PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Other NFL games week 1 thread

Disappointed I haven’t seen Sony yet.

It remains to be seen, but Payton is a much better coach than Arians. After watching Arians the past year or so it's apparent he does nothing and lets his assistants do all the coaching.
Not to make this about your boy Tom Brady, but Arians handed Tom the keys to the offense in November as Arians coaching was holding them back. Arians is like Wade Phillips as they just stand around and let other people do the work. He’s not a good coach.

Van Jefferson was a guy I thought Bill would’ve drafted last year. I should’ve known better.

Is it just me, or am I seeing more random new names on other teams. Players shelf lives are getting shorter.

The Giants' coach (Judge) is reportedly one of the guys who'd minimized Brady's role in winning titles, reportedly falling on the side of "we can win with a lot of QBs".

I wonder how he's feeling about that nowadays...

Chandler Jones has played like the nfl defensive player of the year since we traded him

on pace to earn 150 career sacks nfl hall of fame inductee

The Giants' coach (Judge) is reportedly one of the guys who'd minimized Brady's role in winning titles, reportedly falling on the side of "we can win with a lot of QBs".

I wonder how he's feeling about that nowadays...
Judge is a belichick putz like Patricia

Cooper Kupp should have been a Patriot. One of the best blockers at his position. They use him as a lead blocker all the time. Tough as ****. YAC. He's so good when healthy.

Cooper Kupp should have been a Patriot. One of the best blockers at his position. They use him as a lead blocker all the time. Tough as ****. YAC. He's so good when healthy.
Talk about a team held back by mediocre QB play. I thought chicago was supposed to have a decent d? They're getting carved up, quickly.

Anyone got any idea what the hell Nagy was thinking when he made that 4th down decision?

So when the Chiefs beat the Ravens by 35 in prime time again next week can we stop pretending there is any type of rivalry? Please?

Chandler Jones has played like the nfl defensive player of the year since we traded him

on pace to earn 150 career sacks nfl hall of fame inductee
It really comes down to whether you wanted him or Gilmore with the risk of Gilmore actually being available and wanting to be a Patriot. And let’s not deny Gilmore was a questionable signing after him not not exactly living up to his draft pedigree in Buffalo. Remember him getting torched by Hogan at Buffalo in 2016?

Both were on teams that only won title which I know that rebuttal will find its way here.

Hindsight is 20/20 on this one. I don’t think anyone envisioned Butler falling off of a cliff, so I would’ve at least Franchised Jones for one more year. The argument against him was that there was the myth of him disappearing post November or in big games. I think the reason it happened was because he wasn’t a great fit here as they were a 2 gapping 4-3 team. Edge settting run support was emphasized which wore him out after his hot starts.

Also, there were many times you saw him just do a consecutive rush to contain the QB rather than pinning his ears back with his god given ability.

I think the trade worked out for both parties.

Last edited:
NFCW teams avg. 35.2 pts
AFCE teams avg. 15.7 pts

Oof. Glad we don't get to play them this season.

Talk about a team held back by mediocre QB play. I thought chicago was supposed to have a decent d? They're getting carved up, quickly.
That was a laser Stafford threw to Cupp early in the game.
Brady broke him. Lmao
He’s been broken for a while. You could argue the Giants in 2011 started it taking a massive beat down at home, followed by the 9ers owning him in 2012 and 2013, Seahawks in 2014 was a horrible collapse, Cardinals blowout in 2016, and finally the 9ers stealing their souls in 2019. He’s had many epic playoff failures.

So when the Chiefs beat the Ravens by 35 in prime time again next week can we stop pretending there is any type of rivalry? Please?
Lol at the schedules makers. 3 teams from last years playoffs are meeting in the first two weeks. What an epic failure.

Last edited:
Chandler Jones put up 5 sacks today.

I forget who in past threads was trying to diss the guy but he's clearly been one of the best pass rushers of the past 10 years, and justifiably made the all decade NFL team. Future hall of famer

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back