PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

No surprise here…

All I can say is the closest I’ve come in my life to assaulting someone is when a moving truck refused to give me back my possessions after tripling the agreed to price by pointing to some tiny fine print. I don’t know the circumstances with Brown, but I know that industry is full of scammers.
As PFF notes, Brown already served a suspension for this, so there shouldn't be anything new from the league on it. It's just about money, now.

No surprise here…

All I can say is the closest I’ve come in my life to assaulting someone is when a moving truck refused to give me back my possessions after tripling the agreed to price by pointing to some tiny fine print. I don’t know the circumstances with Brown, but I know that industry is full of scammers.

AB already served his suspension for the criminal portion of this case so it has no bearing on his status with the league or with the Bucs. This is a nuisance suit - he’ll give them 20,000 and it’ll go away. Could’ve just paid the 4k and been done with it though.

Reminder: For 20 years, we heard Tom Brady has always had a huuuuuuge advantage over rival NFL quarterbacks because he has Bill Belichick and the others don’t.

The advantage, we’ve always been told, is a much, much smarter offense and a better team culture…THE SYSTEM.

At age 43, Tom Brady just went to an entirely new team with a coach known to be a buffoon and defeated Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Patrick Mahomes in the same postseason.

It’s easy to forget for how long people, claiming to be really smart and understanding the finer points of football, have been certain that in a fair fight, Tom would be exposed as just another guy coming up short of a title…and that many of his flaws would be exposed without a brilliantly designed dink and dunk scheme.

I don’t know of this will ever fully sink in.

This is the kind of opening week opponent I hate. You've got a team that's got talent, that was wildly underachieving last year, and that has made major changes. It actually puts the better, established, more stable team (i.e. Patriots Dynasty teams, this year's Bucs) at a major disadvantage, because they're easier to game plan against at the start of the season.

I agree but Tampa brought back their whole starting line up so the chemistry is all there.

Before the nonsensical moving of the Tompa thread, it was the best thread going on the board. Now that it's been moved, the best threads going are, at least arguably, the thread about Aaron Rodgers and Lily, and the Jets suck thread, both of which have been allowed to remain on the main board without the idiot brigade trolling the hell out of them in hopes of getting them moved.

Note: No offense meant towards IIB's excellent QB ranking thread, which is tremendous. It's a bit more limited as a thread because of the more technical nature of it, is all.

There was no reason to move it. These threads are following a once in a lifetime player who gave us twenty years of the best experiences that any fan base has ever had.

But I'll happily argue about widgets and boobs.

No surprise here…

I've moved so many times in my life. You really have to watch out with them. Take an inventory of each box and number your boxes. Make sure everything has a label on it. Make sure they know you have everything inventoried.

The best experience I've had when moving was when I rented a U-haul and hired their helpers to load the truck. Those guys were good.

Buccaneers tight end O.J. Howard tore his Achilles in Week 4 against the Chargers. He is expected to attend the mandatory minicamp in early June.

“Yeah, he’s really close now,” Arians said. “He looks fantastic working out every day.”

Starting right guard Alex Cappa fractured an ankle in the wild-card round of the postseason, and Arians said he was uncertain whether Cappa would participate in the minicamp.

“I haven’t seen Cap,” Arians said. “He’ll be in soon, but from what I’m hearing he’s working out really, really well and doing well. I see O.J. every day.

“I can’t answer that right now [about whether Cappa will participate in the minicamp]. I can say there’s a real good chance, [but] I can’t swear to it.”

O.J. Howard is “really close” to a return

No surprise here…

I had serious problems in 2019 with a moving company called Stairhoppers out of Charlestown MA. I should have gone to AAA instead.

Reminder: For 20 years, we heard Tom Brady has always had a huuuuuuge advantage over rival NFL quarterbacks because he has Bill Belichick and the others don’t.

The advantage, we’ve always been told, is a much, much smarter offense and a better team culture…THE SYSTEM.

At age 43, Tom Brady just went to an entirely new team with a coach known to be a buffoon and defeated Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Patrick Mahomes in the same postseason.

It’s easy to forget for how long people, claiming to be really smart and understanding the finer points of football, have been certain that in a fair fight, Tom would be exposed as just another guy coming up short of a title…and that many of his flaws would be exposed without a brilliantly designed dink and dunk scheme.

I don’t know of this will ever fully sink in.
The 2020 Bucs and Pats have proven the theory that players win games, not coaches. It couldn't be more obvious now, but the evidence has always been there.

The 2020 Bucs and Pats have proven the theory that players win games, not coaches. It couldn't be more obvious now, but the evidence has always been there.
What's funny is Bill has always made that comment himself. Yet the cult of Bill seems to think otherwise.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back