PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Reich Fired

There is nothing, I repeat NOTHING that I enjoy more than reading the “Colts Fan Forums” to witness first hand the complete ruination of what was truly a great arch-rival. Ever since Grigson said, “we got you “bleepers” this time” kicking off the Deflategate debacle, I’ve read from afar their whining, scoffing, and pure hatred over what cold air/wet rain can do to a football and use that as a “poor little me” excuse - whimps…. If you want to raise your blood pressure, read over one of the fifty “Peyton’s better than Tommy” blogs as if an MVP trophy means more than a Championship trophy! But ever since they made the playoffs last year, ooops, sorry forgot they lost to the worst team in football to get into the playoffs. Anyway, since they got Marty Melt, I mean Ice, and especially after beating the Chiefs in Game 3 (banner anyone?), things have gone slightly off track for Little Boy Blues. 1) Marty did melt / one week after the buffoon owner stated he was a “steely eyed missile man” and a leader in the ilk of Peyton himself, 2) We beat ‘em so bad they had to fire their coach, and 3) they hire an interim coach who never coached, to coach a “professional” football team which means they now have to replace, search, and sign both another new coach and franchise QB in order to bring in another “winning system”. Yes, Pats friends, while you never hear about the colts balls from that fateful playoff game, it’s still nice to see the truly offensive team from that game is still deep under the “Curse” left behind! Thanks “Griggy”

I hate that franchise too... But wasn't it Mike Kensil who is attributed with saying the "We got you ****ers this time" quote?

I hate that franchise too... But wasn't it Mike Kensil who is attributed with saying the "We got you ****ers this time" quote?
“Patriots sources are steadfast — and their belief was conveyed to the league, according to a source — that Mike Kensil, the NFL’s VP of game operations, walked up to Patriots equipment manager Dave Schoenfeld on the sideline after halftime and said, ‘We weighed the balls. You are in big f—— trouble,’ ” SI’s Greg Bedard wrote last May. “New England and Kraft thought this incident, and others, showed bias by the league and would be explored in the Wells report.”

Kensil got fired in 2016 lmao

When you're Jim Irsay, you just

1. Demand the coach get rid of Carson Wentz
  2. Force the team to scramble to find a replacement QB
  3. Demand the coach bench that replacement QB (Matt Ryan) in order to save money
  4. Fire the coach, effectively blaming him for your screw ups

Vrabel, and the Titans, must love having Irsay in that division. It makes their jobs so much easier.
IMO, this vindicates Josh's decision not to go there.

"We're the 4th most winningest franchise in history... since 2000"

Uh, okay... that is technically true but that's basically just saying "we won a lot of games when Peyton was here in his prime."

If you only measure their record since 2010 onward (which is still 12 years of data) they're 10th best in the league. All-time, they're 11th in total wins. That's not bad overall, still, but this playing with the statistics is pretty much just riding the Manning years a decade later.

(FWIW, New England was 1st in wins in the 2000s and 2010s, and 2nd place is not close in either decade.)

I stand to be corrected Captain - I got my “***holes” mixed up! Thanks for setting me straight.

That's a nice thought, but I suspect Marc Davis won't drop McD as fast as ol' coke head Irsay just dropped Reich. Davis is no where near as wealthy and he just dropped a ton of money into McD and GM Dave Zeigler. It's hard to see where he'd go next after this and the Gruden debacle.
I know, I know. Though I am a confirmed curmudgeon, I have moments when my arrhythmic old heart just leaps up in hopefulness. I'm sorry you had to see it. It's never pretty. ;)

I think Reich is an excellent offensive coordinator. Patriots should go after him and Ballard who is an excellent GM.
I think he would at least calm the waters, and more importantly, his availability creates an excellent opportunity to end the Fatt Matt fiasco.

(I have no idea re Judge, who seems to be functioning as some sort of sentient blocking dummy, or doorstop.)

Irsay today after firing Reich and bringing in Saturday
Feel Better Season 3 GIF by NETFLIX
I watched some of the press conference: I expected him to offer thin air a handshake or lose his way exiting the stage. Poor guy is used up, can't run anything.

Uh, okay... that is technically true but that's basically just saying "we won a lot of games when Peyton was here in his prime."

If you only measure their record since 2010 onward (which is still 12 years of data) they're 10th best in the league. All-time, they're 11th in total wins. That's not bad overall, still, but this playing with the statistics is pretty much just riding the Manning years a decade later.

(FWIW, New England was 1st in wins in the 2000s and 2010s, and 2nd place is not close in either decade.)
I liked the Colts when they were in Baltimore, going back to the Unitas days (when the franchise also got a lot of wins) and their epic victory over the Giants in the 1958 NFL championship game. But when Irsay's dad loaded the vans in the middle of the night and left Baltimore, I lost all interest in them. Then, of course, there is the last two decades of rivalry and less than sterling behavior from Indianapolis.

The only important record is the Colts' record since the "Deflategate" game - a combined 61-64-1 including playoffs. "The rivalry is back on!" according to Chris Ballard.

You know those Colts... they LOVE their participation trophies! :poop:

1668026666599.png

Let them have it if it let's them sleep better at night. But the Colts were only good with Peyton Manning and quickly became a dumpster fire without him.

They intentionally tanked in their 'SUCK for LUCK' campaign but that didn't amount to a hill of beans, did it?

You know those Colts... they LOVE their participation trophies! :poop:

View attachment 47147

Let them have it if it let's them sleep better at night. But the Colts were only good with Peyton Manning and quickly became a dumpster fire without him.

They intentionally tanked in their 'SUCK for LUCK' campaign but that didn't amount to a hill of beans, did it?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back