PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Fact: every single thing Brady is doing nowadays, the commercials the social media stuff the shadow GM role, would be celebrated by fans if he was still on the Pats AND they’d be giving Belichick credit for adjusting with the times and giving him more leeway. But because he’s in Tampa fans it’s bad.

Fact: every single thing Brady is doing nowadays, the commercials the social media stuff the shadow GM role, would be celebrated by fans if he was still on the Pats AND they’d be giving Belichick credit for adjusting with the times and giving him more leeway. But because he’s in Tampa fans it’s bad.
For sure, there is no question about it. I have noticed that about a lot of things with him. I literally saw someone trash him for subway and saying he sold out and then the same person will applaud and laugh at the BB subway commercial.

For sure, there is no question about it. I have noticed that about a lot of things with him. I literally saw someone trash him for subway and saying he sold out and then the same person will applaud and laugh at the BB subway commercial.
How the hell does one argue that a guy sold out when his entire contribution to the food company's commercial is about the fact that he won't eat the food?

"Buy this **** that I wouldn't feed my dog"

"OMG, he sold out!"

How the hell does one argue that a guy sold out when his entire contribution to the food company's commercial is about the fact that he won't eat the food?

Especially when that's the entire joke about the ad campaign...that is the point...that he doesn't eat the product he's endorsing, the viewer understands that, and it's hillarious.

Also Brady was in a Snickers commercial around 2003 that involved him calling the Jets a bunch of morons without realizing he’s in the wrong huddle. It was pretty good. Then SNL in 2005. A guest spot on the Simpsons where the joke was literally “Everyone Sucks But Me” which ironically aired immediately after Super Bowl 39. The under armor commercial in the store where’s he’s angry that no one recognizes him being the cardboard standee. Brady was always the same guy. And Pats fans loved it all until the second he left.

Boston sports fans have this tendency for idolizing the scrappy dirtdog players on teams that might not be that great but seem relatable and Pats fans deluded themselves into thinking Brady was one of those players but actually awesome until either Gisselle made him soft or he decided to go go Tampa but actually he was never that guy ever. Which is absolutely fine for people like me who always knew it but dumber people feel “betrayed.”

Brady has never actually been some humble underdog, he always knew he was a superstar being held down by people who didn’t believe in him and that’s part of why he never loses the drive. He’s Michael Jordan except not a total dic.khead.

Last edited:

I very much enjoy these hilarious little skits. These guys are the stereotypical alpha jocks from the the 80s.

If they were boys growing up in today's world, lots of people would be trying to turn them into metroxual beta males.

Let me just say, as a Pats fan I PRAY that Mac Jones’ “aww shucks I’ve just always been raised to be humble and be a team first guy” stuff is an act. Something to make good inoffensive soundbytes over. Because I don’t want that attitude driving my QB for more than a year or two.

Remember Brady’s first interaction with Robert Kraft, as a 6th round nobody that I doubt Robert even remembered, where he said that picking him was the best decision he’s ever made. This is sports it’s not real life, you want a degree of psychopath in your stars.

Let me just say, as a Pats fan I PRAY that Mac Jones’ “aww shucks I’ve just always been raised to be humble and be a team first guy” stuff is an act. Something to make good inoffensive soundbytes over. Because I don’t want that attitude driving my QB for more than a year or two.
The yoga breathing on the sideline was odd.

Especially when that's the entire joke about the ad campaign...that is the point...that he doesn't eat the product he's endorsing, the viewer understands that, and it's hillarious.
Hate can be blinding.

Remember Brady’s first interaction with Robert Kraft, as a 6th round nobody that I doubt Robert even remembered, where he said that picking him was the best decision he’s ever made. This is sports it’s not real life, you want a degree of psychopath in your stars.
I absolutely believe it's an act. The guy's smart. When they interviewed him after his tryout, the one BB attended, and he brought up the old Navy play and how he did it for Bill, I knew this kid would do anything to get what he wants. He's got a killer instinct. He may just work out. Idk. We'll have to wait and see.

"It's amazing. I've been working hard the past few years just waiting on the call."

Tom Brady, er Tom Bready, explains that ⁦@SUBWAY⁩ commercial which looks like he’s selling fragrance but…well he has used the product.

Video: Tom Brady talks about the way Bucs came back from a 17-0 halftime deficit to beat the Falcons in last year’s first meeting, starting a still-active streak of eight straight games scoring at least 30 points.

Not quite a year, but take Brady away (just hypothetically, for this, folks) and Bucs' average age drops from 27.20 to 26.83, dropping from league's oldest roster to fifth-oldest.

NFL's annual breakdown of opening-week rosters is out. Bucs had 13 players listed at 300 pounds or more -- only NFL teams with more were Bengals and Bears, with 14 each. Only 8 Bucs under 200 pounds -- Chargers (5) and Colts, Raiders, Panthers, Lions (each 7) had fewer.

Interesting to see the disparity in average experience on NFL opening-week rosters -- Cardinals (5.47 years) edge Bucs (5.36) for most experienced, while Lions are way down at 3.00 years for least experience, Jets next at 3.22.

And NFL says @AlabamaFTBL had the most players on opening-week rosters with 54, ahead of Ohio State (50) and LSU (47). Here’s the top 10:

E_au37HXIAIy_Pw

Really very little to report from Bucs practice. They're indoors again today with rain nearby. Only guy on the injury list Wednesday was Jason Pierre-Paul, and the non-special-teams players weren't even all there when our viewing window ended. (I think he'll be fine for Sunday.)

How’s this for Tom Brady ball placement? “Was there any doubt? Any doubt? I had no doubt,” Brady said, after nailing it. Not sure if they’ll allow emergency QB Cam Brate to continue after this..

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back