PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Other NFL games week 1 thread

Pats fans love to say “he wasn’t clutch”

“smoked synthetic marijuana” meanwhile these same people did lines of coke with their buddies in college

Chandler Jones should have netted minimum first round pick in return and I’m not playing captain hindsight here
And ran around a parking lot nude. I mean I guess it's better than eating some guys face for dinner. But a bit of a slight in your reputation no?

It appears he's learned from it and has been a model citizen since then. But at the time his brother was going through multiple drug suspensions and given how close the three brothers appeared to be, having two of them exhibit drug abuse issues had to play in their decision to cut ties and without a doubt caused his trade value to be less than what it otherwise should have.

I was and am not a Jones hater but wasn't sad to see him go. And I have never done an illegal drug in my life. :cool:

Last edited:
“Sacks are overrated”

lol tell that to Reggie White and Bruce Allen. Anyone who gets 20 sacks a year is a force to be reckoned with

secondly, Jones leads the nfl every year in forced fumbles and is one of league leaders in tackles FOR LOSS

There is a reason he is a finalist for defensive player of the year

if our system can’t handle a talent like that ..then change it!!!
Reggie White and Bruce Allen were run stuffers too. Chandler Jones is neither of them. If you think White and Smith were just about sacks I would question either your age or what your seeing when you watch a football game.

I am not saying he isn't good just a liability against the run. Some coaching staffs are good with feast or famine others prefer to eat a steady meal.

And yes sacks are one of the most overrated aspects of football by fans. A lot of context involved. Say a sack on 1st down that leads to a 2nd and 11 is that anymore important than say a pressure that leads to an incomplete pass and a 2nd and 10?

Depends on the game situation, no? I mean lets say it's the first play of the game, both plays are essentially net neutral. But how about when your team is down and there are less than 2 minutes and it's more important to stop the clock. Now that pressure is worth its weight in gold and the sack hurts you. But hey it looks bad ass on your stat line come the end of the season.

Given our track record versus Arizona's I'll stick with meat and potatoes every night. Versus Lobster and Caviar a few times a month.

Only Russell Wilson can throw 4 TD passes, put up a badass passer rating, and lead the offense to a solid but not dominant final tally of 28 points.

“smoked synthetic marijuana” meanwhile these same people did lines of coke with their buddies in college

Chandler Jones should have netted minimum first round pick in return and I’m not playing captain hindsight here

Bill should have kept him. The problem with him is that he is too strict on his rules. There are really no exceptions for great players. Lawrence Taylor had a major coke problem when he played and Parcells wasn't about to trade him.

Reggie White and Bruce Allen were run stuffers too. Chandler Jones is neither of them. If you think White and Smith were just about sacks I would question either your age or what your seeing when you watch a football game.

I am not saying he isn't good just a liability against the run. Some coaching staffs are good with feast or famine others prefer to eat a steady meal.

And yes sacks are one of the most overrated aspects of football by fans. A lot of context involved. Say a sack on 1st down that leads to a 2nd and 11 is that anymore important than say a pressure that leads to an incomplete pass and a 2nd and 10?

Depends on the game situation, no? I mean lets say it's the first play of the game, both plays are essentially net neutral. But how about when your team is down and there are less than 2 minutes and it's more important to stop the clock. Now that pressure is worth its weight in gold and the sack hurts you. But hey it looks bad ass on your stat line come the end of the season.

Given our track record versus Arizona's I'll stick with meat and potatoes every night. Versus Lobster and Caviar a few times a month.
Those guys wouldn’t be as famous as they are without those monster sack totals...remember Reggie White sacking Bledsoe 2 plays in a row? That’s all anyone could talk about. 3 sacks in the SB

bottom line. Jones is one of the best overall pass rushers of the entire decade.

sacks, forced fumbles, tackles for loss, pressures..his numbers are insane

The Patriots moved on from Jones after the 2015 season. Over the course of the 3 seasons following, the Patriots went to the Super Bowl all 3 times, winning it twice. So enough with the Chandler Jones nonsense.

Pats fans will hate this opinion..

Chandler Jones will go down as our best defensive draft pick of past 30 years..

his career is arguably better than wilfork McGinnist and even Seymour. Tough to compare with Ty Law different positions and I loved Law.

Pats fans will find the opinion laughable, since Jones isn't even the best DL drafted by Belichick. And, no, his career is not better than Wilfork, McGinest, or Seymour. It's not even close to any of theirs.

Your trolling is getting worse, not better.

