PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jimmy G Carted Off Late In Chiefs Game. Serious Knee Injury Feared...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rekt playing hero ball.

Really sad to see, hope he comes back strong.

Seems like a rather crass reaction to suggest that this could've been seen coming, as if Garoppolo's durability was a legitimate concern, because I didn't hear this narrative until today. This was his second injury in his career, no? The first of which was relatively minor, the second of which was freak, non-contact situation.

Garappolo's team was trailing late in the game and he was attempting to gain several extra yards. The injury didn't occur as a result of a hit he took (or exposed himself to), but rather because of an entirely unfortunate and unlucky misstep. This could have happened to anyone.

Maybe not a surprising development given that football inherently violent, but certainly not an expected one (in my opinion). Again, this could have happened to anyone playing any sport.

I somewhat disagree. I remember some talk about his style of play might expose him to injury. The hit he took when he went out with the shoulder arguably would have been avoided by Brady. Today he could have stepped out safely but he chose to get that extra yard that wouldn't have amounted to anything.

Can we start an injury thread for every NFL player that has been injured, cause some guy on the Cowboys May have just broken his arm and I would like to start a thread about it.

This is one of those moments when it's hard to take anything a poster says based off their user name. Here's hoping it's a efficient rehab for Jimmy...

I dont know who to feel bad for more:

1. Jimmy G - who I like and is a good QB and person
2. The Garropolites/Trolls who were praying that Jimmy G would lite it up and they could use it to fuel their hatred towards BB or whatever else was plaguing their loser lives.

I think I feel much worse for Jimmy G. FUK the trolls.

Seems like a rather crass reaction to suggest that this could've been seen coming, as if Garoppolo's durability was a legitimate concern, because I didn't hear this narrative until today. This was his second injury in his career, no? The first of which was relatively minor, the second of which was freak, non-contact situation.

Garappolo's team was trailing late in the game and he was attempting to gain several extra yards. The injury didn't occur as a result of a hit he took (or exposed himself to), but rather because of an entirely unfortunate and unlucky misstep. This could have happened to anyone.

Maybe not a surprising development given that football inherently violent, but certainly not an expected one (in my opinion). Again, this could have happened to anyone playing any sport.

This injury may not support any concern about his durability. But there were definitely people questioning whether Garoppolo knew how to protect himself as a QB and whether he played too recklessly which would lead to injuries.

One of the most underrated things about Brady is his ability to avoid injuries. Brady would have know to either slide or step out of bounds on that play rather than take the hit.

I really don’t want to make this a told you so moment. I had concerns about Garoppolo, but that wasn’t high on my list. Just pointing out that people did raise this concern.

It sucks. Never like when a player gets injured.

I know Brady always takes care of himself and has been doing this for almost 20 years but I hope he's been paying attention to the NFL the last few weeks with Rodgers and Jimmy G and just be careful and keep in mind ya know.

I somewhat disagree. I remember some talk about his style of play might expose him to injury. The hit he took when he went out with the shoulder arguably would have been avoided by Brady. Today he could have stepped out safely but he chose to get that extra yard that wouldn't have amounted to anything.

Sure, re: his first injury but today was a non-contact injury. It could've happened during practice, during a dropback, while moving in the pocket.

He just took a misstep and his knee gave out. Freak accident and completely unpredictable.

Those are facts.
That your post was pure nonsense? Totally agree.

Garoppolo had ONE injury in his career that took him out of a couple games. Have you seen the punishment he's absorbed so far this season in the pocket? He's not a fragile injury risk by any stretch of imagination. Today's knee injury was the sort you see happening to RBs and WRs all the time. His run on which it occurred came with his team trailing by two scores and time running short with the game on the line.

This injury may not support any concern about his durability. But there were definitely people questioning whether Garoppolo knew how to protect himself as a QB and whether he played too recklessly which would lead to injuries.

One of the most underrated things about Brady is his ability to avoid injuries. Brady would have know to either slide or step out of bounds on that play rather than take the hit.

I really don’t want to make this a told you so moment. I had concerns about Garoppolo, but that wasn’t high on my list. Just pointing out that people did raise this concern.

It sucks. Never like when a player gets injured.

Gotcha, I understand. I honestly never recall those discussions happening or those concerns being expressed but I have no doubt you're right. I wasn't frequenting the forum much back then.

Garoppolo had ONE injury in his career that took him out of a couple games. Have you seen the punishment he's absorbed so far this season in the pocket? He's not a fragile injury risk by any stretch of imagination. Today's knee injury was the sort you see happening to RBs and WRs all the time. His run on which it occurred came with his team trailing by two scores and time running short with the game on the line.
How has Jimmy played so far on SF? Overhyped or good?

It is his own choice to take this punishment because he tends to hang on to the ball way too long. This is exactly what some people here have been talking about for two years.

Also dont give me any of this he only had one injury in his career ********. He had to only get through 4 games not taking risks because behind him was only a rookie. And he lasted not even 6 quarters because he just needed to hold on to a ball in the redzone while being up multiple scores against Miami.

Today he could have avoided any risks by going out of bounds but thought its a good idea to fight for a first down he would never get down multiple scores.

His risk assessment in terms of health is garbage. He is the franchise QB and has to keep the big picture in his mind in those situations which he clearly can't.

• Agree
Reactions: SNL
Feel terrible for Jimmy G. You can say it was a reckless play, which it was, but ironically it appears the injury was sustained before contact. In other words, it happened while planting and cutting, which could really happen on any play.

Gotcha, I understand. I honestly never recall those discussions happening or those concerns being expressed but I have no doubt you're right. I wasn't frequenting the forum much back then.

The timing of people voicing the concerns was just after the game with Miami and it was drowned out by everyone gushing over his performance prior to the injury. So it isn’t surprising you and others would have missed it.

Feel terrible for Jimmy G. You can say it was a reckless play, which it was, but ironically it appears the injury was sustained before contact. In other words, it happened while planting and cutting, which could really happen on any play.

I agree with that, but the injury probably should never had happened because instead of making that cut, he should have kept on going out of bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick