PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers "hosed" by bad calls

My hatred for Pitt ramped up in 01 when all week leading up to the afcc they were booking plane tix for the super bowl and then one of their biggest sh*t talkers (flowers?) went low late on Brady.

The 04 Halloween game was when they became the most despicable team in my book. The Patriots went there and their historic winning streak was broken. Steelers played well, but the showboating, chest thumping, total lack of respect for what the Patriots had done in post-game comments, essntially mocking them and calling them overrated, crowning themselves as kings of the mountain, that all led me to realize how arrogant, ****y, and unlikeablw that team and fan base is. Joey Porter was the main d-bag but plenty of others. The constant trash talk before every game, the superstar divas, it’s completely obnoxious. Yet they are so soft and whiny, their fans claim to be tough but are fair weather and thin skinned. They ***** and moan like no other team and sound like first graders shouting “cheater!!!”

The team is filled with prima donas and classic spoiled selfish me-first egos; the QB truly should be in jail. Their history is littered with sketchy stuff but they claim to be classy and above the fray. They used steroids in the 70s, got busted when their team doctor was outed as a PED distributor in the mid 2000s (swept under rug, of course), and won the biggest screw job Super Bowl ever with the red admitting he was rooting for them against the Seahawks.

I’m one of the biggest Deflategate grudge holders alive, but I would still root for the Ravens or Colts over the Steelers. When they win you will never hear the end of it.

I’ve seen the Patriots win several of the most exhilarating Super Bowls ever played, and my favorite win of the Brady era is still the 2004/05 AFCCF rematch in Pittsburgh. That game simply cannot be topped.

Are the Primanti sandwiches really that good though? It seems like the novelty wears off rather quickly.

Yea it does wear off quick, haven’t eaten Primantis in a decade or so. Mad Mex on the other hand, I don’t think I could live without.

I live in western PA and the Steeler fans here are really obnoxious. They rarely are on the bad end of the officiating. It is so funny to watch them suffer this week.

But you just watch, Cleveland will beat Baltimore this week and then the Steelers will beat the Chargers and play at New England in the divisional round. The NFL will spend the rest of the postseason making up for that Saints game.

If anyone wants a good laugh, go to youtube and search for "Pittsburgh Dad week 15 Patriots game" the game from last year. It is hilarious. I've watched it at least ten times now.

I’m guessing that it had something to do with a faulty headset.

Look, if it happened to other teams I would think they are just a bunch of crybaby losers, but since nobody else ever gets bad calls I see them as completely justified in their crying.

Yea it does wear off quick, haven’t eaten Primantis in a decade or so.
I’m guessing that it’s got to be 20+ years for me, and I live relatively close to the one near the Galleria/S.Hills Village, so I probably drive past it a few times per week. I think it’s mainly a novelty for out of towners, I dunno.

Sure, as long as we’d win the rematch. The thought of losing to them again makes my stomach churn, though.

As long as they dont get called for fake holding and PI all game, we will win fine. The Steelers should have only scored 7 points that game and the Pat's kept getting penalties any time there was any momentum.

Sure, as long as we’d win the rematch. The thought of losing to them again makes my stomach churn, though.
As flawed as we all know the Patriots are, they would not lose to the stillers in Foxborough in January...and the stillers know it too.

However, not losing to the murderer-worshippers here is an entirely different discussion.

My hatred for Pitt ramped up in 01 when all week leading up to the afcc they were booking plane tix for the super bowl and then one of their biggest sh*t talkers (flowers?) went low late on Brady.

Yep. Their fans don’t help either.

Lots of hateable players on that organization in that era- Porter was by far the most hateable for obvious reasons.

Loved what they put on the scoreboard for him here. Couldn’t have happened to a better guy.

Lots of hateable players on that organization in that era- Porter was by far the most hateable for obvious reasons.

Loved what they put on the scoreboard for him here. Couldn’t have happened to a better guy.
Pardon my ignorance, but...who put what on which scoreboard for Porter where?

Honestly, I personally believe that the refs decide when to call things and impact the game in significant ways. Not saying the games are fixed but they are heavily influenced.

Of course they do...THIS is why Goodell was brought in back in 2006. Entertainment is one o0f the biggest money making motherlodes on the planet. The NFL is a premier entertainment vehicle that chugs along with seeming invulnerability, accruing ever expanding revenue streams.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back