PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gronk will be saying "why did I come back?" when they start going low on him again.

Can we rightly call Brady the GOAT, after he mailed it in last year but gave 120% this year because of the new jersey on his back? That ain't a mark of greatness IMO.

Yup. Wouldn't surprise me if Gronk is on IR in a month.

Brady is GOAT even with his sub par year and sub par attitude in 2019. Should have a good season this year if he stays healthy. I'm a fan of his on the field, much less so off it.

Didn’t Palmer break his throwing hand or thumb in week 16 that season? I remember him looking average against Green Bay, then imploding against Carolina
good point

How in the world were the Bills favored in week 2 of 2015??? The Pats were defending SB champs and were 1-0. The Bills had beaten Brady twice in games that mattered. That makes no sense.

According to at least this website, the Pats were 2 point favorites.

According to at least this website, the Pats were 2 point favorites.

I think part of it was the Bills were coming off a dominating win against the AFC Finalist (tm) Colts at the time.

For what it's worth, NFL.com's power rankings heading into the season:

NFL Power Rankings, Week 1: Chiefs, 49ers on top at kickoff

Bucs rank: 13
Loved the imagery from our buddy Kyle Brandt, who likened the Bucs' relentless acquisition of name-brand talent to the roster construction by Vince McMahon from a bygone era. We know a lot of these guys -- Leonard Fournette and Josh Rosen being the latest arrivals -- but how confident should we be in this veteran stew actually turning into something delicious for the Bucs and their fans? All we can say with certainty is that Tampa Bay gets our vote for 2020 training camp champion. Big names on the marquee, no serious injuries and pretty much nothing but glowing reports for a month. Bruce Arians and Jason Licht nailed March through August -- now we get to see how things go when it truly matters.

Last edited:
How in the world were the Bills favored in week 2 of 2015??? The Pats were defending SB champs and were 1-0. The Bills had beaten Brady twice in games that mattered. That makes no sense.
I have been trying to figure that out myself. I found some places that listed the Pats as 1 or 2 point favorites, but according to Vegas Insider the line moved to Buffalo being favored by 1 or 1.5 in most venues just before game time. Perhaps a reaction to a lot of late money coming in on one side? There were no significant injuries that I found, just C Wendell Ryan and DL Dominique Easley for the Pats.

Buffalo did beat Indy 27-14 the previous week, but the Pats had also defeated Pittsburgh in week one, 28-21. Maybe it was the aura of Rex Ryan making the Bills a trendy pick, or the fact Buffalo had defeated the Patriots 17-9 in the most recent meeting at the end of December. Perhaps it was due to the Pats being on a 1-5 streak against the spread versus AFC East teams, and 2-3-1 ATS overall in their last six games - while Buffalo was viewed as a hot team, going 5-2 straight up and 6-1 ATS in their last seven games.

There is also the possibility of people expecting a letdown by the Pats after an emotional week one, when the Pats beat the Steelers in their banner raising opener and also celebrated the overturn of Brady's deflategate suspension.

For the record the Pats led 37-13 after three quarters, then Buffalo scored three 4th quarter touchdowns to pull within five with 4:16 to play. In the 4th quarter the Pats failed to convert on a 4th-and-1 from the Buffalo 41 that led to the Bills second touchdown of the quarter, and two plays later Brady was strip sacked that immediately led to another TD. The Pats got it back in gear on the next possession, driving to the Buffalo 8 while winding the clock down to 1:18 before settling for a FG, and a 40-32 lead. Logan Ryan picked off a Tyrod Taylor pass intended for Sammie Watkins two plays later to clinch the win.

this will be my only post as i don't see the point in creating a thread dedicated to one team. I get it, it's TFB, but if you want to discuss him or the Bucs, just go to their forum. I'm the same way with baseball or hockey being discussed in the main football forum...there is a place for it already. But that is just me and maybe I'm getting a little old and cranky when it comes to these things. For those that like the thread, enjoy.

I have been trying to figure that out myself. I found some places that listed the Pats as 1 or 2 point favorites, but according to Vegas Insider the line moved to Buffalo being favored by 1 or 1.5 in most venues just before game time. Perhaps a reaction to a lot of late money coming in on one side? There were no significant injuries that I found, just C Wendell Ryan and DL Dominique Easley for the Pats.

Buffalo did beat Indy 27-14 the previous week, but the Pats had also defeated Pittsburgh in week one, 28-21. Maybe it was the aura of Rex Ryan making the Bills a trendy pick, or the fact Buffalo had defeated the Patriots 17-9 in the most recent meeting at the end of December. Perhaps it was due to the Pats being on a 1-5 streak against the spread versus AFC East teams, and 2-3-1 ATS overall in their last six games - while Buffalo was viewed as a hot team, going 5-2 straight up and 6-1 ATS in their last seven games.

There is also the possibility of people expecting a letdown by the Pats after an emotional week one, when the Pats beat the Steelers in their banner raising opener and also celebrated the overturn of Brady's deflategate suspension.

For the record the Pats led 37-13 after three quarters, then Buffalo scored three 4th quarter touchdowns to pull within five with 4:16 to play. In the 4th quarter the Pats failed to convert on a 4th-and-1 from the Buffalo 41 that led to the Bills second touchdown of the quarter, and two plays later Brady was strip sacked that immediately led to another TD. The Pats got it back in gear on the next possession, driving to the Buffalo 8 while winding the clock down to 1:18 before settling for a FG, and a 40-32 lead. Logan Ryan picked off a Tyrod Taylor pass intended for Sammie Watkins two plays later to clinch the win.

Maybe the Bills were favorites before the season started since there was a question about Brady’s availability at the time?

Biggest concern for the Bucs would be their offensive line, which is average at best. Tom no longer has Scarnecchia protecting him...

Biggest concern for the Bucs would be their offensive line, which is average at best. Tom no longer has Scarnecchia protecting him...
The interior should be pretty good. I think the main problem is the LT Smith, and with the rookie RT, you never know what you’re going to get. Scouts raved about him so we’ll see how that translates.

this will be my only post as i don't see the point in creating a thread dedicated to one team. I get it, it's TFB, but if you want to discuss him or the Bucs, just go to their forum. I'm the same way with baseball or hockey being discussed in the main football forum...there is a place for it already. But that is just me and maybe I'm getting a little old and cranky when it comes to these things. For those that like the thread, enjoy.

go-away.gif

why the hell would I want to sign up to some other team's board just to talk about a former Pats player? I could care less what Tampa Bay fans think...about anything. I'm interested in the opinions of PATRIOTS FANS on the subject, hence THIS THREAD> Why does this even need to be explained?

The interior should be pretty good. I think the main problem is the LT Smith, and with the rookie RT, you never know what you’re going to get. Scouts raved about him so we’ll see how that translates.

They made a huge mistake in not trading for Trent Williams...

My expectation is that the issue's going to be the right side. OT was the biggest concern, but the rookie's apparently been impressing. OG is likely the weakest position over the course of the season, as long as they can keep Smith (LT) actually dialed in and aggressive throughout the year.

why the hell would I want to sign up to some other team's board just to talk about a former Pats player? I could care less what Tampa Bay fans think...about anything. I'm interested in the opinions of PATRIOTS FANS on the subject, hence THIS THREAD> Why does this even need to be explained?
The people saying these things actually believe they're the rational ones in all of this. They fail to realize, or realize but refuse to acknowledge and accept, that this is mostly a Brady (and Gronk) thread, not a Bucaneers thread outright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST