PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Euro 2021 soccer

I don't get it. Who were they targeting? Were they waiting at the opposing fans exit area..because those getting hit were not wearing Italian gear.

I don't get it. Who were they targeting? Were they waiting at the opposing fans exit area..because those getting hit were not wearing Italian gear.
There are reports that those english fans In the video with a ticket for the game was attacking those without that were trying to break into Wembley.

Well maybe you hot take posters should do your homework on the past managers. Go back peak at the last WC. Go on. Then go back further.

As someone who never watches futball and knows nothing about the game, I'm going to double down on everything I previously posted because being an angry online troll means my knowledge of everything is enhanced.

Also: he is a terrible coach because why the the hell would you instruct your penalty kickers to kick the ball exactly where the goalie is moving to? A good coach would coach them to kick it away from the goalie, which would have been enough to win, 5-3 on penalty kicks.

Also, he really shouldn't have chosen southern values over northern ones, which is my biggest problem with him. I hope the Southgate scandal reminds us all of the follies of the south.

That's all.

England should never get any football tournament allocated to them ever again, what a discusting behaviour of those animals calling themselves fans

no wonder noone wanted them to win the final, UEFA should find their tail and punish the FA for every attacked Italian fan and for every single England bastard that forced his way into the stadium with violance should be a game without fans for England

****ing animals, lowest form of a living beeing, thats why noone likes them anywhere in the world

football is at home when it is not on this damn island!
Please, let’s not act like fans from other nations (like Italy) are angels.

Any English fans who have said or posted racist things should be called out for it. No room at all for that garbage. No room for violence either.

But Italy is just as bad or worse. Lukaku has Italian fans chanting he’s a monkey.

Mario Balotelli, a black Italian player, has been racially abused for years in Italy, being called a monkey to having bananas thrown at him.

Italy, as well as other European nations, have a very bad history of racism towards black players.

What a bunch of ****ing punk ass thugs.
Oi it’s just a bit of a scuffle innit?

I was hoping someone was going to drop that bald dweeb in the collared shirt that was sucker punching people.

I have a friend who is a former player and now is a trainer and coach. He knows some of the England squad and he tells me that they are decent people and that their coach is a good man.
This. Southgate is a heck of a person as is someone like rashford for his school dinners campaign. Most of the players come across very well. Except for Rice and Grealish who can go suck a big of ****s each. But the fans. I mean a substantial minority of them are just pond scum. Horrible human beings

Please, let’s not act like fans from other nations (like Italy) are angels.

Any English fans who have said or posted racist things should be called out for it. No room at all for that garbage. No room for violence either.

But Italy is just as bad or worse. Lukaku has Italian fans chanting he’s a monkey.

Mario Balotelli, a black Italian player, has been racially abused for years in Italy, being called a monkey to having bananas thrown at him.

Italy, as well as other European nations, have a very bad history of racism towards black players.

during the 3 games in Rome, the opponents antehm wasn't disturbed, noone was beaten up by the itallian fans and noone stormed the stadium and fought with the ticket holders for the seat, the english mf did in the final of a tournament being broadcasted live around the world, so this country just doesn't deserve anything close to hosting a similar tournament ever again, because their "supporters" are just animals that should be kept away from civilized world

yes, other nations have rasicm problems as well but thats not the main topic here I was not refering to the racist attacks to their own players (which is another discusting fact of these "supporters")

This. Southgate is a heck of a person as is someone like rashford for his school dinners campaign. Most of the players come across very well. Except for Rice and Grealish who can go suck a big of ****s each. But the fans. I mean a substantial minority of them are just pond scum. Horrible human beings
whats wrong with Rice and Grealish?

Rashford is such a nice guy that gives back so much to his community, when it comes to the players I feel sorry for them that they didn't win, but for those "supporters" I wish they will never ever again see a Final or god forbid ever win a final again, they just don't deserve anything good on this world

whats wrong with Rice and Grealish?

Rashford is such a nice guy that gives back so much to his community, when it comes to the players I feel sorry for them that they didn't win, but for those "supporters" I wish they will never ever again see a Final or god forbid ever win a final again, they just don't deserve anything good
Snakes. Both of them. Both played international football for Ireland before returning back to the mother country.

I don't know anything about Grealish, but I have heard good things about Declan Rice.

Snakes. Both of them. Both played international football for Ireland before returning back to the mother country.

Ah, well, I see. It happens -- and in the other direction too (digging up Irish -- or Nigerian -- grannies).

Rashford is such a nice guy that gives back so much to his community

He was also on his way to becoming a really outstanding player. I didn't watch enough football this season to know what was going on, but I see that it's been announced that he's gone for an operation on his shoulder. So that might explain why he wasn't used more.

Ah, well, I see. It happens -- and in the other direction too (digging up Irish -- or Nigerian -- grannies).
Jack Grealish played all through the underage levels for Ireland, but chose to switch before making his full international debut. Not ideal for Ireland, but if that's what he wanted then so be it. Michael Keane did the same, but I don't think he made the final squad?

