PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Revis wants 20M per year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying that a rookie qb has no chance of improving and showed absolutely nothing is hating for the sake of hating.
Where did I say he has no chance of improving? YOU say he WILL improve. Whats the opposite of hating for the sake of hating? Pollyannaism? Jetfandom?

I didn't say he showed absolutely nothing, I said he showed nothing that would indicate he will improve. He sho9wed me a lot, but not much of it was good.

Where did I say he has no chance of improving? YOU say he WILL improve. Whats the opposite of hating for the sake of hating? Pollyannaism? Jetfandom?

I didn't say he showed absolutely nothing, I said he showed nothing that would indicate he will improve. He sho9wed me a lot, but not much of it was good.

I said it is reasonable to think that he will improve.

You said that he will not improve. Saying any rookie qb will not improve is hating for the sake of hating in my book.

No matter how terrible a rookie qb is, one should expect at least the most marginal of improvement in their second season no?

ballwashing.

or possibly, knob slobbering.

If you go back, you see that I mentioned I was shocked at Sanchez's nfl arm strength compared to college and the combine process.

Sanchez problems last year did not come from under throwing receivers, rather forcing the ball into coverage. His better throws came on outs and slants where he really was able to get the ball where it needed to be.

His outs to Cotchery against San Diego and Indy are great examples of this.

No offense, but why would I give a damn what you were "shocked" about? You're a Jets fan who's overrating your quarterback's arm. You being "shocked" in the process means nothing to me.

And his outs suck. This isn't science, where exceptions destroy laws. This is sports, where exceptions often prove rules.

Last edited:
I was saying it in jest. And yes there were multiple posts saying that the Jets running game would suffer without Washington.

Dude, im not going to sit here and make a list of qbs based on arm strength. The video is proof enough. It shows plus arm strength which is what I originally had stated.
Wait a minute. I say the just had few injuries, you say no they didnt and list 4 players. I say Washington is a 3rd down back, and you DISAGREE and say he is an AMAZING PLAYER now it was in jest?

It would be very easy to list the QBs with weaker arms that Sanchez.
It shouldn't take long.
I'll start. Jake Delhomme.
You only need 15 more to show me his arm is average and 19 to show above average.

The somewhere in the middle comment is ironic to me, because thats really fits the Jets, they are thoroughly average. Yet their fans want us to think they are SB Champs.
Average is going 8-8 which they were without the gift.
Average is being 3-3 in your division, yet they were 2-4
Average is being inconsistent like starting the season 3-0 then having a 1-6 stretch then getting a couple of wins in the playoffs.
Average is running well to compensate for a train wreck of a QB.
Average may be a running game that expects to replace its 2 most important pieces with untested youngsters.
Average is throwing out one disappointing corner and replacing him with one equally as disappointing and reportedly an attitude problem.
Average is opening the door to a guy who is suspended for the first 4 games that his team would have given away for free in desperation of trying to find a way to have a passng offense.
That hasn't gone unnoticed on me AndyJohnson ;). Personally I think their ceiling is 11-5 if everything goes right and if it doesn't 7-9. I also think the Patriots and Dolphins have fundamentally more sounds squads but that counts for naught if performance isn't executed especially give our scheming issues of 2009.

Right now despite the Patriots winning the division and the Jets getting some "luck" I still endorse that they had a better season than the Patriots because of their playoff run. What I won't do is say the Jets are great because they media is saying the Jets are great.

Personally the Jets are set up for a fall compared to the Patriots and Dolphins given the press and words coming out of the Meadowlands. That doesn't mean it will happen but it doesn't mean they'll succeed either.

Last edited:
I said it is reasonable to think that he will improve.

You said that he will not improve. Saying any rookie qb will not improve is hating for the sake of hating in my book.

No matter how terrible a rookie qb is, one should expect at least the most marginal of improvement in their second season no?
Wow.
You really need to reread posts.
You listed his improvement as the NUMBER 1 reason the Jets will be a better team. That is more than saying its reasonable to think.

I questioned why you think he would improve, and in fact I think my exact words were something like many QBs have not improved in their 2nd year.

You are totally backward on this.

Wait a minute. I say the just had few injuries, you say no they didnt and list 4 players. I say Washington is a 3rd down back, and you DISAGREE and say he is an AMAZING PLAYER now it was in jest?

