PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: I love Steelers fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, Guys are better at having a disagreement and debate and being able to shake hands at the end of the day.

Ask any coach who has coached girls vs boys sports. The girls will hold a grudge against you and not look at you for 3 weeks if you yell at them. Most boys shake it off that same practice.

Huh. That's a unique set of experiences you've had, then. I certainly wouldn't make such a generalization myself.

As far as I can tell, men, women, boys and girls tend to vary similarly. Some are assholes, some are friendly. Some are confrontational, others aren't. Some easily forgive, others hold a grudge.

I can probably count on more than one hand the number of times I've interacted with a woman on an online forum, assuming the whole time she was a man, only to find out otherwise down the line. Can't say I could differentiate or tell any perceivable difference between those interactions when compared to similar exchanges with men.

As a group, women are more sensitive than men. That's not sexist, just a fact.

You'd need to operationally define "sensitive". I would be curious to see that research, though, which presumably does the aforementioned.

In my totally non-scientific opinion, women may be more prone to reacting in ways that are traditionally perceived as "sensitive", but I don't think that necessarily means that at an experiential level they're dealing with any more emotional trauma than men.

Last edited:
Huh. That's a unique set of experiences you've had, then. I certainly wouldn't make such a generalization myself.

As far as I can tell, men, women, boys and girls tend to vary similarly. Some are assholes, some are friendly. Some are confrontational, others aren't. Some easily forgive, others hold a grudge.

I can probably count on more than one hand the number of times I've interacted with a woman on an online forum, assuming the whole time she was a man, only to find out otherwise down the line. Can't say I could differentiate or tell any perceivable difference between those interactions when compared to similar exchanges with men.

Scientific studies do not align with your anecdotal evidence. Probably because generalizations do not apply to specific individuals but are very accurate in describing very large groups. And because anecdotal evidence is useless.

Scientific studies do not align with your anecdotal evidence. Probably because generalizations do not apply to specific individuals but are very accurate in describing very large groups. And because anecdotal evidence is useless.

I'm perfectly aware of the fact that my experience is anecdotal in nature and is not a scientific metric.

I am curious, however, if you could provide some of these studies you're alluding to.

I don't think my scenario is unique at all. It's quite common.

At the end of the day you can only comment on your experience(s), which are unique to you, of course.

"It's quite common (in my experience)", with what's in parentheses being inherently implied, even though not explicitly stated.

And, to be clear, just because 'x' is common (which is not an objective term and could be disputed as a result) does not necessarily mean 'x' true. As you can see, I've had quite different experiences than yourself. At the end of the day our respective experiences are anecdotal.

If what dafoe says is accurate then your claim may indeed be correct, but that's because an objective, scientific process has determined so; not because you, or I, or anyone else has experienced it.

*A quick edit because I feel it's important. I did some digging in an attempt to find a study, or studies, indicating that women are more emotionally sensitive than men and as far as I can tell after a quick skim, the research is sparse at best and certainly inconclusive. The context of the research and operational definition(s) of "emotional sensitivity", "emotional response", and/or "negative emotion processing" vary, and in my opinion, fail to accurately capture anything that one could extrapolate to 'real-world' scenarios.

These were the two studies I managed to find that seem relevant. If there are other studies that provide clearer conclusions, I'm all ears. But for the sake of not further hijacking the thread, I'll shut up.

Gender Differences in Emotional Response: Inconsistency between Experience and Expressivity
Sex differences in effective fronto-limbic connectivity during negative emotion processing. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:
I love them too.

The greatest part is their smirks when the TD got called back and they got intercepted. You just know a few screamed: "WE BEAT DA CHEATRIOTS FU BRADY". Then despair hit.

Facebook-The-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Mike-Tomlin-be-15387e.png

I agree with what you say, but it's funny because on the Steeler's boards a lot of people are saying that it was the right thing to go for the win at the end of regulation because no way were the Steelers beating the Pats in OT. It's all in your perspective.

