PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Bucs long-snapper Zach Triner's finger injury is serious enough he'll likely need 12 weeks to recover from surgery. But in the middle of a game Thursday, he walked over to trainers to make sure he could finish the opener against the Cowboys. And he did:

Here's the full injury report for Bucs and Falcons -- pretty clean all around.

E_Wna2WXoAs8Z9d

Week 1 marked the first time in @Buccaneers history in which three players recorded 90+ receiving yards in a single game. Antonio Brown: 5 rec., 121 yards, 1 TD Chris Godwin: 9 rec., 105 yards, 1 TD Rob Gronkowski: 8 rec., 90 yards, 2 TD

Hahahahaha
Literally no one would get in front of him to block.
I wouldn't want that monster running me over from behind, so I can't blame kids who were outsized by about 100 pounds when playing against a freakin' RB.

Don't see anyway the Bucs and Rams aren't the top two seeds in the NFC. Besides playing one another in week 3, both of their schedules are quite favorable. (As a side, I think it's embarassing that the #2 seeds no longer get a bye. I get more playoff football=more revenue. In that case, add wild cards and they can host a game).

In the AFC, the only team I'm sure about (At least offensively) are the Chiefs. But I'm still concerned about the defense. Can't start getting into shootouts all of the time. Because eventually the opponent will win that battle. See 2018 AFC Championship as a reference.

Then again, it's hard to forecast anything after week 1. Might not be until week 5 or so that we get an idea as to who is what. There's always these teams that start out 4-0 or 3-1. But they get figured out and/or fade down the stretch.
I don't feel that there should be any byes with the completely different schedules that teams play.

I don't feel that there should be any byes with the completely different schedules that teams play.
You can't play a 7 team single elimination tournament without one.

It's throws like these that I want to see Mac eventually make at the NFL level. The space to put the ball is the size of a bread box thrown with anticipation and velocity. These are game changing throws and ones that are necessary from a pocket Qb in order to gain chunk yardage and put the defense on its heels.

One thing about the Miami game not getting mentioned is the Miami defense played that game on its terms. I don't think Flores gave a damn about the run. When it was time to pass he pressured Mac on almost all of his throws forcing the check downs. He knew Josh would tell Mac to get rid of it in the face of pressure or uncertainty. What is great is Mac did not get flustered or turn the ball over but he also didn't make any game changing throws with the exception of the long one to White down the sideline. As he matures, he hopefully starts to make these thread the needle plays. I do wish our receivers were better though.

Last edited:
You can't play a 7 team single elimination tournament without one.
I know. They've been at 7 for one year and they won't be staying at 7.
It won't be long before they get to half the league making the playoffs.

Did he really say that? The last time he was asked about 50, I thought he had said that it would be really tough for him to play that long.
The question is how does it play out? Does he play in Tampa that long? I can't imagine them ever letting him go if they think he can still play well. Or does he sign a series of one year deals with different teams? I have to say that would be kind of cool if he did that. He could literally haunt every division in the league. LOL

Did he really say that? The last time he was asked about 50, I thought he had said that it would be really tough for him to play that long.
The question is how does it play out? Does he play in Tampa that long? I can't imagine them ever letting him go if they think he can still play well. Or does he sign a series of one year deals with different teams? I have to say that would be kind of cool if he did that. He could literally haunt every division in the league. LOL

2016 was bs. Most other publications gave Brady MVP but not the AP. He won as many games as Ryan despite a four game handicap. Ryan finishing #10 for NFL Top 100, voted by the players, is all you need to know.

At least in 2017 he won despite not having a spectacular year by his standards…somewhat balances it out.
I think voters didn't support him because of that ridiculous suspension. :mad: But yeah, ball don't lie. Wentz might have been MVP in 2017 but got hurt and left the door wide open.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back