PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Revis wants 20M per year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the hilarious thing about this entire discussion are that jets fans are so focused on stealing the division crown from the pats in the offseason that they're completely oblivious to the miami team bearing down on them in the rearview mirror.

if, by virtue of scheduling, miami gets that indy forfeit instead of a slim 4 point loss to a legit team putting out effort, while nyj faces indy earlier on, then you're looking at both of them at 8-8 --- miami taking BOTH head to head games.
if you want to go even further, nyj got the 0-6 collins led saggy titans, while miami narrowly lost an OT game to the perky and enhanced vince young led team.
but I'll settle for the reality that, but for a couple scheduling quirks, the jets are 3rd in this division, and miami is the team that actually HAS improved and has reason to expect better.

you guys better just hope buffalo hasn't turned it around......

Last edited:
How is 4 significant injuries almost a complete lack of injuries?

Shepard and Strickland were are 2 other main CB's behind Revis, Jenkins was the most important part of our run defense, and Washington is this amazing player who now that we traded are doomed according to many on here.

But lets not harp on this, I want to get back to Sanchez and his mediocre arm. That one is the best.
How many games did Sheppard miss? Strickland is a complete JAG.
Jenkins is you get what you get. If you seriously think its just bad luck that he was injured again, you need to get a reality check. And Washington is a 3rd down back. "Amazing players" contribute a hell of a lot more than Leon Washington, and since they are amazing they actually play more than they stand on the sidelines.

What do you think Sanchez' arm is if its not mediocre? Mediocre is actually a complement if we are only comparing to the 31 other starting QBs.

the hilarious thing about this entire discussion are that jets fans are so focused on stealing the division crown from the pats in the offseason that they're completely oblivious to the miami team bearing down on them in the rearview mirror.

if, by virtue of scheduling, miami gets that indy forfeit instead of a slim 4 point loss to a legit team putting out effort, while nyj faces indy earlier on, then you're looking at both of them at 8-8 --- miami taking BOTH head to head games.
if you want to go even further, nyj got the 0-6 collins led saggy titans, while miami narrowly lost a 3 point game to the perky and enhanced vince young led team.
but I'll settle for the reality that, but for a couple scheduling quirks, the jets are 3rd in this division, and miami is the team that actually HAS improved and has reason to expect better.

You are the king of spin my man.

But yes the Fins are improved as well. The AFC East will be tough as hell this year. Whichever team comes out on top should definitely be set to make a serious run in the playoffs.

Yes. Did you see the youtube I posted a few pages back?

He has a plus arm, much better than I expected coming out of college.
You are joking right?

How many games did Sheppard miss? Strickland is a complete JAG.
Jenkins is you get what you get. If you seriously think its just bad luck that he was injured again, you need to get a reality check. And Washington is a 3rd down back. "Amazing players" contribute a hell of a lot more than Leon Washington, and since they are amazing they actually play more than they stand on the sidelines.

What do you think Sanchez' arm is if its not mediocre? Mediocre is actually a complement if we are only comparing to the 31 other starting QBs.

I was pointing out the craziness of some of the fans on here claiming that our running game is going to suffer without Leon.

I think Sanchez has an above average arm. Certainly not the best, but better than average.

Sorry dude, Im just going to speak up for my team when others are putting them down.

Thats what being a fan is about.
I wouldn't call it putting down so much as stating the obvious. I dislike homerism as much as I dislike blind hatred. Where I sit the Jets are a good side just not a great side.

I recognize that the Jets feel like they are in competition mode and are seeking vindication from the masses. That was Dolphins fans in 2008 and look at what happened in 2009.

The Jets would be primed for a quick rise like the Saints but lack the same amount of talent especially at QB. Unfortunately you have Mark Sanchez and not Drew Brees as your quarterback.

Be wary of prognosticating after the fairy-tale first year AFC Championship match performance of a rookie head coach.

Last edited:

if you want to go even further, nyj got the 0-6 collins led saggy titans, while miami narrowly lost an OT game to the perky and enhanced vince young led team.

Your point is interesting. If the schedule had the Jets playing Indy early on and Miami playing them in week 17 then both teams are 8-8, with Miami sweeping them. I never realized that lay down game is the only thing separating the 2 teams.
Wait, whyaren't the Dolphins out there in the media telling everyone how great we have to believe they are? They actually improved and have a QB who showed something. And they were 11-5 in 2008.
Why isn't Sporano acting all uppity and arrogant?

I wouldn't call it putting down so much as stating the obvious. I dislike homerism as much as I dislike blind hatred. Where I sit the Jets are a good side just not a great side.

I recognize that the Jets feel like they are in competition mode and are seeking vindication from the masses. That was Dolphins fans in 2008 and look at what happened in 2009.

The Jets would be primed for a quick rise like the Saints. Unfortunately you have Mark Sanchez and not Drew Brees as your quarterback.