But in Declan Rice's case he had played all through Ireland's underage teams and had 3 senior international caps for Ireland, but because they were friendlies and not competitive fixtures, he availed of a loophole and switched to England. That was lousy.

Interestingly it's been a tactic of Gareth Southgate to get players with dual nationalities tied down to England, or to get them to swap to England if they've already declared for another country. It's a bit snidey, considering he probably has the largest pool if players in the world to choose from already outside of Brazil, without targeting guys who have played underage for Wales, Ireland and others. He even recently tried to get the so called wonderkid John Joe Patrick Finn to switch allegiance from Ireland to England. He is a kid who was born in Spain to an Irish father and a Cameroonian mother. He has absolutely no ties whatsoever with England, other than his father was born there to Irish immigrants who moved home to Ireland weeks after his birth.

He's also trying to get Mido Odipeko (spelling) to declare for England. A young Irish striker at West Ham, of Nigerian descent. No ties to England other than he will have spent 5 years in the country next year and will be eligible for citizenship. Looks like he might succeed in this case as he's pulled out of the last few Irish U-21 squads for undisclosed reasons.

Jack Grealish played all through the underage levels for Ireland, but chose to switch before making his full international debut. Not ideal for Ireland, but if that's what he wanted then so be it. Michael Keane did the same, but I don't think he made the final squad?

But in Declan Rice's case he had played all through Ireland's underage teams and had 3 senior international caps for Ireland, but because they were friendlies and not competitive fixtures, he availed of a loophole and switched to England. That was lousy.

Interestingly it's been a tactic of Gareth Southgate to get players with dual nationalities tied down to England, or to get them to swap to England if they've already declared for another country. It's a bit snidey, considering he probably has the largest pool if players in the world to choose from already outside of Brazil, without targeting guys who have played underage for Wales, Ireland and others. He even recently tried to get the so called wonderkid John Joe Patrick Finn to switch allegiance from Ireland to England. He is a kid who was born in Spain to an Irish father and a Cameroonian mother. He has absolutely no ties whatsoever with England, other than his father was born there to Irish immigrants who moved home to Ireland weeks after his birth.

He's also trying to get Mido Odipeko (spelling) to declare for England. A young Irish striker at West Ham, of Nigerian descent. No ties to England other than he will have spent 5 years in the country next year and will be eligible for citizenship. Looks like he might succeed in this case as he's pulled out of the last few Irish U-21 squads for undisclosed reasons.
yeah those things have to be questioned, basically its like deciding for which club you'll play nowdays, you choose the one you have biggest probability to make it to a world cup or win it, this will become even more relevant in the future due to the migration of population around the world, than you can decide whether you'll play for US, England, Portugal or Spain which sounds quite strange

Football Associations around the world start fighting for "might be" stars from tomorrow already with 12-13 year old teens, thats crazy

btw. Alan Maguire, the England defender's 56-year-old father, was trampled and broken two ribs by fans who tried to get into Wembley without a ticket, according to Maguire Jr. statement to the "Sun".

It's a bit snidey, considering he probably has the largest pool if players in the world to choose from already outside of Brazil, without targeting guys who have played underage for Wales, Ireland and others.

Well, they got beaten by a side with Emerson and Jorginho in it. And then there's Tony Cascarino. Players make their choices and you can be sure that they weigh up their chances of making the team (or not) when they do. I'm just pleased that young players (particularly players of African descent) are comfortable being part of the England set-up.

Well, they got beaten by a side with Emerson and Jorginho in it. And then there's Tony Cascarino. Players make their choices and you can be sure that they weigh up their chances of making the team (or not) when they do. I'm just pleased that young players (particularly players of African descent) are comfortable being part of the England set-up.

Italy and Spain have been at it for a while. Although, in their case, it's a bit less of a hit to Brazil to lose a player that at best will be a squad player than it is for Ireland, who are losing players that would be their star players. And come on now, Tony Cascarino was a donkey who would never have played for England.

I hate the mercenary element that is creeping into the international game, it's already made a mockery of rugby, where the Pacific Island nations lose all their best players to NZ, Australia and more recently the Six Nations teams.

during the 3 games in Rome, the opponents antehm wasn't disturbed, noone was beaten up by the itallian fans and noone stormed the stadium and fought with the ticket holders for the seat, the english mf did in the final of a tournament being broadcasted live around the world, so this country just doesn't deserve anything close to hosting a similar tournament ever again, because their "supporters" are just animals that should be kept away from civilized world

yes, other nations have rasicm problems as well but thats not the main topic here I was not refering to the racist attacks to their own players (which is another discusting fact of these "supporters")
Ya, no violence in Italian soccer

You're talking about two completely different countries. One is a richer country that is multiracial and diverse, which is a product of its post - Colonial Empire.

Italy is not nearly as diverse. It is experiencing mass immigration for the first time in recent years due to massive refugee migrations, nor does it have a youth sports system like England's.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back