keep a potential mistake hidden to allow deniability.

How you read the situation says more about you than it does about Belichick. I disagree with your interpretation.

Yep. Common practice here.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back