I wasn't necessarily referring to you specifically as putting the Jets down just for the sake of putting them down. You are coming off as the most fair sided Pat fan in this discussion. Others however seem to be hating just for the sake of hating.

I was pointing out the craziness of some of the fans on here claiming that our running game is going to suffer without Leon.

I think Sanchez has an above average arm. Certainly not the best, but better than average.
No, you said Washington was an AMAZING PLAYER and a huge loss to injury. I don't see anyone using Washington as the reason your running game will suffer, its Jones and Faneca to worry about.

If Sanchez' arm is above average then give me the names of the 20 starting NFL QBs with worse arms.

I wasn't necessarily referring to you specifically as putting the Jets down just for the sake of putting them down. You are coming off as the most fair sided Pat fan in this discussion. Others however seem to be hating just for the sake of hating.
If you pull yourself back just a little you'll see that you're guilty of overselling the Jets where some Patriots fans are probably guilty of underselling some Jets.

Either way it's somewhere in the middle which is ironic given that's where most of us stand on Darrelle Revis too.

Who is 'hating for the sake of hating'? I see everyone that disagrees with you posting reasons and argments to support their statements.

No, you said Washington was an AMAZING PLAYER and a huge loss to injury. I don't see anyone using Washington as the reason your running game will suffer, its Jones and Faneca to worry about.

If Sanchez' arm is above average then give me the names of the 20 starting NFL QBs with worse arms.

I was saying it in jest. And yes there were multiple posts saying that the Jets running game would suffer without Washington.

Dude, im not going to sit here and make a list of qbs based on arm strength. The video is proof enough. It shows plus arm strength which is what I originally had stated.

Last edited:
Who is 'hating for the sake of hating'? I see everyone that disagrees with you posting reasons and argments to support their statements.

Saying that a rookie qb has no chance of improving and showed absolutely nothing is hating for the sake of hating.

If you pull yourself back just a little you'll see that you're guilty of overselling the Jets where some Patriots fans are probably guilty of underselling some Jets.

Either way it's somewhere in the middle which is ironic given that's where most of us stand on Darrelle Revis too.

Great post. Agreed 100 percent.

I was saying it in jest. And yes there were multiple posts saying that the Jets running game would suffer without Washington.

Dude, im not going to sit here and make a list of qbs based on arm strength. The video is proof enough.

Our eyes over the course of a season disagree with your assertion. And, for the record, from all the way back at the combine:

Mark Sanchez/QB/USC: Sanchez struggled most of the day and may have pushed himself out of the draft's first 10 selections. He was accurate throwing between the numbers, but Sanchez sprayed the outs and was very inaccurate with his deep outs. Most worrisome is Sanchez showed marginal arm strength and on a number of occasions receivers were slowing up in their deep patterns as his passes were underthrown.

Pat White, Deon Butler shne at NFL combine - NFL - SI.com

You're acting as if it's only Patriots fans talking about Sanchez' arm. It isn't, and it hasn't been.

Your point is interesting. If the schedule had the Jets playing Indy early on and Miami playing them in week 17 then both teams are 8-8, with Miami sweeping them. I never realized that lay down game is the only thing separating the 2 teams.
Wait, whyaren't the Dolphins out there in the media telling everyone how great we have to believe they are? They actually improved and have a QB who showed something. And they were 11-5 in 2008.
Why isn't Sporano acting all uppity and arrogant?

the 'phins lost ronnie brown for half the season last year, traded in one of the league's worst #1 receivers for one of the best (who's playing all 16 games), and have a qb who should be at least as improved as sancheese.

if the jets are a superbowl team, the dolphins are in the superDUPERbowl.

Our eyes over the course of a season disagree with your assertion. And, for the record, from all the way back at the combine:

Pat White, Deon Butler shne at NFL combine - NFL - SI.com

You're acting as if it's only Patriots fans talking about Sanchez' arm. It isn't, and it hasn't been.

If you go back, you see that I mentioned I was shocked at Sanchez's nfl arm strength compared to college and the combine process.

Sanchez problems last year did not come from under throwing receivers, rather forcing the ball into coverage. His better throws came on outs and slants where he really was able to get the ball where it needed to be.

His outs to Cotchery against San Diego and Indy are great examples of this.

Last edited:

The somewhere in the middle comment is ironic to me, because thats really fits the Jets, they are thoroughly average. Yet their fans want us to think they are SB Champs.
Average is going 8-8 which they were without the gift.
Average is being 3-3 in your division, yet they were 2-4
Average is being inconsistent like starting the season 3-0 then having a 1-6 stretch then getting a couple of wins in the playoffs.
Average is running well to compensate for a train wreck of a QB.
Average may be a running game that expects to replace its 2 most important pieces with untested youngsters.
Average is throwing out one disappointing corner and replacing him with one equally as disappointing and reportedly an attitude problem.
Average is opening the door to a guy who is suspended for the first 4 games that his team would have given away for free in desperation of trying to find a way to have a passng offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST