PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Tough target. Something doesn't add up.

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

The thumb width to rating icon size is:

• At an acceptable level.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Inexplicable!!

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Perfect. I have pencil like appendages.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • RLKAGM2

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
Yep. I'm guessing we didn't interact much. The only names I can recall from those days are BrewGnat (what happened to him?) and the esteemed @PatsWickedPissah.

My favorite memory is trolling a (Jets) fans who called us all `hippocrates'.

Did you first, do no harm?

My first exchange with Bernie 'hippocrates', preserved in Google amber... [sniffle]:

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
says...

<chop>
>Nice to theorize guys, but I say you guys are too pure to accept
>ANYTHING but an expansion team WITHOUT PSL's . ANYTHING less will
>surely show you up as wimps and hippocrates.

WHAT ???? You're comparing them to Greek physicians ??? This time
you've gone just a bit too far !!! ;)

Waxclepius Tadpole

[afterward I provided him a list of 20 alternate insult/Greek name pairings, also still archived. Way too much time on my hands :D]

Last edited:
I don't think I would be shocking anyone to point out that this site is not designed to work on mobile devices. The microscopic rating icons are just one example.

I don't think I would be shocking anyone to point out that this site is not designed to work on mobile devices. The microscopic rating icons are just one example.

I was just posting the OP as some light hearted humor. I hope it doesn't come across as a complaint because it's not. I love the site.

I was just posting the OP as some light hearted humor. I hope it doesn't come across as a complaint because it's not. I love the site.

I'm not complaining either as I am well aware how much work maintaining a forum can be.

So do I. It's just having a bad hair day. It's not very photogenic. It looks much nicer in person. Beauty is on inside.

Ok. That's all I got.

What??? That's all you got? Not even gonna try selling it has a great personality, a wicked pissah sense of humor or it's like Jeopardy smaht? You are never gettin' that digit married off without upping the sell.

I use my teeth

What??? That's all you got? Not even gonna try selling it has a great personality, a wicked pissah sense of humor or it's like Jeopardy smaht? You are never gettin' that digit married off without upping the sell.

To be transparent Thumby2046 gave you that rating.

Actually, the vast majority of design whenever I do anything specifically goes into focusing on mobile...which is what holds up a lot of the new additions because I essentially have to try and optimize for all formats whenever I do absolutely anything, as mobile is the most challenging (the stats page was probably the toughest) but the most important since desktop accounts for less than half of the views these days.

As a result your comment sort of catches me off guard - but in a good way because I'd honestly like to hear more about what you don't like to try and help hopefully improve it.

Regarding the icons - that's primarily because there are so many of them. If we only had 3-4, it would probably be a different story. Otherwise, I could make them larger, but when you factor in the way they display with the number of votes each has, I've had difficulties with that.

But @LJRomanoff, definitely feel free to throw out more examples of why you feel that way. You're the first to mention it, so I'd honestly appreciate whatever feedback you have and I'll see what I can do in order to accommodate them. :cool:

Last edited:
@RDS11 Why so sad?... OMG, Bernie, is that you???? ;)

This thread is angry.

Responsive design, @Ian, snap to it! Join us in the 21st! ;););) (thank you for the landscape menu hamburger!!!)

Reactions: Ian

It works just fine on mobile

Usually I can catch up to a thread discussion by reading from last post back. But this one when I try it all I get is “Paul is dead,” whatever that means.

Also to the original point, two words of advice from an iPad loving cataract sufferer: pinch and zoom.

Responsive design, @Ian, snap to it! Join us in the 21st! ;););) (thank you for the landscape menu hamburger!!!)
LOL, like I said, just trying to get a little more information. It's already responsive and is designed to work (or at least render as well as possible) on mobile. If I can make it better obviously I'm definitely happy to do it. There are some limitations based on the software (@luuked has had some good functional suggestions, which I'm still working on) so I'll certainly improve whatever I can if some of them are easy to implement.

It's tough because most forums out there really aren't improving much over the included templates, which has been probably the biggest thing I've noticed in recent years. So I'm always open when it comes to suggestions. As I've said before, as much as I appreciate the kind words from people, I can't make it better without you guys starting threads like this. So I appreciate it.

And @Tony2046, from what I've seen, I think this will be improved when we move to the newer version of this software (I've also had the same problem and have had to undo quite a few ratings).

I had planned on switching prior to the season, but the new version also requires me to a ton of re-coding and I had to research how to carry it into other parts of the site which, of course, all that is also different. As a result, it ended up being a bigger project than I expected and I'm waiting until the season is over before I attempt it again. Not to mention that the process of customizing the templates are also quite different...all the fun challenges that go along with software "upgrades" :cool:

Last edited:
LOL, like I said, just trying to get a little more information. It's already responsive and is designed to work (or at least render as well as possible) on mobile. If I can make it better obviously I'm definitely happy to do it. There are some limitations based on the software (@luuked has had some good functional suggestions, which I'm still working on) so I'll certainly improve whatever I can if some of them are easy to implement.

It's tough because most forums out there really aren't improving much over the included templates, which has been probably the biggest thing I've noticed in recent years. So I'm always open when it comes to suggestions. As I've said before, as much as I appreciate the kind words from people, I can't make it better without you guys starting threads like this. So I appreciate it.

And @Tony2046, from what I've seen, I think this will be improved when we move to the newer version of this software (I've also had to undo quite a few ratings).

I had planned on switching prior to the season, but the new version also requires me to a ton of re-coding and I had to research how to carry it into other parts of the site which, of course, all that is also different. As a result, it ended up being a bigger project than I expected and I'm waiting until the season is over before I attempt it again. Not to mention that the process of customizing the templates are also quite different...all the fun challenges that go along with software "upgrades" :cool:

Dear Ian. The OP was made just for a laugh and as a result I am now extremely self conscious about my thumbs. So if you're going to make any helpful changes I'd prefer a pinned men's health thread with thumb beatification suggestions. For now I'll just thank God that it's winter and I can wear gloves to hide these hideous digits. :D

Seriously though I truly enjoy the site as it is.

Dear Ian. The OP was made just for a laugh and as a result I am now extremely self conscious about my thumbs. So if you're going to make any helpful changes I'd prefer a pinned men's health thread with thumb beatification suggestions. For now I'll just thank God that it's winter and I can wear gloves to hide these hideous digits. :D

Seriously though I truly enjoy the site as it is.
LOL, I know - although I'll definitely prioritize the icon size when we switch. The good news is, it appears they will be a little larger, so the end result should still be good. I just haven't been able to do it in this current version because of how the 3rd party add-on was set up :D

Although, again, still curious to hear @LJRomanoff's thoughts in the morning. Hopefully, he'll have some good suggestions as well. But your thread was definitely helpful, although unfortunately, I think your digits probably took the worst of it ... too funny :cool:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back