PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: my brother is in the ICU (update 9/17, Setting Sail for Parts Unknown)

Mixed news from hospital today. His kidney function seems stronger, but he seems to have caught, and I quote, "some kind of virus" and is on a ventilator at this time. He's also become completely unresponsive.

Sure. "some kind of virus." Right. I'm surely not the only person here to immediately think "WHICH virus, exactly?" especially because my brother's only had 1 CoVID shot.

I swear to the Most High, if some unvaccinated ****ing nurse kills my brother with her negligence I will not rest until she faces charges for involuntary manslaughter.

Mixed news from hospital today. His kidney function seems stronger, but he seems to have caught, and I quote, "some kind of virus" and is on a ventilator at this time. He's also become completely unresponsive.

Sure. "some kind of virus." Right. I'm surely not the only person here to immediately think "WHICH virus, exactly?" especially because my brother's only had 1 CoVID shot.

I swear to the Most High, if some unvaccinated ****ing nurse kills my brother with her negligence I will not rest until she faces charges for involuntary manslaughter.
I'm praying for you and your family. Also, it is hard to place blame on anyone in particular in a hospital. The virus is somewhat airborne and survives on surfaces for long periods of time. People with covid or any other kind of illness is all that hospitals have and should be avoided by healthy people if possible. My friend went to the hospital healthy to give birth and got covid during her short stay there.

He's showing glimmers of consiousness again. My little brother told him he's heading down to get something to eat from the hospital canteen, and he looked over and raised his hand to say bye. It's not much, but it's nice to know he's still in there.

Condition seems to be stabilizing. They're still not sure they've got the root cause yet but the doctors are doing everything they can. It's in their hands and God's now.

He's showing glimmers of consiousness again. My little brother told him he's heading down to get something to eat from the hospital canteen, and he looked over and raised his hand to say bye. It's not much, but it's nice to know he's still in there.

Condition seems to be stabilizing. They're still not sure they've got the root cause yet but the doctors are doing everything they can. It's in their hands and God's now.
I’ve put my children and other loved ones in medical professionals’ hands before. I hope your brother is treated with the same competence and compassion. While not always perfect, many many health professionals are amazing people. I love them.

Stay well, friend.

They put him through dialysis twice in 2 days last week and this morning he opened his eyes and started talking again! He's not fully alert yet but he's able to have a short conversation and that's a huge improvement over where he was a few days ago.

Looks like the corner has turned? I hope so!

All of my best wishes to your brother, you, and your family. Don’t forget to take care of yourself.

Last edited:
More support from the InVa family to yours...All our best wishes & prayers

Sorry, just saw this for the first time, praying for the best for him and the family

He's been moved out of the ICU and into a more normal room. That's super encouraging. He was able to sit up and eat a little Jell-o

He may need regular dialysis but he seems to be on the mend
You sleeping regularly?

No more irregularly than normal.
Well okay. Sometimes when there is a lot of watch-standing at the hospital you don't look out for things like that. Take care of you too!

Well okay. Sometimes when there is a lot of watch-standing at the hospital you don't look out for things like that. Take care of you too!
My job in these family crises is usually to serve as the communications hub. People tell me stuff and I relay it to the various friends and cousins who need to know. I do tend to live on the computer at times like this, but I do that most of the time anyway.

:thumbsup: for the positive update.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back