It would be very easy to list the QBs with weaker arms that Sanchez.
It shouldn't take long.
I'll start. Jake Delhomme.
You only need 15 more to show me his arm is average and 19 to show above average.

You clearly missed the Washington thing. If you go back it might make some sense. But Ill try again. I called him an amazing player because people on here continued to express how much the jets run game would suffer without him. Thats what made him "amazing." I never actually meant that he is amazing.

Delhomme
Leinart
Hasselbeck
Palmer
Whoever starts for St Louis
Edwards
Cassel
Orton
Smith
Moore
Garrard
Leftwhich (Considering that he will most likely start for pitt)
Ryan
Brees
Kolb

Last edited:
That hasn't gone unnoticed on me AndyJohnson ;). Personally I think their ceiling is 11-5 if everything goes right and if it doesn't 7-9. I also think the Patriots and Dolphins have fundamentally more sounds squads but that counts for naught if performance isn't executed especially give our scheming issues of 2009.

Right now despite the Patriots winning the division and the Jets getting some "luck" I still endorse that they had a better season than the Patriots because of their playoff run. What I won't do is say the Jets are great because they media is saying the Jets are great.

Personally the Jets are set up for a fall compared to the Patriots and Dolphins given the press and words coming out of the Meadowlands. That doesn't mean it will happen but it doesn't mean they'll succeed either.

Well, I actually think about 26 or so of the teams in the NFL have a ceiling of 11-5 or better so I don't disagree there.
I just see the Jets as a team that overachieved last year, not uncommon with a new HC, esp one who brings in radical changes (3 years ago we were dealing with the Mangenius in the same vein). The 'gift' wins are part of the overachieving, whether Jet fans like it or not, because they are absolutely 8-8 if there schedule has the Colts in any of the first 15 weeks. That one win is a HUGE difference. 9-7 with playoff wins for an 8-8 team is a massive overachievement.
As far as the QB issue, many people like to compare the Jets to the Ravens. OK, how did that Kyle Boller era work out? I have no reason to believe Sanchez is any better than Boller. And the list of failed 1st round QBs goes on and on and on. I don't see many that looked like Sanchez did as a rookie who became success, but I see a lot who failed.
Maybe our Jet fan can give us a run down of all the QBs who started as rookies and were among the worst 2-5 starters in the league, and then became good.

You clearly missed the Washington thing. If you go back it might make some sense. But Ill try again. I called him an amazing player because people on here continued to express how much the jets run game would suffer without him. Thats what made him "amazing." I never actually meant that he is amazing.

Delhomme
Leinart
Hasselbeck
Palmer
Edwards
Cassel
Orton
Smith
Moore
Garrard
Ryan
Young
Brees

Wow. Just...... wow.

Delhomme
Leinart
Hasselbeck
Palmer
Edwards
Cassel
Orton
Smith
Moore
Garrard
Ryan
Young
Brees
Kolb

Did you seriously just try to tell me that Sanchez has a stronger arm than
Drew Brees?????????????????I just injured myself laughing

Hasselbeck? are you serious?
Leinhart? Garrard? Have you ever seen him play? MATT RYAN???????????
CARSON PALMER? CARSON PALMER?
Bradford is St Louis QB, and his arm strength obliterates Sanchez'.

Oh and Roethlisberger is the QB in Pitt, so your list isnt even 16 even with the 7 glaring errors I pointed out.
What did you do, just list a bunch of QBs that aren't great? Then throw Brees in for humor?

Man, you just lost all credibilty, or at least whatever was left.

Oh, I cant leave without saying VINCE YOUNG?
What was your criteria? Young has a cannon. Its attached to pea brain and doesnt always go on target, but if you think Mark Sanchez arm strength is even in the same discussion as Young you are either delusional or just dont know football.

Did you seriously just try to tell me that Sanchez has a stronger arm than
Drew Brees?????????????????I just injured myself laughing

Hasselbeck? are you serious?
Leinhart? Garrard? Have you ever seen him play? MATT RYAN???????????
CARSON PALMER? CARSON PALMER?
Bradford is St Louis QB, and his arm strength obliterates Sanchez'.

