PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Reich Fired

People are making fun of the Saturday hire, but he paid his dues working several weeks for a juvenile christian academy. It’s time. Great hire.
I see what you did there.

They’re clearly tanking. I would not be shocked to see them shut down guys like Taylor and Leonard soon as well.

They’re clearly tanking. I would not be shocked to see them shut down guys like Taylor and Leonard soon as well.
Two teams in the same division trying to tank is going to be intersting. Who do you think teams would be tanking for Young from Alabama?

The question is how much periodic tanking the Colts fan base can be expected to endure. Season ticket holders should be livid over how badly that franchise is mismanaged. I'll never buy the idea that tanking in the NFL makes any sense at all.

Two teams in the same division trying to tank is going to be intersting. Who do you think teams would be tanking for Young from Alabama?
He would be my guess. He reminds me a lot of Mahomes.

The question is how much periodic tanking the Colts fan base can be expected to endure. Season ticket holders should be livid over how badly that franchise is mismanaged. I'll never buy the idea that tanking in the NFL makes any sense at all.
I don’t think players buy into tanking. But I think the organization can sabotage the team by fielding a less competitive unit in order to increase draft position. That at least looks like what they’re doing. Otherwise, benching Ryan for Ehlinger makes no sense.

The Jaguars did the same thing in 2020 to draft Lawrence. Time will tell if that was the correct move vs winning a couple more worthless games that, in the end, have more net negatives than positives. Even in his second year and still learning, he’s been that team’s best QB since Garrard in ‘07, and maybe even the best since Brunnell.

Last edited:
How come you didn't invite Fivehead to the party?

However, I think he's having too much fun and has enough money in the bank to not want to get his hands dirty in the ugly business of being an NFL coach or GM. He can just sit on the couch with his brother and yuck it up and make good coin doing so.
After Fivehead went off on him I don’t know if it will work out. Lol

So who's idea was it to fire the OC?

I watched some ESPN today and I think they were being way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too nice about this because they all like Saturday personally. I mean Saturday could be the greatest guy in the world, but this is a total clustermess of a maneuver by an organization being run in a bass-ackward manner.

the AFCS HAS to be the worst division in the league by FAR. I suggest that there should be a division re-alignment. We give them Miami and take back the Colts. It would make more cents for everyone and NO one in our division gives up the worst and most unfair competition advantage, which is the south florida sun in the fall. It used to be fairer with the freezing cold coming North, but now with 70 degree Novembers and Decembers with days that now rarely hitting below freezing it makes NO sense to play in Miami first and then in the tepid times in reverse.

It would be much fairer to both teams to play our first game with Miami and then in play a december in Miami game. But that would only be common sense, so we probably forget that.

the AFCS HAS to be the worst division in the league by FAR. I suggest that there should be a division re-alignment. We give them Miami and take back the Colts. It would make more cents for everyone and NO one in our division gives up the worst and most unfair competition advantage, which is the south florida sun in the fall. It used to be fairer with the freezing cold coming North, but now with 70 degree Novembers and Decembers with days that now rarely hitting below freezing it makes NO sense to play in Miami first and then in the tepid times in reverse.

It would be much fairer to both teams to play our first game with Miami and then in play a december in Miami game. But that would only be common sense, so we probably forget that.
If you really want to go geographic, you’d give up Miami to the south, but Indy would go to the north with Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Cleveland, while the AFC East would get the Ravens. That would be painful to deal with the Ratbirds every year though….

realignment?
East: Patriots, Bills, Jersey B & Ratbirds ... I'd love to hear about us passing on lamar jackon twice a year
North: Stealers, Clots. Brown, Bengals
West: Chargers, Donks, Cheefs, Vegas, Baby!
South: Dolphins, Texans, Shaguars, Titsan

realignment?
East: Patriots, Bills, Jersey B & Ratbirds ... I'd love to hear about us passing on lamar jackon twice a year
North: Stealers, Clots. Brown, Bengals
West: Chargers, Donks, Cheefs, Vegas, Baby!
South: Dolphins, Texans, Shaguars, Titsan

I agree that should be the logical alignment of the AFC divisions... But dam I don't wanna hafta face the Murderer-Worshippers twice a year...

I agree that should be the logical alignment of the AFC divisions... But dam I don't wanna hafta face the Murderer-Worshippers twice a year...
you said it - its the logical realignment - so it will never happen

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back