PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Week 16 Other Games

The chiefs-How did they go from absolutely terrible to dominant so quickly
They moved Chris Jones inside , signed Melvin Ingram, stopped being the worst defense in the league and the offense stopped turning the ball over

3 AFCE teams in top 7. Only 1 AFC team has made the playoffs w/ 2 games to go. Crazy season.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20211227-235511_Firefox.jpg
    SmartSelect_20211227-235511_Firefox.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 5
Dolphins beat the Saints but the report I read said that the Saints were missing 22 players !

Dolphins beat the Saints but the report I read said that the Saints were missing 22 players !
Yup, they were down to the bare bones. Ian Book (Notre Dame) was at QB...think he's the 4th stringer. He didn't do that bad (12/20 for 135) but had a pick six and one other int. Stat wise Miami weren't great but they are on a roll and are finding ways to win ugly games.

Think we will still need to play well to beat them in Miami ?

Miami is good. Tough to defend that college RPO. Their defense has great young players too. Pats better take care of business this Sunday because winning in Miami is never easy.

Book’s numbers were misleading as one pass play went for about 45 yards of yac in garbage time. The Saints could not move the ball at all, and it seemed like there was always a free rusher. What I did find troubling was how the officials allowed a helmet to helmet shot and late hits on Book, especially since he was getting mauled the whole game.

Waddle having a great year for a rookie: 941 yds (723 yds Meyers), 96 receptions (71 Meyers), 76% receiving (78% Bourne), 5 TD + 1 TD rushing (5 TD Bourne).

miami is so lucky

Yep and i'm so tired of hearing about their winning streak. If Pats are gonna get knocked for playing ****e teams during their 7 game streak, then I don't want to hear about the lolphins streak after losing 7 straight and it should have been 8 if the refs didn't call a ticky tack flag on a Harris TD run

let's take a look at their winning streak

W- vs Houston 17-9
W- vs Baltimore 22-10
W- @ NYJ 24-17
W- vs Carolina 33-10
W- vs NYG 20-9 (giants have scored 46 points in December)
W- vs NYJ 31-24 (coming off their bye week vs a team eliminated from playoff contention)
W- @ NO 20-3 (playing the 3rd string rookie QB with 3 days of 1st team reps)

Of those games i'd say Baltimore was the best win but even then Baltimore is a meh team this year.

Our own #1 round WR: 184 yds, 12 receptions, 57% receiving, 0 TD

That's just sad.

This week tells us a lot about Miami. TN might no have Julio, Dupree, Skrine (COVID), but TN is for real, at home, and in a game that matters to them.

Miami is a good team - they're protecting Tua with rollout crossers and screens, but he's protecting the ball. Their defense is super aggressive (KILLS me to see it vs. the Pats passive D....I miss Flores).

I figure the game there is a coin flip if it matters to both teams, probably a coin flip even if Miami is eliminated. Not a game I'd want to count on.

Miami needs that game more. Even if Titans lose as long as they beat Texans in last game, they win the division (even if Colts win out). At worse, Titans drop from #2 to #3 if Bengals win out. Of course, if Bengals beat the Chiefs, Titans could take #1 seed by winning out so that's probably enough incentive to beat Miami.

************ I've never seen QB's drop as far as Book & Tua tonight. Tua needs to step up in the pocket big time but Book is dropping back way to far for his OL to properly block. Dude is taking a 10 step drop each rep.

Why is he dropping back ten yards when there is no pressure?

I’ve noticed Mac doing this too; and when he does his base isn’t solid and therefore his throws have far less juice on them than they already don’t have… Both he & his over-rated OL are to blame for the development of this bad habit.

Last edited:
Waddle having a great year for a rookie: 941 yds (723 yds Meyers), 96 receptions (71 Meyers), 76% receiving (78% Bourne), 5 TD + 1 TD rushing (5 TD Bourne).
He's quietly having one of the best seasons ever for a rookie WR. I don't think anyone else besides Q Bolden surpassed it but if they did it's a very short list. He's working on an offense with an awful OL and QB that thrives of slants, RPO and getting the ball out quickly.

Chase, Smith & Waddle will likely all have 70 rec 1000 yards and at least 6 TD.

Smith is on a team that run a ton as well. He's not on a team that really attacks through the air.

Waddle is exactly what this team needs though. Obviously Chase & Smith would thrive here but the offense works so hard for everything. Nothing is easy. His acceleration, speed and elusiveness would be much welcomed and complement the rest of group greatly.

Waddle having a great year for a rookie: 941 yds (723 yds Meyers), 96 receptions (71 Meyers), 76% receiving (78% Bourne),

20+ yard plays

Waddle- 7
Meyers- 10
Bourne- 9

targets-
Waddle- 126
Meyers- 110
Bourne- 60

Yard Per Catch
Waddle- 9.8
Meyers- 10.1
Bourne- 14.3
Bolden- 9.8

Rushing
Waddle 2 rushes - 3 yards
Bourne 9 rushes - 100 yards

gotta love when this board hypes up a division rivals player and basically ****s on Pats players to make their point

5 TD + 1 TD rushing (5 TD Bourne).

This what i'm talking about. You went through the trouble of looking up Waddle's stats to **** on Pats WRs yet don't even give Bourne credit for his passing TD

20+ yard plays

Waddle- 7
Meyers- 10
Bourne- 9

targets-
Waddle- 126
Meyers- 110
Bourne- 60

Yard Per Catch
Waddle- 9.8
Meyers- 10.1
Bourne- 14.3
Bolden- 9.8

Rushing
Waddle 2 rushes - 3 yards
Bourne 9 rushes - 100 yards

gotta love when this board hypes up a division rivals player and basically ****s on Pats players to make their point

This what i'm talking about. You went through the trouble of looking up Waddle's stats to **** on Pats WRs yet don't even give Bourne credit for his passing TD
You're wrong, as always, since I placed the Pats players stats for comparison sake not to sh!t on anyone. However, it is quite amusing that you think a 1st round rookie WR projected to have >1000 yards and >100 receptions in his rookie season is something that is common place and shouldn't be discussed at all because he plays for a division rival. Maybe get some lidocaine patches and place them on your sore ass.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back