PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Let me just say, as a Pats fan I PRAY that Mac Jones’ “aww shucks I’ve just always been raised to be humble and be a team first guy” stuff is an act. Something to make good inoffensive soundbytes over. Because I don’t want that attitude driving my QB for more than a year or two.

Remember Brady’s first interaction with Robert Kraft, as a 6th round nobody that I doubt Robert even remembered, where he said that picking him was the best decision he’s ever made. This is sports it’s not real life, you want a degree of psychopath in your stars.
Very underrated point.

Being clutch is the result of having extremely high confidence in oneself. Its what separates Brady from Rodgers and Manning. They fear the tight window throw in the playoffs, Brady thrives off of it

That reminds me of Bill Russell, who's one win short of twice as many as Michael Jordan, who never won until Magic and Bird left.
MJ won his first Ring against Magic and the Lakers.

MJ played with a crap team that he took to the playoffs every year, even as a rookie.

It took MJ getting hurt then Krause intentionally benching him so they could get a lottery pick which got them Pippen.

Once MJ had a team he won every year.

There is no need to deminish greatness in order to elevate another great player

You’ve got to get him off his spot or Matty will light you up for sure,” Bucs coach Bruce Arians said of Falcons QB Matt Ryan.

Does that sound familiar to anyone?

MJ played with a crap team that he took to the playoffs every year, even as a rookie.

It took MJ getting hurt then Krause intentionally benching him so they could get a lottery pick which got them Pippen.

1. Jordan didn't win until the Lakers and Celtics were in clear decline. Jabbar had retired, and Bird's compressed nerve root was in control of his game.
  2. Jordan won in an era where there were no other great teams.
  3. Jordan never won without Pippen.

Whether you consider that an attempt to diminish Jordan or not (I think it's context that gets deliberately ignored in order to make the Jordan narrative look better, but that happens with a lot of players, and I absolutely consider Jordan to be among the greatest to ever play the sport), it's still the truth.

1. Jordan didn't win until the Lakers and Celtics were in clear decline. Jabbar had retired, and Bird's compressed nerve root was in control of his game.
  2. Jordan won in an era where there were no other great teams.
  3. Jordan never won without Pippen.

Whether you consider that an attempt to diminish Jordan or not (I think it's context that gets deliberately ignored in order to make the Jordan narrative look better, but that happens with a lot of players, and I absolutely consider Jordan to be among the greatest to ever play the sport), it's still the truth.
Bird never won without Parrish, Walton, Ainge.

Magic never won without Jabbar or James Worthy.

Those are facts.

The 90s had some great teams. The Rockets, Jazz and Sonic had a few great years. There just wasn't a great team that spanned the entire decade like the Bulls.

But even the Bulls were 2 different teams, the early 90s and late 90s were not the same team outside of MJ and Pippen.

Those are facts.

The 90s had some great teams. The Rockets, Jazz and Sonic had a few great years. There just wasn't a great team that spanned the entire decade like the Bulls.

But even the Bulls were 2 different teams, the early 90s and late 90s were not the same team outside of MJ and Pippen.
Those aren't facts. For starters, Bird won without Walton, and Bird won without Ainge.

And stop about those 90's teams.

I mean, come on.
rofl.gif

Here’s final injury report for Bucs and Falcons, with CB Carlton Davis a late addition with a hamstring injury.

E_gyh-dWYAMUQ3g

Those are facts.

Agree. I mean if we're gonna be like this then Brady's first 3 rings were with dominant defenses and a clutch kicker, and his last 3 rings had an elite CB1 and elite defense, plus a GOAT tight end and great OLine. And his Bucs team was stacked. I don't get the need to denigrate Brady or MJ.

Those aren't facts. For starters, Bird won without Walton, and Bird won without Ainge.

And stop about those 90's teams.

I mean, come on.
rofl.gif
I got Walton confused with McHale. Bird never won without Parrish or McHale and Ainge was there for 8 seasons including 2 of the 3 wins.

And yes the 90s had great teams. The Rockets with Hakeem were great when they got him Clyde, and Gary Payton and Kemp were a great duo, and the Jazz we're great in the late 90s.

I mean come on :rofl:

I got Walton confused with McHale. Bird never won without Parrish or McHale and Ainge was there for 8 seasons including 2 of the 3 wins.

And yes the 90s had great teams. The Rockets with Hakeem were great when they got him Clyde, and Gary Payton and Kemp were a great duo, and the Jazz we're great in the late 90s.

I mean come on :rofl:
Your definition of a great NBA team is obviously very different from mine.

Larger ≠ better

Also, you're tipping the scales with moves like dismissing the Packers. I could do the same, but that's not where I was coming from on this.

But I'll leave it there. We're not likely to come to any agreement in this area, at least until we see the actual play over the course of the next weeks or months.
Yup. It's too early to tell the true strength of the teams.

For the last few years, and overall, the AFC has dominated the NFC in head to head play. If Brady hadn't switched to the NFC the AFC probably would have taken the SB last year.

I'm not diminishing the greatness of Jordan, I'm elevating Russell's to it's proper position.

When you say that once MJ had a team he won every year, what constitutes winning?

So MJ's team tanked to get another top player for MJ. I'm not surprised. Red never had to do that because he had Bill.

Okay, I was wrong. Jordan won one against old man Magic.

The Celts never won anything until Russell arrived and didn't win for a few years after he left. With him they won 11 in 13 years and the last two with him as a player/coach. The only one I can think of who's approaching that kind of success is Tommy LomBrady

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back