PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers "hosed" by bad calls

Long time Pats fans. Calls DO matter. The timing of when a call is made, can destroy a teams momentum, and emotionally weigh them down. Human Nature. Think of Tantalus. The refs SCREWED the Pats in the Steelers game. Yesterday, the refs SCREWED Pittsburg. Horrible game changing calls. Man, did that make me happy. They have NO BUSINESS *****ing after that free game last week.

Also, I would be remiss mention how if I turned to my 7 year old, and said watch this guy Ridley hes about to fumble the ball! Swear to gawd. He did. That was fun times, and a teaching moment from a dad to his daughter. Only because Ridley was whining about being cut do I even mention it. otherwise, have no hard feelings to the guy. Youd think after gazillion years in the league he would learn how to Hold Onto The Ball.

All said and done, Id rather have the Steelers in the Playoffs then the Ravens. Hate the ****birds, as truth be told they have ZERO qualms coming into Pats land and winning in the Blade. I guess anyone who can live and work in Baltimore, doesnt get intimidated easily. And Jump Ball Joe always concerns me.

Hoping the Pats pull a 1968 Boston Celtics out of their ass, they always have a punchers chance. But if I had to bet, we do NOT see the SB this year, and thats ok too.

The pi in the end xone was bad. The last pi on haden though was a pretty blatant penalty, it looked like those offsides penalties against sd on the last fg where it seemed like they just said f*** it were gonna hope the ref is blind or get flagged.

So that was one bad call, they conveniently ignore the borderline pi on the saints that giftem THEM a td. Typical steeler whining.

I hate the Steelers and was glad to see them lose, but that PI call really was egregious.

Brutal call.

Worst of all watch on the replay facing the LOS. The Saints LT is picking up the Pitt DL by his jersey.

2 things

1)why give ridley the rock when you were absolutely destroying NO through the air?

2)if the thought process was to run a fake punt to keep the saints from getting the ball, why not just keep the offense out there on 4th and take your chances through the air?

The Ridme carry deserves criticism. He fumbled his helmet too.

I wont bash the fake punt because the Steelers were so close to making it. Besides, there was plenty of time left on the clock @ 1:25 for Pitt to drive for a FG at the very least. JuJu has been money all season.

I actually called that referee (using my don yee voice) and he said he justified the flag because he hates Pittsburgh as well as any other, no good bum squad from Pennsylvania.
Might as well call it Transylvania

They got hosed this week, they got gifted some calls last week that surely helped them win that game. It happens, and it'll keep happening as long as the NFL refs continue to operate as they do.

The truly obnoxious thing in all of this is that a ton of Steelers fans have clearly convinced themselves that the refs have some kind of vendetta against them. It's about as bad as the fans around here who are convinced that the refs are at the heart of every Patriots loss, which is evidence of some kind of deeply held anti-Pats referee agenda.

I actually called that referee (using my don yee voice) and he said he justified the flag because he hates Pittsburgh as well as any other, no good bum squad from Pennsylvania.
Might as well call it Transylvania
It's my hometown but I don't take offense.
My home area is booming and is becoming a major place where people are coming to reside.
Transylvania maybe some parts of PA but not my stomping grounds.

Those delusional yinzers are lucky that their stillers weren't 6-8, and Already Out of the PO race, heading into NO yesterday.

The Steelers got screwed, no question. It probably cost them the game. It sucks, and the league's officiating is embarrassing. But, in the end, we as fans are impotent when it comes to this issue. So, all I can really say to the Steelers and their fans is:

Welcome to what the Patriots seem to go through with far too much frequency.

It's my hometown but I don't take offense.
My home area is booming and is becoming a major place where people are coming to reside.
Transylvania maybe some parts of PA but not my stomping grounds.

The strip?

I hate the Steelers and was glad to see them lose, but that PI call really was egregious.
While I agree, I also I understand why the ref called it. The ref sees full extension of arm, he calls DPI.

While I agree, I also I understand why the ref called it. The ref sees full extension of arm, he calls DPI.

Good point, watching that play real time even I at first thought it was pi because he DID extend the arm and kamara seemed to be impeded by something. Then you see the replay and it clearly wasn’t. It was a tough spot for that ref

Last edited:
They got hosed this week, they got gifted some calls last week that surely helped them win that game. It happens, and it'll keep happening as long as the NFL refs continue to operate as they do. The truly obnoxious thing in all of this is that a ton of Steelers fans have clearly convinced themselves that the refs have some kind of vendetta against them. It's about as bad as the fans around here who are convinced that the refs are at the heart of every Patriots loss, which is evidence of some kind of deeply held anti-Pats referee agenda.

I got real drunk last time we
Played Pittsburgh. There was calls that were so bad, I thought I was hallucinating. Next thing you know, I was like, where is this? Where am I ? Then I saw them dumb color uniforms and started rantin. I’ve woke up so many times wondering wtf? I’ll never figure out who that lady was. Had to buy her a new hat last time. Then people have the nerve to speak to me about pitt.

Last edited:
Long time Pats fans. Calls DO matter. The timing of when a call is made, can destroy a teams momentum, and emotionally weigh them down. Human Nature. Think of Tantalus. The refs SCREWED the Pats in the Steelers game. Yesterday, the refs SCREWED Pittsburg. Horrible game changing calls. Man, did that make me happy. They have NO BUSINESS *****ing after that free game last week.

Also, I would be remiss mention how if I turned to my 7 year old, and said watch this guy Ridley hes about to fumble the ball! Swear to gawd. He did. That was fun times, and a teaching moment from a dad to his daughter. Only because Ridley was whining about being cut do I even mention it. otherwise, have no hard feelings to the guy. Youd think after gazillion years in the league he would learn how to Hold Onto The Ball.

All said and done, Id rather have the Steelers in the Playoffs then the Ravens. Hate the ****birds, as truth be told they have ZERO qualms coming into Pats land and winning in the Blade. I guess anyone who can live and work in Baltimore, doesnt get intimidated easily. And Jump Ball Joe always concerns me.

Hoping the Pats pull a 1968 Boston Celtics out of their ass, they always have a punchers chance. But if I had to bet, we do NOT see the SB this year, and thats ok too.

What is the warped reasoning behind playing Ridley or even having him on your roster? The guy is a fumble machine averaging 2.8 ypc. He’s 29 years old and has failed to prove he even had a decent upside for six years now. Since leaving the Patriots, he’s been on the following teams for a year or less before getting the boot:

Jets (did that tattoo come off?)
Lions
Colts
Falcons
Broncos
Vikings
Steelers

How is this guy still in the league at age 29 with a massive turnover risk and not even a good RB? I get that the Steelers are very thin at RB, but that’s the one position where you can take your pick of dozens and dozens of younger, more productive RBs who aren’t on a roster, last cuts at training camps, better veterans still on the market, or even UDFAs.

And how is he running the ball with a tight 4th quarter lead in a do-or-die game against the best team in football?

Answers?

The only reason I don't like the Steelers is their whiny ass fans. As a whole, Pats fans can be kinda annoying I'm sure, but they take the cake. Funny hearing them talking up the bad calls without any sense of irony over last week. Or Super Bowl XL.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back