PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Arians is pulling a Belichick.

Arians isn’t happy, says it was a “horseshit” practice, isn’t sure a receiver caught a pass the whole day.

Brady apologizes for a “****ty” practice today but says things will ramp up with first day in pads Saturday. Said Arians told the team “soccer practice is over.”

Arians unhappy with sluggish tempo today and too many drops. Asked if it was a bad day for Brady, too, he says: “He’s in there with them.”

So reporters see Brady having a good day, but the coach still lumps him in with the crowd he's criticizing. Tom's gonna have a flashback over this.

rofl.gif

So reporters see Brady having a good day, but the coach still lumps him in with the crowd he's criticizing. Tom's gonna have a flashback over this.

rofl.gif

Prediction: Next, BA will start grousing, "I could go over to Tampa HS and get Timmy Tampa to complete that pass!"

It's remarkable to realize the Bucs have Evans and Godwin as their best skill players, which stacks up with any team...and then two veterans who just happen to be the greatest TE of the 2010s and arguably the greatest WR of the 2010s, both still capable and productive when they need to be. And then a handful of other competent tight ends and WRs to fill in.

I re-watched the Super Bowl again; it stood out how fast and strong Gronkowski was in that game. I wonder if he selectively uses toradol or has some pain/injury risk management hierarchy depending on the game's importance.

Maybe that as well as he took a year off and had no training camp or preseason so regular season games was his warmups

rofl.gif

Brady has always appreciated hard coaching. I still 100% believe that for well over a decade he and Bill were on the same wavelength for most things. You only need to look at my favorite part of Belichick a Football Life to see it. It’s footage from the 2009 MNF beat down by the Saints and Brady and Bill are standing on the sidelines and Bill is treating Brady like he was his second in command, talking frankly with him how this team just isn’t doing what he’s trying to get them to do. And Brady’s nodding along in agreement. There’s no acrimony. I feel like this was their relationship for the vast majority of their career together. But then 2014 happened and Jimmy G came into the picture and when Brady outperformed him and still didn’t get the contract extension he realized Bill no longer wanted him, he infact resented him for messing up his plans to move on from him, and the damage was irreparable.

All I’m saying is that Tom Brady needs a great organization, a great coach, a great owner. This isn’t to take anything away from him, but you know, Peyton, Mahomes, Rodgers can turn any organization into a winner. Brady was lucky to be drafted by the Patriots. There’s no way he’d succeed, with his limitations, with a terrible organization like the Browns or Lions.

(By the way, if you remove Brady from the Patriots record, they’re 300-340, a .469 winning percentage, which ranks 24th. Their comps are the Bills, Saints, Lions, and Bengals.)

1627716822315.png

Last edited:
All I’m saying is that Tom Brady needs a great organization, a great coach, a great owner. This isn’t to take anything away from him, but you know, Peyton, Mahomes, Rodgers can turn any organization into a winner. Brady was lucky to be drafted by the Patriots. There’s no way he’d succeed, with his limitations, with a terrible organization like the Browns or Lions.

(By the way, if you remove Brady from the Patriots record, they’re 300-340, a .469 winning percentage, which ranks 24th. Their comps are the Bills, Saints, Lions, and Bengals.)

View attachment 34324
Wasn't Tampa the losingest franchise in NFL history until Brady showed up in year one and turned them into champions?

I can't believe people still espouse this nonsense after last season. The Patriots hadn't won anything until Brady showed and Bill is sub .500 without him.

Wasn't Tampa the losingest franchise in NFL history until Brady showed up in year one and turned them into champions?

I can't believe people still espouse this nonsense after last season. The Patriots hadn't won anything until Brady showed and Bill is sub .500 without him.
I think they had the worst winning percentage out of all four major sports.

I think they had the worst winning percentage out of all four major sports.

Imo, that's a bit of a misnomer. The franchise record was the worst and that has a lot to do with their God awful beginnings but they did win a Superbowl. That doesn't change anything that Brady did which was remarkable.

Imo, that's a bit of a misnomer. The franchise record was the worst and that has a lot to do with their God awful beginnings but they did win a Superbowl. That doesn't change anything that Brady did which was remarkable.
Ok, I mean the bears won a superbowl. lol. Tampa had zero playoff wins for the last 19 years when Brady got there.

View attachment 34324
Hey Ice, who wrote that quote? I mean that is the most silly thing I have ever read. The Patriots were the loveable losers before Brady got there. I know, because I have followed them since the early 80's. Brady didnt jump on some superbowl winning train either time, he went to teams that could not win much, so that quote is silly.

What’s hilarious is the Bucs have as many Super Bowl wins as the Dolphins, who 10-15 years ago had the best winning pct. of any franchise and are still #6. One more for the Bucs and that Florida trash talk will be delicious.

Hey Ice, who wrote that quote? I mean that is the most silly thing I have ever read. The Patriots were the loveable losers before Brady got there. I know, because I have followed them since the early 80's. Brady didnt jump on some superbowl winning train either time, he went to teams that could not win much, so that quote is silly.

I wrote it as a conglomeration of 20 years of similar quotes...the thing people have always brought up as their “argument” is that Brady would crumble without the perfect conditions and advantages of New England.

I wrote it as a conglomeration of 20 years of similar quotes...the thing people have always brought up as their “argument” is that Brady would crumble without the perfect conditions and advantages of New England.
Oh gotcha. lol

Ok, I mean the bears won a superbowl. lol. Tampa had zero playoff wins for the last 19 years when Brady got there.

Not sure what you're trying to say here.

Tampa was a perfect destination for TB. A team with talent that needed championship leadership. It was a win win. And along the way, once again, Brady made a lot of the mediots look like dumb asses.

Calling Tampa Bay "the losingest Franchise in sports history" is a misnomer imo. TB didn't go down there and turn a bunch of JAGs into great players rather he went down there and led a group of good to great players to a championship.

But it's not. It's what Tampa was prior to Brady getting there.
They're still the losingest team in the NYFL by a lot. Even Brady couldn't change that.

They're still the losingest team in the NYFL by a lot. Even Brady couldn't change that.
I was just re-iterating that they were, in the context of Brady's impact. I know what Tony's trying to say, and I get his point, but his argument is a "should" argument, not an "is" argument. He's basically saying that we shouldn't be holding all of TB history hostage to its beginning. It's a workable position to take for some arguments, and we see it with great frequency (Best/Worst in last X years!), but it doesn't hold in this particular instance, since we're talking franchise histories.

But it's not. It's what Tampa was prior to Brady getting there.

Are we talking just about the franchise record? If so aren't they still the or one of the losingest franchises?

I'm not taking anything away from what Tom Brady did because it was phenomenal. Unprecedented. No one else could have done that. Not Rodgers, not Fivehead....no one. Brady's leadership and poise is other worldly and that's why Tampa got the championship.

I feel like saying that Tampa Bay was the losingest franchise takes away from the talent and collective effort that Brady led.

I was just re-iterating that they were, in the context of Brady's impact. I know what Tony's trying to say, and I get his point, but his argument is a "should" argument, not an "is" argument. He's basically saying that we shouldn't be holding all of TB history hostage to its beginning. It's a workable position to take for some arguments, and we see it with great frequency (Best/Worst in last X years!), but it doesn't hold in this particular instance, since we're talking franchise histories.

Thanks. I agree with all of that.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back