OT: Football is back Hall of Fame Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Anybody else watching to see Lamar Jackson? Also there’s a murderer on the loose in Canton, please be cautious if you went to the game for some reason

rlewismug1.jpg

And Ray Lewis is still a tool.

I'll always remember Bobby Beathard as Mr. "I'll gladly trade you a SD #1 tomorrow for your #2 today."

Was Dawkins really that much better than Rodney that Rodney has never been close to the Hall?

Was Dawkins really that much better than Rodney that Rodney has never been close to the Hall?

That's a really good question. It definitely doesn't seem like there was a huge void between them, but I think Dawkins was probably better but not by a ton.

That's a really good question. It definitely doesn't seem like there was a huge void between them, but I think Dawkins was probably better but not by a ton.
Rodney only being selected to two Pro Bowls is criminal. Sucks him and Ty may never make the Hall, Hall of fame committee doesn’t seem to care about playoff performance.

I completely forgot about the HOF game, thanks for rem8nding me.

This might be more suited for a different thread, but if they can feature a murderer as the hot point of this game than I should be able to break the rules here in this thread that is dedicated to said game.

Correct/direct me if I’m wrong, but most of the explanations on the rule changes use the word “opponent” rather than say “ball carrier” or similar. It makes it a little weird, but everything about it is weird.

The ejection guidelines are as following according to NFL Communications: Fact Sheet - Use of the Helmet
  1. Player lowers his helmet to establish a linear body posture prior to initiating and making contact with the helmet
  2. Unobstructed path to his opponent
  3. Contact clearly avoidable and player delivering the blow had other options
Now they also say “Violations of the rule will be easier to see and officiate when they occur in open space – as opposed to close line play – but this rule applies anywhere on the field at any time.”

Does this mean that if a guy on the DL bullrushes and makes helmet contact he could be ejected? Also, could a rusher be ejected when blowing up an RB who is assigned pass pro? Finally, what are these “other options” they speak of? Have they made a detailed list of them? Have they defined what other options are worse?... aka Is going for an ACL tackle considered a better option? This is insane.

How do these people let this murderer sit there an envoke God and sit there and kiss his ass is incredible!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back