The Steeler fans I was talking to were terrified well before that last drive. They knew TFB was going to make the comeback...probably felt more confident about that than a lot of fans here on this site sadly.

Pats fans should be feeling blessed with the outcome

But some will wake up today still hating on bob kraft
Kraft would have lobbied to have that incomplete pass called a touchdown for a pat on the head from the other owners.

I just get a kick out of the boastful attitude of Patriots nation after barely winning, and after trashing their team for 3 hours in the gameday thread.
Maybe you should go back to your 'proud" fan forums, and listen to a bunch of whiny *****es, crying about how the "league is against us, it's rigged'.

Saddest bunch of crying fans I've ever encountered.

Yea, the NFL loves the Pats. LOL.

BTW, take a look at your own fan base's GDT. WHAAAAA!!

GFY

stop trying to communicate with these morons. Look, the owners of the Squealers, the Gooneys, conspired with the scumsaucking, gruesome, cadaverous Maras to take down Bob Kraft and the NEP in 2006 by sandbagging the first proposed commissioner and getting THEIR hand picked catspaw, the pathological LIAR, Roger Goondell installed to succeed Tagliabue. The rest is PROVEN GODDAMNED HISTORY!!!! Article 46??????????????????????? Are you phukkin' kidding me?
The Steeroiders tarnished the NFL forever with their drug aided titles. The Gooneys should have been forced to sell their stake and face prosecution for engaging in overt ra1cketeering vis a vis the Goondell hire. Screw them and their mind numbingly STUPID and incessantly ARROGANT cry baby fanbase.
... or that whiney, "I made the rule, but don't agree", player tripping, cheating, sad sack faced, A hole of a coach.

Please kill me , if the Pats ever get a "coach" like that.

Damn, Tomlins pressers are so pathetic. Just say it. "We were robbed"

GDT is pathetic...don't give me this passion excuse. After all Brady and this team has done, to not have a little faith down by only 1 score is beyond pitiful.

Passion is not an excuse, it's an explanation. What is pitiful is thinking that everyone has to think like you. That's the "logic" of a child. Grow up.

Kraft would have lobbied to have that incomplete pass called a touchdown for a pat on the head from the other owners.

If you really believe that the Cleveland bandwagon is looking for some new blood...

You make my point for me

I don't normally go to opposing fans' boards. The exception is anytime we beat the Steelers. I don't think there is a dumber, more unhinged, angry, nasty fanbase in the NFL. Pure unintetnional comedy gold. Completely divorced from reality. They just cannot take a loss like a man. There is always an excuse. I assumed it would be the Brown injury. I guess I'm not crazy enough to get into the mindset of a Steelers fan. Nope, the refs are part of a massive conspiracy to help the most hated team in America secure home field advantage in the playoffs. You can't make this stuff up. They are serious. Hilarious (and a little bit sad) read.

NFL needs to investigate Corrente's Crew

Did I miss it... did not one of their posters even note that starting this year, ALL reviews take place in NEW YORK. "Corrente's Crew" called this a touchdown.

Do they want him investigated because his crew blew the original call? :)

The Dolphins have recently vaulted to the top of my ****-list, with the Ravens close behind.
Oh no, any team from NY is on my FU list. No matter what sport it is.

Aren't we on to Buffalo? Buffalo needs a win to stay alive. Gronk needs a Buffalo day like the Steelers game.

Who cares what the Steeler fans think or say.

We need to beat Buffalo next. A must to get HFA.
HFA is much needed for our team. We need all the help I we can get.

Theyre a joke just like their coach.

Tomlin: when you say ‘ im not gonna cry over spilled milk ‘ , YOU ARE CRYING. Keep self promoting though, you and your qb

I just get a kick out of the boastful attitude of Patriots nation after barely winning, and after trashing their team for 3 hours in the gameday thread.

The lack of self-awareness to say this -after- three weeks of winning on last second field goals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots