PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Giants vs Jets Preseason game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's just a typo by the OP, but it looks close enough to the "Giants vs. Jets Priapism game", which is kind of how I felt watch the Jets embarrass themselves on national TV...

I know it's just a typo by the OP, but it looks close enough to the "Giants vs. Jets Priapism game", which is kind of how I felt watch the Jets embarrass themselves on national TV...

And here I thought "Preseaspm" was in reference to....

pepto.jpg

We all know Tubby Wrecks must go through at least one bottle of this per game anyways. ;)

There seems to be a consensus that their defense is good. I'm not willing to concede that their defense is good. It may be, but I haven't seen enough evidence that it is.

The front seven is slow; every offensive game plan they see this year will run them from sideline to sideline until they collapse. The backfield is ridiculously over-hyped; one of the announcers called Croemagnon the second best CB in football tonight (!), one of the safeties was cut by the Dolphins, and the other one can't cover and gets injured a lot. There's no depth. The #1 pick is going to be an average NFL lineman, until he gets tired and decides he's earned enough money and becomes less than that.

Plus, just because it needs to be said, RR is still fat, even after losing all that weight and doing all those ads for weight loss surgery. He still meets the medical definition of obese.

What makes anyone think this is a defense that can win games for this team? I don't.

Last edited:
Looking at the Jets board they all seem to wonder why Coples isn't getting more reps vs. the 1s because he is dominating the 2s. Apparently, they didn't watch the first quarter because we saw why Coples isn't getting more reps with the ones.

If you watch the first quarter, the guy is a liability vs. the run. His first tackle of the night was because he was beaten so bad that his blocker pushed him 3 yards off the line and Bradshaw ran into him (it was good enough to convert a first down).

Besides, when he is in there with the ones on passing downs, it isn't like the Jets are creating much pressure on the QB. And the Giants' starting LT was out last night.

I'm not seeing much to worry me from the Jets. Their defence will be solid but I doubt much more than that. Their run game doesn't look that explosive. Their QBs are down right average to terrible.

I mean come on Sanchez; you'd have thought that in three years you would know how to step into your throw, especially on a pass like a quick out when the ball has to be zipped in there.

Tebow is going to cause serious problems when Sanchez continues to prove he's an absolute bust. This is his make or break year and so far it isn't off to a great start. Reports say he's trying to 'out lead' Tim Tebow which is mpossible for two reasons: 1) I don't think there are many examples of better leaders than Tim Tebow although his play doesn't often lead by example consistently; and, 2) Sanchez is far from a born leader who has never had the respect of his team mates...then he had the nerve to make a comment in a presser which insinuated they HAD to respect hm jus because he was QB1 at the time. Idiot.

Dolphins will have their moments but won't be consistent enough and the Bills look to be our closest threat this year.

Had my man Tebs hit the wide open Hill on the goal line, scoring a TD via pass, it would have been all over for Sanchez this year fanbase wise. Man, is my guy inaccurate or what?

Last edited:
Re: OT; Giants vs Jets Preseaspm game thread

Had my man Tebs hit the wide open Hill on the goal line, scoring a TD via pass, it would have been all over for Sanchez this year fanbase wise. Man, is my guy inaccurate or what?

In his defense, it was an across the body throw that was downfield, and his WR didn't come back to him when he began scrambling.

I2) Sanchez is far from a born leader who has never had the respect of his team mates...then he had the nerve to make a comment in a presser which insinuated they HAD to respect hm jus because he was QB1 at the time. Idiot.

Bottom line, Sanchez should of stayed in school for his senior year. Many feel the only reason he came out was because Bradford,Tebow and McCoy decided to commit for another year which would improve his draft status and money earned. From his alleged assault to his lousy QB play previous to his final year he had fail written all over him imo. My perception of his coaching is the kid was coddled and really didn't have to earn it like most do. Hence why he has struggled because he doesn't know how to really put the work in. I partially blame the Jets coaching staff for some of his failures.

Bottom line, Sanchez should of stayed in school for his senior year. Many feel the only reason he came out was because Bradford,Tebow and McCoy decided to commit for another year which would improve his draft status and money earned. From his alleged assault to his lousy QB play previous to his final year he had fail written all over him imo. My perception of his coaching is the kid was coddled and really didn't have to earn it like most do. Hence why he has struggled because he doesn't know how to really put the work in. I partially blame the Jets coaching staff for some of his failures.

With the JEST, every success is an orphan, and every failure has a hundred fathers.

