PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

If you saw the skit with Gronk, they were joking and fooling around. They actually reframed the question to would Giselle allow Brady to play 50.

If I were a betting man, I bet that Brady will play out his contract. If he can still play at a high level at 45 years, he'll play 1 last bonus year at 46.
Brady's already said most of the stuff he says is BS. I agree, he's just having fun and trolling people. He's people like NewEra's worse nightmare. Lmao

Why should we not take Brady at his word that he wants to play until he sucks? Can he make it to 50 without sucking? Maybe. I’d bet probably not. But can he make it to 47/48? Is that so hard to believe?

OSLB Jason Pierre-Paul didn't practice but it was a veteran's day off and he will play with that hand injury, coach Bruce Arians said.

Why should we not take Brady at his word that he wants to play until he sucks? Can he make it to 50 without sucking? Maybe. I’d bet probably not. But can he make it to 47/48? Is that so hard to believe?
He has a lot his favor because he picked Tampa. He comments on the warmer weather a lot and that is not just to troll the Patriots like some think. It is most likely because his body feels 1000 times better in the warmer weather with his arm/shoulder being much looser year around. It does not feel nearly as bad to get sacked in 70 degree weather as 20 degree weather not to mention the grip on the football and being able to air it out every game and practice.

Second, he has a GM who is all in on maximizing his final years and a coach who allows him to run the offense. It is an ideal combo for longevity because he simply does not have to carry as much with the supreme talent around him and he is also not being micromanaged on or off the field by his coach.

Third, the NFC is by far the weaker conference than the AFC so his path won't be as difficult, less wear and tear than had he stayed in the AFC.

So overall, he has set himself up to absolutely be able to play into his mid-40s if he wants to.

Brady's already said most of the stuff he says is BS. I agree, he's just having fun and trolling people. He's people like NewEra's worse nightmare. Lmao
I think NewEra finally gave up on Stidham. Hasn't mentioned him once since he returned with his new board name :D

He has a lot his favor because he picked Tampa. He comments on the warmer weather a lot and that is not just to troll the Patriots like some think. It is most likely because his body feels 1000 times better in the warmer weather with his arm/shoulder being much looser year around. It does not feel nearly as bad to get sacked in 70 degree weather as 20 degree weather not to mention the grip on the football and being able to air it out every game and practice.

Second, he has a GM who is all in on maximizing his final years and a coach who allows him to run the offense. It is an ideal combo for longevity because he simply does not have to carry as much with the supreme talent around him and he is also not being micromanaged on or off the field by his coach.

Third, the NFC is by far the weaker conference than the AFC so his path won't as difficult, less wear and tear than had he stayed in the AFC.

So overall, he has set himself up to absolutely be able to play into his mid-40s if he wants to.
I'm buying most of what you're selling, but I'm not buying the 3rd item.

Bucs
Rams
49ers

Quite possibly 3 of the 4 best teams in the NFL. And that still leaves the Seahawks, Cardinals and Packers as teams that would almost certainly be playoff teams in the AFC.

Bucs
Rams
49ers

Quite possibly 3 of the 4 best teams in the NFL. And that still leaves the Seahawks, Cardinals and Packers as teams that would almost certainly be playoff teams in the AFC.

Only one of those NFC West teams has the ability to get the bye, the others are all gonna have to play 3 road games to get to the Super Bowl. And they’re gonna beat eachother up so it’s not likely any of them get the bye period.

Bucs
Rams
49ers

The Bucs IMO are the best team in football but since I am talking about the Brady's path as he enters his mid 40s, they don't count as Brady does not have to play them. LOL.

I think when you look at the two conferences top to bottom and not just the top tier teams that is where the AFC separates. If you look at the NFC East and NFC North - they are the 2 worst divisions in football IMO by a lot. The weakest division in the AFC is probably the AFC South and even they have the Titans and Colts who are playoff caliber teams.

Kyle Shanahan is 7-27 without Jimmy Garoppolo and 23-8 with Jimmy Garoppolo.

The Bucs IMO are the best team in football but since I am talking about the Brady's path as he enters his mid 40s, they don't count as Brady does not have to play them. LOL.

