PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Im not gonna beat around the bush, if this upcoming Seth Wicketsham has half of what I think it does I hope Brady beats Bill by 60. Apologies to the innocent bystanders actually on the Patriots.

They might preserve or limit him until the playoffs which would limit his TD count.
That;s certainly a possibility, though I think such a move would be pretty dependent upon how quickly and smoothly Howard's comeback from injury goes.

How important is Zack Martin? According to ESPN Stats & Info, the Cowboys averaged 4.5 yards per rush with him on the field last season and just 3.8 yards without him.

Vita Vea has been listed at 347 pound the last three years. When asked what he weighs now, he said, “I’m in that general area.”

The Bucs now have no players on the reserve/COVID-19 list, with Ryan Succop, Ndamukong Suh and Nick Leverett back and practicing. Earl Watford is off but now on IR.

Not much to glean from Bucs practice — Ndamukong Suh is back, Gio Bernard looks fine. Jordan Whitehead still just working with trainers, shouldn’t be playing Thursday.

A couple of tweets serving to demonstrate fan perception versus NFL reality:

Yeah well get ready for it. They do it every drive. Same play. And wonder why they have 2nd and 9 every time after it.

Just to offer some stats on Bucs and running on first and 10 last year: -- They ranked 16th out of 32 in percentage of run plays on first and 10. (207 pass, 205 runs, nearly 50/50) -- They averaged 4.2 yards per carry on such plays, slightly better than overall 4.1-yard average.

So it seems like a lot of first-down runs (but it isn't) and it seems ineffective (but no more than most run plays). You have Tom Brady at QB, you want to see a lot of passing, but they value offensive balance to keep defenses unsure of what to expect.

When passing on first-and-10, Bucs ranked 14th in yards per play last year at 7.6 yards, ranked 20th in percentage of plays that yielded a first down. Tied for sixth in total TD passes out of first-and-10, but nothing so great you'd say they had to ramp up early-down passing.

Amazing how many pundits are picking either the Packers or Rams in the NFC. Yeah I’m sure THIS is the year Rodgers doesn’t disappoint, definitely...

Ya he couldn’t do it last year with homefied, an All Pro center, and Tampa having no off season or AB. But ya he’ll do it this year with Tampa having a better offense and defense, clown talk.
At least you can make a case for the Rams but they’ve lost key defense pieces even with adding Stafford

Amazing how many pundits are picking either the Packers or Rams in the NFC. Yeah I’m sure THIS is the year Rodgers doesn’t disappoint, definitely...
The Rams pick continues to baffle me. How can anyone bet on Stafford?

A couple of tweets serving to demonstrate fan perception versus NFL reality:

This is very insightful. I had no issues with the Bucs running on first down. My issue was they did the same run play every time. They never mixed in a pitch or a draw or a counter trade. Every one was a wham right up the gut for a one yard gain. It was such unimaginative play design/play calling.

Im not gonna beat around the bush, if this upcoming Seth Wicketsham has half of what I think it does I hope Brady beats Bill by 60. Apologies to the innocent bystanders actually on the Patriots.
I don’t think the book is anti Brady. Bill Simmons endorsed the book already I don’t think he would have done that if it was slanted in any way. He was critical of the original Wickersham ESPN report about the trouble brewing in Foxboro between TB BB and Kraft.

I don’t think the book is anti Brady. Bill Simmons endorsed the book already I don’t think he would have done that if it was slanted in any way. He was critical of the original Wickersham ESPN report about the trouble brewing in Foxboro between TB BB and Kraft.
RichardSimmonsSept2011.jpg

Nah, that's what I imagine Patsgofor4,5,6,7 looks like after @KontradictioN got done with him. Although he does seem taller than the dwarf from the bagel video. Lmao
I **** that little fruitcake out. Front-running phony that he is.

Who was the guy on here that had his avatar set to Mahomes after the conference championship games last season?

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
Back