PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Revis wants 20M per year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, Bailey got thrown at a lot more that year than he normally did. He made a lot of picks, but thats because he saw the ball alot.

NOBODY throws at Asomugah. (Thats partly because the other CB sucks). And almost nobody throws at Revis.

How can you say almost nobody throws at Revis? Only DRC got thrown at more

For the record, Bailey got thrown at a lot more that year than he normally did. He made a lot of picks, but thats because he saw the ball alot.

NOBODY throws at Asomugah. (Thats partly because the other CB sucks). And almost nobody throws at Revis.
Yet Champ Bailey didn't give up a touchdown and Darrelle Revis gave up two from memory? I also believe you're incorrect regarding people not throwing at Revis I think it's more likely the completion rate is incredibly low.

All super players but Bailey has bested the best seasons Revis and Asomugha have had to offer to date in my opinion.

Last edited:
Commitment to a deranged owner who single-handedly accomplished turning a premium franchise into the worst managed franchise in the NFL? So if you played for Raiders and you can take $13.5M instead of the $15M to go to a Super Bowl contender, you wouldn't? You also wouldn't mind watching the opposing teams best WR torch a player at your position even though you are regarded as the best or 2nd best in the entire league at it? I don't know I'm very competitive and if I'm playing a game and someone is picking on one my teammates and I know I can handle that player, my mentality would be to embarrass that player right back. Unfortunately Aso hasn't displayed that type of mentality.

I think your half/right half wrong on this one. I agree that Revis' best year may not be better then Champ Baileys best year(posted the same argument on TGG in the NFL forum). Thats because his best year was on the Redskins, I believe 2001, and he didn't allow a single TD all year and absolutely abused every single WR he faced in similar fashion to what Revis just did. Though I will note the Ty Law rules weren't enforced at the time. 2006 was his sexiest numbers but not his best year.

I didn't want to go that route because no one can prove what both players would do in either situation. I'd rather stick to the facts.

happy you enjoyed it so I'll just break it down to the ridiculous.

This is explained at the top.

I don't see bias opinion here. Who covered who and what they did is what it is. I asked if anyone can guarantee if Aso would of gotten the same results as Revis and the obvious answer is no, which is not biased at all because really, nobody knows. Aso has never shadowed WRs to the extent Revis has. Again I like to work off facts.

Again no bias opinion here as I'm just stating the system/scheme the Jets use versus the vanilla man to man scheme the Raiders use. It is what it is.

Nothing but real numbers and facts. Asomugha missed 8 tackles on 31 solos while Revis is comparable to the best tackling CBs in the NFL. Those are facts. The Brandon Jacobs take down happened in the 3rd game last preseason. Same results as previously stated.

Revis made the postseason and Aso didn't. What we do know for a FACT is Revis played outstanding in the playoffs. We also know that QBs avoided him. The Raiders missing the playoffs isn't Aso fault but we have never seen him in the playoffs before. I assume he would do well and play like he normally does but again, it hasn't done yet nor has he ever played in a meaningful game with some sort of pressure in his career. If he wanted to be on a playoff team he could of left but chose not too. That's a fact.
All fair but still pointing to blaming Asomugha for making a choice and staying with the Raiders. If Revis goes elsewhere in the course of his career, I expect to bump this thread for the reaction.

Both super players as good as one another. I look forward to the Patriots testing them both in the coming years.

Last edited:
All fair but still pointing to blaming Asomugha for making a choice and staying with the Raiders. If Revis goes elsewhere in the course of his career, I expect to bump this thread for the reaction.

Both super players as good as one another. I look forward to the Patriots testing them both in the coming years.

If Revis goes elsewhere all hell will break loose in NY haha. I can't speak for everyone, but my reaction will be something similar to someone who's old dog just died. Hopefully he will retire a Jet :cool:

Can I get an update on this thread? Still the Aso vs. Revis debate?

What are you kidding me? This thread has long since evolved. Those were the thread's tadpole days.

You missed the six pages of debating the accuracy of Wikipedia then. That when I jumped out when that debate was over.

Last edited:
And almost nobody throws at Revis.

do you have any idea wtf you are talking about?

why would you post?

fyi --- going fwd, anybody reading this thread --- if you have no idea wtf you are talking about there is really no compelling reason to give us an opinion just to see your name in a thread, or whatever.

Yet Champ Bailey didn't give up a touchdown and Darrelle Revis gave up two from memory? I also believe you're incorrect regarding people not throwing at Revis I think it's more likely the completion rate is incredibly low.

All super players but Bailey has bested the best seasons Revis and Asomugha have had to offer to date in my opinion.

Revis did get burned by Ginn (of all people). So that's one. And if you're referring to that slant from Brady to Moss at the 1 yard line I don't know how anyone who's human covers that one.

Revis did get burned by Ginn (of all people). So that's one. And if you're referring to that slant from Brady to Moss at the 1 yard line I don't know how anyone who's human covers that one.
I absolutely recognize that. I recognize Revis' fantastic year but as has been demonstrated in 2006 Bailey didn't allow a touch down and collected 10 interceptions. So he allowed 2 less touchdowns and collected 4 more interceptions. It kinda speaks for itself.

By the way if Wes Welker was a corner.. he would have covered it ;). (It's a joke it's a joke..)

Last edited:
So Revis' stats are allowed to not count if you have an excuse?
Are TDs allowed now irrelevant because we can say no one could cover it? IF thats the case how come every team doesnt run it every time they are inside the 3? Guaranteed TD right since no human can cover? How many times did the Jets use that play?
Can we discount all other cornerback stats because of scheme, pass rush, down and distance, offensive pass interference not called, etc, etc?

You should update your signature Sanchez' 2009 stats sucked a lot more than you predicted.

So Revis' stats are allowed to not count if you have an excuse?
Are TDs allowed now irrelevant because we can say no one could cover it? IF thats the case how come every team doesnt run it every time they are inside the 3? Guaranteed TD right since no human can cover? How many times did the Jets use that play?
Can we discount all other cornerback stats because of scheme, pass rush, down and distance, offensive pass interference not called, etc, etc?

Maybe Revis should have jammed him at the line instead of playing off of Moss for that touchdown. So...no excuses then. I don't know why...but I feel attacked by this post. Maybe it's my imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News