I think when you look at the two conferences top to bottom and not just the top tier teams that is where the AFC separates. If you look at the NFC East and NFC North - they are the 2 worst divisions in football IMO by a lot. The weakest division in the AFC is probably the AFC South and even they have the Titans and Colts who are playoff caliber teams.
Three teams that are likely to be among the four worst teams in football are in the AFC (Jets/Jags/Texans). Only the Lions are likely to come from the NFC.

Three teams that are likely to be among the four worst teams in football are in the AFC (Jets/Jags/Texans). Only the Lions are likely to come from the NFC.
I think at this point the Giants and Jags will be battling it out for the worst along with the Texans, Lions, Vikings. I will add in the Bears too if they stick with Dalton will be right there with them.

One other thing to consider beyond this season - this is Rodgers last season in GB which means Love will take over which will knock GB down from being an elite contender to either an average team or below average depending on how well Love plays. At that point, it will just be the West division contending with the Bucs.

I think at this point the Giants and Jags will be battling it out for the worst along with the Texans, Lions, Vikings. I will add in the Bears too if they stick with Dalton will be right there with them.

One other thing to consider beyond this season - this is Rodgers last season in GB which means Love will take over which will knock GB down from being an elite contender to either an average team or below average depending on how well Love plays. At that point, it will just be the West division contending with the Bucs.
Let me put it this way:

I think the NFC has more, and likely better, teams at the top, and the AFC has more, and likely worse, teams at the bottom. I also think the AFC looks as if it will have more teams in the nebulous middle, with the extras in that group being lower-middle types of teams rather than upper-middle types. And, since I don't really consider lower-middle teams likely to be significant obstacles on the path of elite teams, I disagree with your claim in your 3rd point.

Now, injuries and other events can change this in a moment (See 2020 49ers for example), and it's possible that some moves may lead to teams being better/worse than I have them right now (i.e. can Teddy Bridgewater really make a full season of difference in Denver to the point where that's a better middle type team than most would currently give credit), but that's how I see it right now.

Let me put it this way:

I think the NFC has more, and likely better, teams at the top, and the AFC has more, and likely worse, teams at the bottom. I also think the AFC looks as if it will have more teams in the nebulous middle, with the extras in that group being lower-middle types of teams rather than upper-middle types. And, since I don't really consider lower-middle teams likely to be significant obstacles on the path of elite teams, I disagree with your claim in your 3rd point.

Now, injuries and other events can change this in a moment (See 2020 49ers for example), and it's possible that some moves may lead to teams being better/worse than I have them right now (i.e. can Teddy Bridgewater really make a full season of difference in Denver to the point where that's a better middle type team than most would currently give credit), but that's how I see it right now.
I don't really agree about the top and bottom teams but taking just this point in bold IMO that is what makes the AFC the better conference. They do have a better middle class so to speak. Tampa this year is playing the NFC East and then has the Rams/Bears as their other 2 teams. All of the strong teams in the NFC are in the West (I am not discounting GB but until we see Rodgers look like he wants to play fill tilt, I am not including them with the West) so Tampa's path this year is ridiculously easy because they avoid all of the elite NFC teams save for the Rams and because the NFC does not have a solid middle class of teams, they will truck their other NFC opponents.

I don't really agree about the top and bottom teams but taking just this point in bold IMO that is what makes the AFC the better conference. They do have a better middle class so to speak. Tampa this year is playing the NFC East and then has the Rams/Bears as their other 2 teams. All of the strong teams in the NFC are in the West (I am not discounting GB but until we see Rodgers look like he wants to play fill tilt, I am not including them with the West) so Tampa's path this year is ridiculously easy because they avoid all of the elite NFC teams save for the Rams and because the NFC does not have a solid middle class of teams, they will truck their other NFC opponents.
Larger ≠ better

Also, you're tipping the scales with moves like dismissing the Packers. I could do the same, but that's not where I was coming from on this.

But I'll leave it there. We're not likely to come to any agreement in this area, at least until we see the actual play over the course of the next weeks or months.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back