PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol i like the pats chance better. In Bill we trust!

Absolutely. Mods are M.I.A.

The fact that this thread is the most active thread in the main PATRIOTS forum less than a week before the start of the season is sad - eye opening, really. It's obvious that many posters here have been bursting at the seams to put their Patriots pink hats is a drawer, so that they discuss Brady and the Buccaneers chances this year and the OP gave them their opportunity. I can almost feel them hyperventilating with excitement. It's no wonder that the Gillette crowd is one of the quietest in the league - it has been half-filled with swooning, Brady-centric fans.

I'm sure that I will check the Tampa Bay box score once per week and watch some highlights on ESPN or NFL Network but that will be the extent of it.
Well then that just shows you that people are interested in discussing it and it has relevance. Sorry the 6 time Super Bowl QB that changed the fate of the franchise playing somewhere else after 20 years was going to be talk worthy here. All the Colts forums and boards discussed the Broncos as well despite Peyton accomplishing less and being their less.

Now it’s all consolidated in one thread. It’s easy for people who don’t like it to ignore. Way too many entitled people with no self control that would rather ruin the discussion for everyone else than just not post about something.

Yeah I don't know why people think this was some sort of "wow" thing. I remember at the time the media was hyping up who Bill would choose but almost everyone assumed he would stay with Brady.

Exactly.... people are acting like the narrative was “omg I can’t believe they won’t start Bledsoe for this guy, this is crazy”. No the common thought was Bledsoe had a 5-11 season and lost the first two games that year and Brady was the spark we needed and got us where we were. There would have been more controversy if they pulled Brady and then didn’t make the playoffs or got bounced round 1. In fact I would argue more people would have forgiven losing with Brady then losing with Bledsoe. They largely could have put Belichick in a horrible position

Gronk will be saying "why did I come back?" when they start going low on him again.

Can we rightly call Brady the GOAT, after he mailed it in last year but gave 120% this year because of the new jersey on his back? That ain't a mark of greatness IMO.

Trollen trollen trollen
Keep those posts rolling
Get them Patfans going

Raw Hide

Brady looks at new challenge believing Bucs have an edge
''So I've really liked the way that we've performed the last six weeks as a team, and now we get a chance to come together as an entire team - offense, defense and special teams - and see what we can make of this season.''

How Tom Brady has been received by fans in Florida
It’s why, Barber said, he has never felt overwhelmed by his fame there. Recent Florida transplant Tom Brady, the most recognizable football player in the world, nodded along.

“You know,” Barber said he told him, “this town’s ready to love you, man.”

EDIT: Please stop responding to the detractors. Their agenda has become clear. They're purposely posting inflammatory things to incite back-and-forth in hopes that it will become bad enough to get the thread closed or moved. Just leave it alone and only seek out the relevant news and discussion! The mods have already indicated they don't have a major issue with the thread, and many posters have actually expressed appreciation for it. Rise above the stupidity, please.
How could anybody complain about this thread and the most intriguing team in football?

Yeah, I'd like to delete what you wrote but I can't.

Keep one thing in mind...when players play for a HC like Loose Arians, they don't give themselves up when the going gets tough and the injuries mount and that's the reason Gronky retired in the first place.

I never saw Larry Bird sulk or play less than 100% because he couldn't win a championship...but Diva Brady is a big fat yes on both counts.
Yikes. Doubling down on the stupidity.

What exactly makes Arians a "loose" coach? I honestly have no idea what any of that meant? Because he is a loose coach (according to you) players play hurt then get more hurt? I have no idea how you connected those dots. Gronk didn't have any specific injury when he retired and basically took a year off to go be a role player with the only QB he knows in a place he used to own a home. He doesn't owe Bill or the Patriots anything in fact he did us a favor by coming back because we got a 4th round pick for a guy who wasn't going to play here anymore.

As for Brady you're once again making asinine assumptions. When did Brady play less than 100%? He played as well as he could have being surrounded by a very bad offensive group and going 12-4 in the process.

So yes keep making your little comparisons and keep pulling things out of thin air and calling them fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST