PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Absolutely everyone who’s said in the last decade that the NBA sucked did themselves a disservice not watching this Finals. Giannis couldn’t hit a 3 to save his life but is the most dominate player you’ll see playing straight up old school basketball. It’s extremely entertaining.
BDM

Antonio Brown, a late practice arrival the first two days, is already out here this morning.

WR Chris Godwin is here but not wearing a helmet or practicing today.

Bucs CB Sean Murphy-Bunting said he played last season with a hamstring injury he suffered in Week 2, he sprained his ankle twice, including during the playoffs and dislocated both thumbs. “Its just adversity.” he said.

Bucs quarterbacks are falling into a routine, with rookie Kyle Trask out here first for extra work with coaches, then Tom Brady and other veterans joining them.

Was wondering when Tom Brady would start getting vocal with teammates during practice this camp. Audibly upset during 11-on-11 today. Not going to quote him, but he’s demanding more and it’s Day 3.

Tom Brady got upset at his teammates when they jumped offsides today. Bruce Arians said it was justified. “When Tristan does it, he’s getting his ass chewed out.” Arians said.

Kyle Trask getting work with 2s in 11-on-11, hits Ke’Shawn Vaughn on a dumpoff. Bucs keeping together on a single field late in practice.

Arians said Bucs have a longer transition period this year, like four days to open, then “spiders” for two days and then full pads.

Brady's deep ball sure does stink.

I didn't post anything of the plays that didn't have the video, but here was Auman's take:

Bucs in two-minute, Brady to Gronk in a tight window with Lavonte David in close coverage. Two plays later, touchdown to Gronkowski down the middle. Doesn’t feel like July.

Tom Brady is here but not working today. Looks like a maintenance day.

Looks like several vets are off today and there is no practice Thursday. So two days off for Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Ryan Jensen to name a few.

Gronkowski says it's great to see the fun side of Tom Brady cracking jokes and keeping everyone loose.

Devin White says he's seeing a better Tom Brady and that he's more comfortable on the field.

#Bucs coach Bruce Arians says Tom Brady is very, very comfortable in their locker room, "and that personality is showing more and more and I love it.''

Coach Bruce Arians on giving Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski and other vets days off. “When you have guys, 30, 32 – or 43 – you’ve got to manage it for them or help them. You know, for us right now, it’s not important right now it’s get them to those games healthy and fresh.

"So yeah, I guess the NBA coined the term ‘load management.’ You know? I always said a vet day off. But I think it’s a very smart thing for those guys who hit that certain age of experience. It might be a repetition day of something that’s already in so they don’t really need it.

The more you can do...

I can’t document with photos, but Brady is lining up as a corner on his day off. Not exactly backpedaling, but he’s lining up opposite receivers at the line of scrimmage. So I think he’s fine.

Just to be clear before someone takes a practice tweet and builds an entire story (ahem): Brady’s cameo as a corner was like three minutes, and I don’t think he went more than 5 yards off the line of scrimmage. Still wild to see him in stance.

Update: Brady taking handoffs as a running back in QB positional drills on his day off. Crowd loves it. Just jogging, so relax.

With Ryan Jensen getting the day off, Bucs rookie Robert Hainsey getting work as the first-team center. Working with Gabbert, but a good opportunity for him.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back