PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-ish: The gambling thread

The Miami Marlins were a 10-and-a-half run underdog yesterday and I teased them up to 19-and-a-half and I still lost....

:p:p
Baseball is usually my bread and butter every year and I can’t say that I’ve ever seen a baseball run line of 10.5, let alone the ability to tease it by adding 9 more runs. I can’t imagine the rate of success that one would see by having the ability to add 9 runs.

ull and ark state win on field as double digit dogs.

nd duke goes under.

utsa wins on field as 6.5 pointdog.

Im playing coastal Carolina Moneyline at 10

louisville covered, gerogia tech won on the field as a double digit dog. Coastal Carolina won on the field and they were getting 6.

All 5 dogs I liked won on the field. Fade the hell out of me next Saturday

Colts at 8 was too rich for my blood.

Colts at 8 was too rich for my blood.
That line speaks volumes to how bad Jacksonville is perceived to be.

At best, they could finish with five or six wins, but this is a rebuild​

Chark explodes, but Jacksonville flounders. D.J. Chark will challenge Jimmy Smith's receiving record. Yannick Ngakoue won't play a single snap for the Jaguars. The Jaguars will win only two games.​

The Jaguars are betting favorites to pick #1 in the 2021 draft, and by all accounts, they should be.​
Remember how the Dolphins traded half their roster last year in a move to bottom out, reset the roster, and improve their draft odds? This year the Fish Tank moved five hours up the coast.​
The Jaguars traded Jalen Ramsey last fall, jettisoned Calais Campbell and A.J. Bouye in the offseason, and saw off Yannick Ngakoue and Leonard Fournette last week. Just two years ago, Jacksonville held a fourth-quarter lead in the AFC Championship Game. The only starters remaining from that squad are Myles Jack and a few linemen. Heck, even while writing this section, the Jaguars just traded away another starter.​
What was once a loaded defense is nothing but question marks...​

The Jaguars front office has removed at least six of the Pro Bowl-caliber players it had on its roster back when they made it to the AFC Championship a few seasons ago.​
This includes defensive end Yannick Ngakoue, who was traded to the Minnesota Vikings for a second-round pick and a fifth-round pick, which completely limits the effectiveness of Jacksonville’s already questionable pass rush.​
Head coach Doug Marrone will have to find a way to win in 2020 with a collection of young athletes who may or may not have what it takes to compete at the NFL level, and that puts even more pressure on second-year QB Gardner Minshew, who is still looking to prove himself at this level.​

Some late line movements:

Raiders (-3) to (-1.5) at Panthers
Seahawks at Falcons has been all over the place, now a PK or (-1) either way depending on where you shop.
Steelers at Giants has been (-6) or (-5.5), but at least one venue has dropped the Steelers to (-3.5)
Vikings at Packers has dropped from Minn (-3) to (-2) or (-1.5) or even (-1)

F5B3B9D5-1662-4977-BCDB-2700EE8AE90D.jpeg73B4A510-99D2-405B-9513-B199F3AB3298.png

big comeback by the bears salvages the 1 pm game. Placed that falcons teaser too early. Seattle went to +. If I waited I would’ve had them instead

I am all in with Buffalo -6½ --- minus six still in some places --- versus the Jets. The Bills have become a very good team with an excellent defense. Meanwhile in New Jersey there is virtually zero top tier talent and a head coach who is in over his head.

I can't help but feel this is going to be a blowout. Even at minus seven I would still take the Bills.

I like Pittsburgh minus 6½ at the Giants too; I don't see what NYG has to offer this year. Indy at Jax minus-7 is awesome, though many sites have driven that up to eight (or more) at this point. All Philip Rivers has to do is hand the ball off to Mack and Taylor, and Indy will win by double digits.

Detroit minus 2½ is another that I am in on. Lions have progressed and have Stafford back, while the Bears have regressed.

Last one I am thinking about is Philly minus 4 (still -3½ some venues) against Washington. The team formerly known as the Skins has nothing as far as I can see.

Note to everybody in this thread:

Just do the opposite of the majority of my suggestions.

Tits -3 -120 300/250

Can't believe Henry gained 116 yards in that game tonight...he must have had 30 plus carries easy. So, this was a push BGC?

Can't believe Henry gained 116 yards in that game tonight...he must have had 30 plus carries easy. So, this was a push BGC?
I wish. Nope that's an L for me bc I had them winning by 3.

Gost cost them 10 points lol. 3 FG & an extra point lol.

I had Det -2.5 yesterday. Stafford throws an INT with like 2-3 minutes left. Their RB drops an easy TD ... In case anyone missed it lol. Oh yea Trubisky throws 3 TD passes in the 4th lol. Matty P is feeling the heat needless to say.

2-2 on weekend and a L $25 parlay. Lost some drinking money but I don't drink so I can afford it. I'll get em next week. Or I'll get F'd again lol.

Odds as of Tuesday, give or take a little depending on where you shop.

Bengals at Browns (-5½), 43½
Rams (-1) at Eagles, 46
Panthers at Bucs (-9), 48½
Broncos at Steelers (-6½), 41
Falcons at Cowboys (-5), 52½
49ers (-7) at Jets, 42½
Bills (-5½) at Dolphins, 41½
Vikings at Colts (-3), 48
Lions at Packers (-6), 47½
Giants at Bears (-5½), 43
Jaguars at Titans (-10), 43
Washington at Arizona (-6½), 46½
Ravens (-6½) at Texans, 52½
Chiefs (-8½) at Chargers, 47
Patriots at Seahawks (-4), 45
Saints (-6) at Raiders, 51½

Says HF advantage 1.5

Someone talk some sense in me. The Falcons SUCK (I live in Atlanta and follow them more than most). The Cowboys only giving -4 looks to be the lock of the century (which means it's probably a sucker bet). What am I missing?

My plays tomorrow involve

12 pm

Tulane spread

BC ML or spread

WKU spread

GT spread

Marshall ML

Middle Tennessee ML

6pm-8pm

Smu spread

Louisville spread

NC state spread

Southern miss spread

Texas state spread

My plays tomorrow involve

12 pm

Tulane spread

BC ML or spread

WKU spread

GT spread

Marshall ML

Middle Tennessee ML

6pm-8pm

Smu spread

Louisville spread

NC state spread

Southern miss spread

Texas state spread
Might be useful to post the spread?Depending on where/when you got the #.

Someone talk some sense in me. The Falcons SUCK (I live in Atlanta and follow them more than most). The Cowboys only giving -4 looks to be the lock of the century (which means it's probably a sucker bet). What am I missing?
For: They could be similar teams. Big time parts on offense but held back by coaching on that side of the ball. Obviously Dallas is still fresh under MM but that's been their MO & it didn't change last week. Atlanta should be able to put up points against that defense. Falcons defense looked lost but Dallas still has a lot to prove on that side as well.

Falcons & Giants DBs looked so poor this past week haha.

Might be useful to post the spread?Depending on where/when you got the #.

The reason why I didn’t is because I may end up with different numbers in my parlays, than my if bets. For instance I have SMU -13.5 in a parlay but if I throw that into an If bet tomorrow I might have a much different number. I haven’t locked all of my if bets yet. So far I’ve locked one in my 12 o clock games. Western Kentucky -14, then BC moneyline +175, then Tulane -6.5

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back