PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-ish: The gambling thread

124 to win 77 on Dallas ML hoping to middle

I bet Dallas and O 49 as my bailout for my awful week. At least would get me back to $160

AND Of course...after the first half on pace for 10000 points...and the under hits....just my weekend

Last edited:
Jets present good value tonight in my opinion. I’m not shy against betting my own teams. I bet the eagles in SB 52. If the pats blow them out oh well I won’t be made. If the jets win, oh well, atleast I’ll win and we’re still in first place in the conference

sorry Fnord

on second thought I might just not bet. I’m not sure yet

Last edited:
Meyers to get the first TD of the game +1600

Digging deep now boys

Got the Pats -6 1st half

Jets present good value tonight in my opinion. I’m not shy against betting my own teams. I bet the eagles in SB 52. If the pats blow them out oh well I won’t be made. If the jets win, oh well, atleast I’ll win and we’re still in first place in the conference

sorry Fnord

on second thought I might just not bet. I’m not sure yet
I tend to lean towards your line of thinking in the sense that it may be a closer game, or points may be at a premium, or both. I did a nice little player prop on James White going over +5.5 receptions, but not for much.

I actually had the NYJ +13.5 (-150), but decided to cash out before the game started.

I tend to lean towards your line of thinking in the sense that it may be a closer game, or points may be at a premium, or both. I did a nice little player prop on James White going over +5.5 receptions, but not for much.

I actually had the NYJ +13.5 (-150), but decided to cash out before the game started.

I ended grabbing the jets when the line moved from 9.5 to 10 to 57.50 to win 50

you don’t get rich betting against the patriots

Jets should have been +20 tonight

Well, I’m glad that I cashed out of +13.5 and changed it to White catching 5.5 balls. Almost a big mistake, there.

I am hammering the Pats no matter the line on Sunday. Until they fail me. I will keep riding it

I got in 2 games late into the season which, IIRC, the Patriots covered. I'm jealous if you've been betting them all along because they've covered 5 out of 7 times I believe.

Nats plus 180 tonight is strong value in my opinion. Even agaisnt Cole. I’ll take scherzer +180 all day everyday and twice on Sunday

Nats plus 180 tonight is strong value in my opinion. Even agaisnt Cole. I’ll take scherzer +180 all day everyday and twice on Sunday
There are going to be some good value underdogs, no doubt about it. Of course, we still have to pick the right side. ;)

Taking Scherzer +175 sounds good in theory, until Cole comes out and whiffs 9 through the first four innings. I don’t believe the Astros have lost during a Cole start since mid-July, for what it’s worth.

In keeping with my recent pattern, I’m going to take a small shot with Scherzer and the Nats tonight, but I’m not exactly thrilled about it. The problem is that this is the only real play unless you want to lay off entirely, and that can be a slippery slope. What do you do tomorrow if HOU wins tonight? Do you come back with Strasburg against Verlander?

I think my point is that unless WAS wins at least three games, it may be hard to see a profit in this situation. As tempted as I am to take a few shots with WAS, I’m just as tempted to make a series bet giving the -230 with HOU. It’s quite the conundrum.

There are going to be some good value underdogs, no doubt about it. Of course, we still have to pick the right side. ;)

Taking Scherzer +175 sounds good in theory, until Cole comes out and whiffs 9 through the first four innings. I don’t believe the Astros have lost during a Cole start since mid-July, for what it’s worth.

In keeping with my recent pattern, I’m going to take a small shot with Scherzer and the Nats tonight, but I’m not exactly thrilled about it. The problem is that this is the only real play unless you want to lay off entirely, and that can be a slippery slope. What do you do tomorrow if HOU wins tonight? Do you come back with Strasburg against Verlander?

I think my point is that unless WAS wins at least three games, it may be hard to see a profit in this situation. As tempted as I am to take a few shots with WAS, I’m just as tempted to make a series bet giving the -230 with HOU. It’s quite the conundrum.

I don’t like betting baseball too much so I’m only doing Nats ML to win 100

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back