PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except it's embarrassing that this is the most popular thread on the main board...but that's just me.
So why keep posting? Do you not get your posts are contributing that popularity, as crazy as it sounds? If you and sb1 and the like stopped, the thread would fall because there is no relevant Bucs news happening right now. And it's still better to have one thread than several, which has been explained by the mods. Lastly, if there was some spectacular Patriots new happening right now, I'm sure that would be a popular thread. But there just isn't any. This isn't rocket science. You all just want to complain for complaining sake.

Except it's embarrassing that this is the most popular thread on the main board...but that's just me.

Really? Farting when first meeting your in-laws is somewhat embarrassing.

A thread about the greatest player ever who helped give us 20 years of fandom never experienced before should be expected. Embarrassing? This board is so big that the first page has a thread that hasn't had a reply since Friday. I think it's big enough for a thread about Tom f'ing Brady.

I may start a Bucs/Saints game day thread just to watch heads explode! :poop::p

Please see original post for update!

Like my hashtag said. :haha:

Gotta admit- that was pretty sketchy of him to get rid of his cell phone in those circumstances. Who knows what the real reason was. I think every single one of us would have the same unanimous reaction if say Peyton Manning did that.
OK...let's move this along, please. Living through that nonsense once was one thing, having to rehash it again (especially with this viewpoint) is unnecessary. ;)

Buccaneers will be 8-8 and miss playoffs, and Tom will be watching at home while the Patriots battle it out in the playoffs. Can’t wait.

I have the Saints as the division favorites. With the oddities of this offseason, I'm guessing the Bucs will start a bit slowly, and that the slow start will cost them, and they've got unfavorable travel on top of that. But the Saints do have a potentially difficult end to their season (4 of 6 on the road, with 3 of those 4 games at least potentially having impactful weather, and the 2 home games being against the Chiefs and Vikings), so I'm not guaranteeing anyone as that division's winner.

Anyone who has a problem with the thread needs to relax. One-OT thread isn't bad. If this board is around 50 years from now Brady will be a topic.

Also some "OT" is good & needed. I'm a football fan first. We shouldn't be deferred to the basement if we want to talk another aspect of the game that doesn't scream NEP. Nothing wrong with appreciation & stealing from other teams for example.

Anyone who has a problem with the thread needs to relax. One-OT thread isn't bad. If this board is around 50 years from now Brady will be a topic.

Also some "OT" is good & needed. I'm a football fan first. We shouldn't be deferred to the basement if we want to talk another aspect of the game that doesn't scream NEP. Nothing wrong with appreciation & stealing from other teams for example.
Exactly. Can't sweep 20-years of history under the rug. Those who want to follow it can follow it. Those who don't will be able to hide it as soon as I'm done with creating the thread ignore function :cool:

Last edited:
I was about to say, do we have that many Brady/Gronk fan boys on this forum that suddenly the Bucs are more popular than the Pats? The mods should move this out of the main forum...
Says the guy that goes by TommyBrady12. Is there no end to your hypocrisy? How long you going to carry the name of the Bucs QB? Lmao

I have the Saints as the division favorites. With the oddities of this offseason, I'm guessing the Bucs will start a bit slowly, and that the slow start will cost them, and they've got unfavorable travel on top of that. But the Saints do have a potentially difficult end to their season (4 of 6 on the road, with 3 of those 4 games at least potentially having impactful weather, and the 2 home games being against the Chiefs and Vikings), so I'm not guaranteeing anyone as that division's winner.
So I take it you have the Saints winning this weekend? I've been going back and forth with this one in my mind.

So I take it you have the Saints winning this weekend? I've been going back and forth with this one in my mind.

Yeah

While I think a Tampa Ba win would be a wild opening to the NFCS season, I'm giving the edge to Brees over the young DBs in Tampa, and the experience of the Saints over the need to mesh on the part of the Bucs.

I could see Tampa Bay pulling off the win but, if I were putting money down on the game and got even money, I'd take the Saints.

Yeah

While I think a Tampa Ba win would be a wild opening to the NFCS season, I'm giving the edge to Brees over the young DBs in Tampa, and the experience of the Saints over the need to mesh on the part of the Bucs.

I could see Tampa Bay pulling off the win but, if I were putting money down on the game and got even money, I'd take the Saints.
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. It'll be a close game and I do expect both teams to turn the ball over multiple times (for some reason I just do). I could see it coming down to a few crucial plays, though the same could be said about most NFL games, I guess.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. It'll be a close game and I do expect both teams to turn the ball over multiple times (for some reason I just do). I could see it coming down to a few crucial plays, though the same could be said about most NFL games, I guess.

A wild card in this is that the Saints have a home game without much of a home field advantage. That hasn't happened to them in a while, and they might, at least theoretically, react poorly to that if the Bucs can get up early.

A wild card in this is that the Saints have a home game without much of a home field advantage. That hasn't happened to them in a while, and they might, at least theoretically, react poorly to that if the Bucs can get up early.

Wow, I totally didn't even factor that. You're absolutely right! That helps a Bucs team that will still be gelling in communication and terminology!

The Bucs OL vs the Saints DL is a huge matchup. Man, I'm glad the Saints were unable to add Clowney. Though overrated, he can still be disruptive on a line that already has an abundance of talent.

EDIT: Please stop responding to the detractors. Their agenda has become clear. They're purposely posting inflammatory things to incite back-and-forth in hopes that it will become bad enough to get the thread closed or moved. Just leave it alone and only seek out the relevant news and discussion! The mods have already indicated they don't have a major issue with the thread, and many posters have actually expressed appreciation for it. Rise above the stupidity, please.

I thought I'd post this for anyone who will be following the Bucs this season (and likely next), like me. I'm posting their initial 53-man roster, but maybe this can be the one thread dedicated to their news throughout the season for those interested? Mods, you okay with that?

I'm sure there will be the obligatory "who cares" and "this is the Pats board" and blah blah, so this isn't for you obviously. *sigh* But I have to believe there are some who will be interested in what should be a big storyline all season long for both fanbases and the NFL.

So here is what their roster looks like initially... interestingly, Fournette not listed.

Tampa Bay Bucs Initial 53

I see your edit, but couldn't help but notice the top haters are in the top 10 of posters (sb1 @2, TommyBrady12 @4, Patsgofor4 @9). They hate this thread so much they can't stop posting in it. Move along guys.

I see your edit, but couldn't help but notice the top haters are in the top 10 of posters (sb1 @2, TommyBrady12 @4, Patsgofor4 @9). They hate this thread so much they can't stop posting in it. Move along guys.
Yeah, let's just leave it be and get this thing back on track. The mods are aware and I'll leave the policing to them. There are many posters who have reached out and expressed gratitude for this thread. And for that, I am thankful. Starting this thread came from a good place and one that doesn't see rooting for the Pats as an all or nothing proposition. Brady is the GOAT and he's still playing... why would I, or anyone who appreciates him and the sport, choose to ignore that just because he's wearing different colors? I just don't get that. He only has a few seasons left and I plan to enjoy them, while still rooting for NE and BB.

Wow, I totally didn't even factor that. You're absolutely right! That helps a Bucs team that will still be gelling in communication and terminology!

The Bucs OL vs the Saints DL is a huge matchup. Man, I'm glad the Saints were unable to add Clowney. Though overrated, he can still be disruptive on a line that already has an abundance of talent.

Yeah, the weirdness of the season is going to have a lot of early games where the fans are going "oh, and what about this, for just this year?". The number of players who can dress, for example, could actually end up having a big impact on a game. The way unlimited experience veterans can be called up every week could have a big impact on an entire season. And so on...

Not only that, Brady at Tampa is going to be a top NFL story all season. There's no hiding from it. The snowflakes that don't want to hear it are just going to have to deal with it.

make-this-thread-go-away.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe