PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Euro 2021 soccer

My mother in law sent some videos from Lucca last night and it looked nuts. Wish I was there to see it.

They sure needed something to be happy about. It has been a terrible year or so for Italy in general.

This is pretty funny. Southgate managed this team better than any other England manager in the last 50 years. Sterling shows up for this game and there is no extra time. Maguire played excellent defense but couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a header.
Please. England benefited from being at home and having the easy side of the draw. If you can watch yesterday’s game and not see how desperately England needed a guy like Grealish who can hold the ball and create then you didn’t watch the same game I did.

These analysts hit the nail on the head

They sure needed something to be happy about. It has been a terrible year or so for Italy in general.
She was over here last February through August when Covid was really hitting hard over there and her husband was still over there. He was on complete lockdown to the point where you could only go to a pharmacy or get groceries otherwise you were not to be outside. Both of them ended up coming back over in April for my son's first birthday and luckily were able to get vaccinated over here since at the time Italy was only vaccinating 65+ with preexisting conditions. I am not sure where Italy is at now as far as restrictions but based on the videos of the celebrations it is good to see them getting to enjoy the win. Such a beautiful country with some great people.

This is pretty funny. Southgate managed this team better than any other England manager in the last 50 years. Sterling shows up for this game and there is no extra time. Maguire played excellent defense but couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a header.

nope as an outsider I disagree. Just because they got further than they ever have doesn’t mean he managed better.

nope as an outsider I disagree. Just because they got further than they ever have doesn’t mean he managed better.
Well maybe you hot take posters should do your homework on the past managers. Go back peak at the last WC. Go on. Then go back further.

Please. England benefited from being at home and having the easy side of the draw. If you can watch yesterday’s game and not see how desperately England needed a guy like Grealish who can hold the ball and create then you didn’t watch the same game I did.

These analysts hit the nail on the head

Ugh. Whatever. The problem was Sterling. You want to put Grealish in at half time fine. Personally I expected him at 60-65. You ain’t starting him because he can’t go a full 90.

Ugh. Whatever. The problem was Sterling. You want to put Grealish in at half time fine. Personally I expected him at 60-65. You ain’t starting him because he can’t go a full 90.

Sterling was the most dangerous England player all game/best player for them in the tournament. He won them that penalty last game to put England through to the Finals. He was the only player that could turn and dribble past defenders.

And I don't blame Southgate. They had a plan for PKs and they went with it. It's not his fault the players choked. Italy deserved it.

Chiesa was the best player in regulation time that’s all I’m gonna say.

Yeah he was a menace throughout the entire game. I like this version of Italy instead of the more defensive minded ones we are used to. They were great to watch all tourney.

England should never get any football tournament allocated to them ever again, what a discusting behaviour of those animals calling themselves fans

no wonder noone wanted them to win the final, UEFA should find their tail and punish the FA for every attacked Italian fan and for every single England bastard that forced his way into the stadium with violance should be a game without fans for England

****ing animals, lowest form of a living beeing, thats why noone likes them anywhere in the world

football is at home when it is not on this damn island!

England should never get any football tournament allocated to them ever again, what a discusting behaviour of those animals calling themselves fans

no wonder noone wanted them to win the final, UEFA should find their tail and punish the FA for every attacked Italian fan and for every single England bastard that forced his way into the stadium with violance should be a game without fans for England

****ing animals, lowest form of a living beeing, thats why noone likes them anywhere in the world

football is at home when it is not on this damn island!

Yep, the videos circulating online are very damning. A lot of instances of totally inappropriate behavior.

Those England "fans" are beneath contempt. Of course, it's not all of them but the football authorities can be blamed for not doing anything effective to remove the white supremacist thugs. That was why I gave up going to football matches 40 years ago.

I have a friend who is a former player and now is a trainer and coach. He knows some of the England squad and he tells me that they are decent people and that their coach is a good man.

There are reports that it is the football fans WITH a ticket beating those who dont have one that are trying to force their way into Wembley.

England shouldn't be given a major tournament again for a long time. From the racism, to the booing of anthems, to the violence, to the laser pointers, to the ticketless hordes storming gates they've really let themselves down, again. And once again the small minority have reinforced the stereotype of English football fans being boorish, jingoistic lager louts without a shred of common decency.

Also Southgate is an awful manager. His squad management was atrocious and his decision making was laughable at times. England got to the final in spite of him, not because of him. And his pre final "We're just a small island nation that has always had to fight off invasions" was one of the stupidest least self aware statements I've ever heard.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
England shouldn't be given a major tournament again for a long time. From the racism, to the booing of anthems, to the violence, to the laser pointers, to the ticketless hordes storming gates they've really let themselves down, again. And once again the small minority have reinforced the stereotype of English football fans being boorish, jingoistic lager louts without a shred of common decency.

Also Southgate is an awful manager. His squad management was atrocious and his decision making was laughable at times. England got to the final in spite of him, not because of him. And his pre final "We're just a small island nation that has always had to fight off invasions" was one of the stupidest least self aware statements I've ever heard.
Well, you're a graceful loser.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back