PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Giants vs Jets Preseason game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there ever been an active NFL Head Coach that has forfeited his position to go to another team as a defensive coordinator?
I'm just asking.

rexfarewell2.gif

Coples is no doubt going to get his balls washed by Jet fans after this game. But he lazied his way into his 2 biggest plays with a RB and QB basically running into him after he didn't really bother getting off the line of scrimmage.

Perhaps Gholston's problem was that he sucked but tried too hard. Coples has it figured out. Stand there and let your teammates do all the work and let the opponent come to you.

Exactly what I was saying watching this game. Over hyped JAG. He's ok...not ball washing good

"I never came here to be little brother to anyone. So, it’s on….. There’s no way I’m going to be second fiddle. If we were playing the NY Yankees, I don’t want to be second fiddle to them."

denialx.jpg

Mangini had the team coached up and so they had a decent 2009-2010 but

they have gotten worse with Rex. :rofl: ... I just had to get that out. :rofl:

I always thought that was the case. Over on JI there are now posters that say bring Mangini back. Others say Tannebaum will stab him in the back once more.

Does anyone forget that Sexy Rexy was the only coaching candidate that would accept the offer to come to the Jesters for an interview?

I hate the jets but still give Ryan credit for being a pretty good coach.

Why? He only coaches one side of the ball.

I'd allow Rex Ryan to be the DC of the Pats provided he never spoke publicly

No way!

The buffet budget overruns alone would put the New England Patriots in bankruptcy.

Not this year Rex!

Attachments

• MetLifeSnoopy.jpg
    MetLifeSnoopy.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 225
Mangini had the team coached up and so they had a decent 2009-2010 but

they have gotten worse with Rex.
Worst decision they ever made was to swap out Mangini for this boob. Mangini built that team into the force it was in 2009.

Worst decision they ever made was to swap out Mangini for this boob. Mangini built that team into the force it was in 2009.

Someone had to take the fall for Favre's injury. The team was going to need to sell PSLs, after all.

I forget which style the jets are playing. Ground and Pound or Pound the Ground.

Thats like saying I'd allow water provided it wasn't wet.

7-7 with 2 games against teams that didn't try isn't exactly a FORCE.

you take any edge you can when it's winner take all playoffs BUT..seriously...I watched the entire San Diego/Jet playoff game and the Jets should have lost that game . The Jets D played well enough to hold SD to FG shots three times in the game but, c'mon..they blew THREE FG's of 36, 40 and 56 yards. How many teams in the playoffs even blew ONE FG from 40 yards or under that season? Especially when you consider Kaeding almost hit the 56 yarder...yeah a win is a win but Sanchez had a 100 yards passing in that game...realistically, just how good were the Jets...they were there to get beat with offensive passing numbers like that, but they dodged the bullet and got murdered the next game...same thing happened when they surprised the Pats...next game they were never really in it...the scene with Sanchez running to the sidelines with the ball at the one, begging for help on what to call..pathetic coaching in a big spot.

Flash forward two years and it's more of the same....all defense, play for FG's and hope for the stars to align once again....looks like the stars are misaligned though and only the power of prayer is left...maybe THAT is why they brought Tebow onboard..

The announcers suck, after the third pass he is finally getting it..

Was that when they used the graphic of the three release points? And tried to say he was getting it all figured out in game? Because all that showed was his continued mechanical inconsistency. You'd have thought for all the hoopla and hype and the money he's made as a first rounder Josh would have set this kid up out of the gate with Brady's late guru.

I know it's just a typo by the OP, but it looks close enough to the "Giants vs. Jets Priapism game", which is kind of how I felt watch the Jets embarrass themselves on national TV...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST