PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburg's Fitzy--A Must Watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha.

No mention of the Roeth Pick to end the game???

Suspicious editing if you ask me. :D

For as many things as I hate about Pittsburgh, this dude has had some really funny segments over the years.

I wouldn’t necessarily compare him to Fitzy though, since he has a weekly episode all throughout the year, many of which have nothing to do with football.

I'm still not sure what the &^%$# a yinzer is, but he's definitely one of em.

I'm still not sure what the &^%$# a yinzer is, but he's definitely one of em.
Understanding that most of your post is in jest, a yinzer is just a term for a Pittsburgher, since they often use odd terms such as “yinz” (you, you guys, your family, etc).

Having lived there for 30 years now, I still shudder at the thought of ever sounding like that. I just think it makes one sound hickish and uneducated. For whatever reason, the locals seem to take some sort of pride in sounding that way.

Having lived there for 30 years now, I still shudder at the thought of ever sounding like that. I just think it makes one sound hickish and uneducated. For whatever reason, the locals seem to take some sort of pride in sounding that way.

I was born in Boston. My parents were both in South Boston. We moved to Pittsburgh when I was in my teens. The people there thought my parents were some kind of aliens due to their accents. When I told Pittsburghers that they, too, had accents, none of them believed it.

When I hear people on TV or radio, I can tell very quickly if they are from Western PA. For example, Scott Zolak, Dennis Miller and Mike Florio. Yinz all from the burgh area.

In all seriousness, I wish New England were as dedicated and passionate about the Pats as Pittsburghers are about the Steelers. Great fans without a doubt.

Same local pride people take in passing on their Baahstin accent. For some strange reason I was really freaked out when I first heard a small kid talking that way. I was thinking the accent was a last generation thing and that I should slap the kid's parents. But of course I got over myself. It worked for JFK, it worked for Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, the kid will be fine.

Heh.......

"...Gisselle....... Gluten Free.......Bike Lanes......."

Best part of the whole thing, IMHO. :)

Accents get passed on

So I'm from RI originally. My son was born here in Vegas.

When he was in elementary school they put him in speech therapy.

I went through that when I was his age because I'm partially deaf.
So at a parent teacher conference I ask the teacher if they tested his hearing.

Well after listening to my accent she said "no wonder he talks like that".

She immediately pulled him out of the class.

Understanding that most of your post is in jest, a yinzer is just a term for a Pittsburgher, since they often use odd terms such as “yinz” (you, you guys, your family, etc).

My mom and my aunts used 'youns' all the time. They grew up on a farm in western PA

Accents get passed on

So I'm from RI originally. My son was born here in Vegas.

When he was in elementary school they put him in speech therapy.

I went through that when I was his age because I'm partially deaf.
So at a parent teacher conference I ask the teacher if they tested his hearing.

Well after listening to my accent she said "no wonder he talks like that".

She immediately pulled him out of the class.

My kids get corrected by my wife any time they try to pronounce a word like I do. It's gotten to the point where my kids now have fun mocking the way I say some words. haha "Dad.... Idea doesn't have an R in it" "Dad... the T is silent in often" :D

Of course when I ask, "Does anyone want some clam chowdah?" they always reply with "Yeup". I win.

BTW what the hell happened to Fitzy? Nothing new in months....

This was amusing and made me chuckle a few times, but he’s had some ones that are absolutely hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back