Those guys wouldn’t be as famous as they are without those monster sack totals...remember Reggie White sacking Bledsoe 2 plays in a row? That’s all anyone could talk about. 3 sacks in the SB

bottom line. Jones is one of the best overall pass rushers of the entire decade.

sacks, forced fumbles, tackles for loss, pressures..his numbers are insane
Right and my memory could be off, but weren't those on a 2nd and then 3rd down late in the 4th quarter. And one of those he lifted and threw the blocker with one arm. Don't believe it was Armstrong or at least hope it wasn't.

But again context when it comes to sacks. We tend to remember the big ones, game ending saving etc..because they are exciting. But at the same time we end up looking at the final numbers, especially when they are in the double digits and get excited about those numbers without proper context. How many were game changing sacks? How many were meaningless in the overall outcome of the game? How many in garbage time or against a backup QB etc...

But yes I agree Chandler is an all time great sack master, haven't argued otherwise. I was simply trying to explain why, IMO, he is not here anymore and why he didn't fetch the draft compensation someone with his stats would usually return.

Arizona picked him up at the scratch and dent sale and never needed to use the warranty.

His (lack off) gameplan with James Robinson was criminal..

Coming from someone that may or may not have him on my fantasy roster.
Yeah, I’m not sure if that’s more on Meyer or Bevell. I don’t know enough about the inner workings of that organization to say one way or another. But, whoever was responsible, trying to establish the ground game down 3 scores when you couldn’t care less about establishing it from the opening whistle was a bold move. A stupid one, but bold nonetheless.

I've rarely seen an NFL game so obviously lost due to lousy coaching. And it has nothing to do with deciding who was at QB. It was everything else. It was the sort of coaching disaster that gets guys fired immediately.

As the Bears played the Saints twice last season, I posted a long winded rant about Nagy’s in-game decisions, especially about the 26-23 regular season Saints win. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many consecutive indefensible coaching decisions. I don’t follow the Bears, but I imagine they lose games fairly often due to his “Sunday is opposite day” thinking.

As the Bears played the Saints twice last season, I posted a long winded rant about Nagy’s in-game decisions, especially about the 26-23 regular season Saints win. I don’t think I’ve ever seem so many consecutive indefensible coaching decisions. I don’t follow the Bears, but I imagine they lose games fairly often due to his “Sunday is opposite day” thinking.
The thing is, I've seen Nagy have excellent coaching games. But, sheesh!

Right and my memory could be off, but weren't those on a 2nd and then 3rd down late in the 4th quarter. And one of those he lifted and threw the blocker with one arm. Don't believe it was Armstrong or at least hope it wasn't.

Don't worry, that was Max Lane... Reggie didn't dare go against Bruce Armstrong.

Too bad he didn't stay a Patriot for one more season... Armstrong that is, not Lane...

Only Russell Wilson can throw 4 TD passes, put up a badass passer rating, and lead the offense to a solid but not dominant final tally of 28 points.
i was shocked by the TD pass to lockett where the hawks had a ( i think first or second and long) in their own half. What did the defense do there

Will probably be the MVP front runner until Halloween.

Don't worry, that was Max Lane... Reggie didn't dare go against Bruce Armstrong.

Too bad he didn't stay a Patriot for one more season... Armstrong that is, not Lane...
Thanks I thought it was someone else because no one threw Bruce around. Forgot about Max Lane.

And have always said that. Feel bad for him. Dude definitely deserved a ring.

Will probably be the MVP front runner until Halloween.
Yup. That’s usually when his body begins to break down because he needlessly runs around in the backfield like an idiot instead of staying in the pocket and taking what the defense gives him.

And ran around a parking lot nude. I mean I guess it's better than eating some guys face for dinner. But a bit of a slight in your reputation no?

It appears he's learned from it and has been a model citizen since then. But at the time his brother was going through multiple drug suspensions and given how close the three brothers appeared to be, having two of them exhibit drug abuse issues had to play in their decision to cut ties and without a doubt caused his trade value to be less than what it otherwise should have.

I was and am not a Jones hater but wasn't sad to see him go. And I have never done an illegal drug in my life. :cool:
Pats fans will find the opinion laughable, since Jones isn't even the best DL drafted by Belichick. And, no, his career is not better than Wilfork, McGinest, or Seymour. It's not even close to any of theirs.

Your trolling is getting worse, not better.
I’ve seen them all play. Just an opinion. Seymour has a case in his prime at being better all around but Jones is on pace to finish with hall of fame level numbers in several very important statistical categories

I won’t argue against the 03-09 version of Seymour. I mean…complete monster.

mcginist was a fan favorite, super clutch, and great leader..but his overall career is below chandler Jones. I know it’s tough to admit because we all love willie

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back