Oh and Roethlisberger is the QB in Pitt, so your list isnt even 16 even with the 7 glaring errors I pointed out.
What did you do, just list a bunch of QBs that aren't great? Then throw Brees in for humor?

Man, you just lost all credibilty, or at least whatever was left.

LOL, well if I lost credibility yours must be long gone as well.

Did you see Palmer play last year??? He was one of the weakest armed qb;s in the league.

Bradford are you serious? That guy is a spread qb.

Leinart??? That is equally hysterical

Hasselbeck is done at this point.

Of course these things can be argued to the cows come home but Palmer, Leinart, and Bradford, that is just silly.

Last edited:
Oh, I cant leave without saying VINCE YOUNG?
What was your criteria? Young has a cannon. Its attached to pea brain and doesnt always go on target, but if you think Mark Sanchez arm strength is even in the same discussion as Young you are either delusional or just dont know football.

I was discounting Young because he can't get the ball anywhere. I will remove.

Last edited:
LOL, well if I lost credibility yours must be long gone as well.

Did you see Palmer play last year??? He was one of the weakest armed qb;s in the league.

Bradford are you serious? That guy is a spread qb.

Hasselbeck is done at this point.

Of course these things can be argued to the cows come home but Palmer and Stafford, that is just silly.

You're confusing arm strength, which was the specific topic, with production, which was not. You're right on Leinhart, for example, but Roethlisberger (whom you left out), Leftwich (whom you used as your Roethlisberger replacement) and Young, just to point to a couple on your list (or that should have been on your list), have much better arm strength than Sanchez. I mean, it's not even close.

If you're going to try arguing with any credibility, you can't miss calls that are that obvious.

You're confusing arm strength, which was the specific topic, with production, which was not. You're right on Leinhart, for example, but Roethlisberger (whom you left out), Leftwich (whom you used as your Roethlisberger replacement) and Young, just to point to a couple on your list (or that should have been on your list), have much better arm strength than Sanchez. I mean, it's not even close.

If you're going to try arguing with any credibility, you can't miss calls that are that obvious.

My bad on the Young thing, I removed.

by your own logic, ruby, shouldn't we expect henne to be better?

who do you think was the better team last year --- miami or the jets?

which team got hit harder by injuries last year?
you say jenkins anchored your run d, but they gave up 110 rushing ypg with him and only 88 without, while the dolphins went from 156 yards on the ground with ronnie brown to only 118 without --- and while we're talking about it, didn't miami ALSO lose their nose AND their starting QB?

which team helped itself at receiver --- 12 games of santonio holmes or a season from brandon marshall?

which team should we expect to finish above the other......?

I'm sure I can count on some objective answers from the jets fans.

by your own logic, ruby, shouldn't we expect henne to be better?

who do you think was the better team last year --- miami or the jets?

which team got hit harder by injuries last year?
you say jenkins anchored your run d, but they gave up 110 rushing ypg with him and only 88 without, while the dolphins went from 156 yards on the ground with ronnie brown to only 118 without --- and while we're talking about it, didn't miami ALSO lose their nose AND their starting QB?

which team helped itself at receiver --- 12 games of santonio holmes or a season from brandon marshall?

which team should we expect to finish above the other......?

I'm sure I can count on some objective answers from the jets fans.

I think the Jets were better than the fins last year, but only by the slightest of margins. I think the Dolphins had a great off season and I think Henne is going to be a very good QB. Its not out of the realm of the possibility that the Jets, Fins, and Pats all make the playoffs. At worst I see at least 2 teams going to the playoffs.

As far as who will finish ahead of who, I honestly do not know. I think it could go either way depending on how the season plays out, but untill the Pats dont win the division with Brady at the helm, they have to be the favorites.

Last edited:
I think the Jets were better than the fins last year,

and yet, jets were 0 and 2 against them.

well, that's certainly objective.
hey..this isn't ladainian tomlinson by any chance, is it?

and yet, jets were 0 and 2 against them.

well, that's certainly objective.
hey..this isn't ladainian tomlinson by any chance, is it?

Dude, for real? I didn't say they were heads and shoulders better, just slightly.
The Giants weren't better than the Pats in 07 were they?

Lesser teams get the best of better teams all the time. Just like San Diego was better than the Jets last year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey