PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as i loved Brady since day 1 and Gronk too i will follows part time them too neutrally
I am a Patriot fan since 40 years and i will follows my team hoping for a good season
So my only priority is our team the New England Patriots

Just took a look at, he has Miami in the playoffs lol? I think Dolphins will start 1-4

@Patriots
Vs Bills
@ Jags
Vs Seahawks
@ 49ers

I doubt it’ll be their year.
So are the Pats ge "1" in 1-4?

We all know how you feel about Brady. Do you really need to come into a thread about Brady and the Bucs and sh*t all over it?

it’s just an opinion. The Brady rump polishers taking it as a personal insult isn’t my problem.

So are the Pats ge "1" in 1-4?
For sure! No but really Jags. And dolphins still have broncos, pats, bills, rams and chiefs left after those first five. Dolphins have to get off to a good start.

I think this thread should be moved to the NFL sub, not be in the Patriots forum. I've seen other Brady or Gronk threads moved there.

Absolutely. Mods are M.I.A.

The fact that this thread is the most active thread in the main PATRIOTS forum less than a week before the start of the season is sad - eye opening, really. It's obvious that many posters here have been bursting at the seams to put their Patriots pink hats is a drawer, so that they discuss Brady and the Buccaneers chances this year and the OP gave them their opportunity. I can almost feel them hyperventilating with excitement. It's no wonder that the Gillette crowd is one of the quietest in the league - it has been half-filled with swooning, Brady-centric fans.

I'm sure that I will check the Tampa Bay box score once per week and watch some highlights on ESPN or NFL Network but that will be the extent of it.

The fact that this thread is the most active thread in the main PATRIOTS forum less than a week before the start of the season is sad - eye opening, really. It's obvious that many posters here have been bursting at the seams to put their Patriots pink hats is a drawer, so that they discuss Brady and the Buccaneers chances this year and the OP gave them their opportunity. I can almost feel them hyperventilating with excitement. It's no wonder that the Gillette crowd is one of the quietest in the league - it has been half-filled with swooning, Brady-centric fans.

I'm sure that I will check the Tampa Bay box score once per week and watch some highlights on ESPN or NFL Network but that will be the extent of it.
Perfect... just in time to play my violin. Funny how you keep ending up in a thread you despise and, what's worse, contributing to keeping it the most active. You're a walking contradiction.

The irony of someone pointing out the high activity of this thread and how eye-opening it is is the fact that if you subtract the detractors and let it serve its purpose, which is to gather Bucs news in one central place for those who are interested, it wouldn't be that bad. The complainers are actually the main reason for the activity! :rofl:

tumblr_mwzsjcEdA51sq79iao1_400.gif

Brady was with us for 20 years, won 6 SBs, and is the GOAT. You really think a lot of us are just gonna turn off how we feel about him? That’s pretty unrealistic. I can walk and chew gum at the same time. I can also cheer for the Pats and Brady at the same time.
Your reply has nothing to do with anything I said. Did you mean to quote someone else? Either way, I appreciate the discussion.

I was about to say, do we have that many Brady/Gronk fan boys on this forum that suddenly the Bucs are more popular than the Pats? The mods should move this out of the main forum...

Yup, I also expected the pink hats to out themselves when the time came - and there they are right on cue.

I think this thread should be moved to the NFL sub, not be in the Patriots forum. I've seen other Brady or Gronk threads moved there.

Logically, yes, it should.

Unfortunately over the years the adage of 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink the water' applies to the members of this forum. A handful will venture there, but most never bother. Moving a thread there simply causes another thread on the same topic to appear in the main forum. Moving threads becomes an exercise in futility. Placing the letters 'OT' at the beginning of the thread becomes translated to 'I know this doesn't belong here, but I'm going to place this thread here anyways.

The consensus was to keep all the Bucs info in one mega thread, and avoid cluttering the forum with multiple Bucs/Brady/Gronk threads - and watch to see if it should be kept here, moved, or locked.

I think some of it (this thread being so active) also has to do with no practices open to the public and no preseason games. That has resulted in not a whole lot to talk about. Hopefully that will change once we are all able to see the Patriots in action.

I was about to say, do we have that many Brady/Gronk fan boys on this forum that suddenly the Bucs are more popular than the Pats? The mods should move this out of the main forum...
Note my first comment above. Technically you are correct, but past experience tells me to leave it here for the time being.

Yup, I also expected the pink hats to out themselves when the time came - and there they are right on cue.
We are also witnessing this devolve into yet another 'Brady or Belichick' debate.

All in with keeping Brady-Bucs talk which is INEVITABLE in ONE thread.
And yes, the reason this thread is so hot is those with their panties in a twist objecting to it's existence. So many people these days obsessed with controlling what other people are allowed to do.
I don't post REPEATEDLY in threads where I have no interest or find otherwise not to my taste. Guess that's just me.

My love for football is such that I watch every game available no matter what. Bengals/Jags? Yup, I'm watching. As a Patriot die-hard since the mid-70's, I have never really rooted another team in a vacuum. In neutral games, I rooted for the outcome that most helped the Patriots. If it didn't apply, I simply root for whomever i dislike less. It's different this year. This is the first year I will ever follow another team too. And I am pumped that the Patriots and Bucs have very few games at the same time!

I will not join a Bucs board, I will not buy any Buc merchandise. After what Brady has given us as fans for the last 20 years, I do not understand how anyone can have such a hair across their arse about him. If by some miracle they play in the SB, sorry Brady, rooting against you. Short of that, I am rooting for the Bucs this year too. Never had a pink hat, so eat my taint with that hardo accusation.

The only close comparison I can think of won't resonate with most here. When Bobby Orr went to the Blackhawks at the end of his career, most Bruins fans I knew wanted him to do well and were going to continue following him. His knee was so f'd that he hardly played again. But if the Bruins weren't going to the Cup in 78, let it be Chicago.

Excited to plan my Sundays around 2 teams each weekend.

And yes, the reason this thread is so hot is those with their panties in a twist objecting to it's existence. So many people these days obsessed with controlling what other people are allowed to do.
I don't post REPEATEDLY in threads where I have no interest or find otherwise not to my taste. Guess that's just me.

Except it's embarrassing that this is the most popular thread on the main board...but that's just me.

Exactly! The very people who hate the activity are primarily the ones keeping it active. My goal was to post relevant news about Brady and Gronk and I already posted all I could find. I was content not to post much else until something was deemed relevant. But the select few who hate the thread keep coming in and posting. Huh? Just ignore it and go post in one of the Patriots specific threads. But the reason those are dry is because football news is mostly dry. This whole situation is laughable. We're really discussing the GOAT and people being upset that there are others who wish to continue to follow his career. Why should loving the Pats mean I can't follow Brady news? It's going to get talked about anyway on the board, radio and national media. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News