In his defense, it was an across the body throw that was downfield, and his WR didn't come back to him when he began scrambling.

Yup, he's a lefty and it was a rookie mistake not to come back a bit when the QB scrambles out of the pocket. Understandable 'cause the WR let himself be too conscious of the goal line but at a time when nobody was around him. First catch the ball. Then score the TD.

Yup, he's a lefty and it was a rookie mistake not to come back a bit when the QB scrambles out of the pocket. Understandable 'cause the WR let himself be too conscious of the goal line but at a time when nobody was around him. First catch the ball. Then score the TD.

That's what I was thinking. A percentage on Tebow for not setting his feet and making a better throw, and a percentage on Hill for lack of awareness. Unfortunately for Patriots fans, both of those are correctable mistakes, and I still think that Hill's going to turn out to be a find for the Jets.

I think we can probably merge both Jests preseason threads into the "Jeets Suck" thread and nobody would really notice.

There really is no excuse for Tebow short-hopping that pass four yards in front of Hill. Tebow threw across his body because his mechanics were pathetic. Tebow didn't have his feet underneath him and he wound up like he was trying to throw some guy out at the plate from right field.

Same play. WR is all alone one yard deep in the end zone on the left sideline. How many right handed QBs can you name who would put the ball right in the middle of his his body for a TD from the 29 yard line? In a pre-season game.

All the elite guys make that throw, and certainly the 2nd tier QBs do as well. You know who also screws that throw up? Michael Vick, He'd have his feet off the ground and also throw that ball wild across his body. Vick has an amazing arm, but that is the sort of crap he pulls a couple of times a game that really hurts the Eagles.

All these analysts have talked about how Tebow isn't pro-QB material and I wondered if he could change his mechanics and evolve to being a competent to good QB like a Carson Palmer, Rex Grossman, Fitzpatrick, Hasselback or Cassell - not elite but good enough to take a team to the playoffs and make a run based on the strength of the team.

That play crystallized for me the basic issues that doom Tebow to being a curiosity. Too bad, too. The Jets offense played hard when he was in there - he has that ability to fire up his teammates.

Last edited:
Sparano in charge of an offense for the first time. And it's an offense without talent. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG!?
I'm still shocked he didn't bring Henne with him.

There really is no excuse for Tebow short-hopping that pass four yards in front of Hill. Tebow threw across his body because his mechanics were pathetic. Tebow didn't have his feet underneath him and he wound up like he was trying to throw some guy out at the plate from right field.

Same play. WR is all alone one yard deep in the end zone on the left sideline. How many right handed QBs can you name who would put the ball right in the middle of his his body for a TD from the 29 yard line? In a pre-season game.

All the elite guys make that throw, and certainly the 2nd tier QBs do as well. You know who also screws that throw up? Michael Vick, He'd have his feet off the ground and also throw that ball wild across his body. Vick has an amazing arm, but that is the sort of crap he pulls a couple of times a game that really hurts the Eagles.

All these analysts have talked about how Tebow isn't pro-QB material and I wondered if he could change his mechanics and evolve to being a competent to good QB like a Carson Palmer, Rex Grossman, Fitzpatrick, Hasselback or Cassell - not elite but good enough to take a team to the playoffs and make a run based on the strength of the team.

That play crystallized for me the basic issues that doom Tebow to being a curiosity. Too bad, too. The Jets offense played hard when he was in there - he has that ability to fire up his teammates.

I'm not going to get into the Tebow bashing with you, and I wasn't absolving Tebow of blame. I was breaking down one play, and I've seen the play about a dozen times or more. It was a tougher throw to make than you give credit for, and the WR needed to come back. both players needed to do better on that play.

And all elite QBs toss up garbage on occasion, so the "all elite QBs" argument really doesn't hold any water.

Last edited:
Worst decision they ever made was to swap out Mangini for this boob. Mangini built that team into the force it was in 2009.

I absolutely agree... Tanny stabbed him in the back after forcing Favre on him too.

It was the Jackoff Jest F.O. that made a big deal out of the filming too.

I'm not going to get into the Tebow bashing with you, and I wasn't absolving Tebow of blame. I was breaking down one play, and I've seen the play about a dozen times or more. It was a tougher throw to make than you give credit for, and the WR needed to come back. both players needed to do better on that play.

And all elite QBs toss up garbage on occasion, so the "all elite QBs" argument really doesn't hold any water.

yeah...and besides, the O coordinator LOVED the throw.....

sparano-fist-pump.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe