PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Darrelle Revis Injured - Charged with Multiple Criminal Counts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently he tried to delete the video. He's ****ed.
Goodell will be asking for that phone in 3... 2... 1...

If the video gets out (it should be in the public record pretty soon, no?) and shows him beating on someone else, it'll be hard for him to avoid a suspension.
Same old Jets offseason
Yep, a Jet and a buddy beating the snot out of two other guys is par for the course.

People who are saying this will end up helping the Jets are forgetting one important thing: this is the Jets we're talking about, and they'll find a way to turn a princess into a frog. A green one.

Because: The Jets Suck!!!

I dunno.

Somehow this just makes me sad. I don't know who did what to whom, or who was or was not at fault, or who might or might not have recorded whom.

It's just sad that a guy with the wealth and opportunities of Revis, who's been where he's been and done the things he's done, can end up in a mess like this on a street in Pittsburgh in the middle of the night.

can end up in a mess like this on a street in Pittsburgh in the middle of the night.
Not sure if you realize, but he's from Pittsburgh. Always has been. Alliquippa HS for 4 yrs and University of Pitt for college. Still has lots of family and friends around and is seen here on a regular basis.

His attorney claims that he was here searching for new property and business opportunities. Just clarifying that it wasn't a random location, that's all. I certainly agree that it's sad.

Can you point me to any of these cases? I'm a photographer (not a paparazzi, just a hobbiest) and this comes up all the time. My understanding is that if you are in a public space, where there is no expectation of privacy, it is legal to photograph or tape. You cannot use peoples images for commercial purposes, but the act of taking the pictures is not a problem. Pretty good explanation of the limits here-

http://lifehacker.com/5912250/know-your-rights-photography-in-public

If they were on private property, the rules are completely different, of course.
That article is very misleading. Here in NC, and my understanding, many other states, filming PEOPLE w/o their permission is illegal. I have seen arrests on the police blotter-tey are "peeping tom"-type deals. one of the ones i remember was a guy being arrested for videotaping some girls in bikinis at the beach. most states, cities have some kind of ordinances on the books. i would tread very carefully before you did that-find out the local laws first. could even end up being registered as a sex offender.

A league source told The News that there's no clause in Revis' blockbuster five-year, $70 million contract that would allow the Jets to void the deal if the player is charged with a felony. That makes sense, of course, but what happens if Revis is ultimately disciplined (via suspension or fine) by the league? Could the team re-coup any of the guaranteed portion of his 2017 salary if he is found to have violated the league's personal conduct policy?

The league source told The News that the Jets would have a solid case to recoup the $6 million if Revis is ultimately suspended… as long as he remains on the roster at the time of the disciplinary action.

Jets doing their homework on how to recoup $6M if they cut Revis

Not sure if you realize, but he's from Pittsburgh. Always has been. Alliquippa HS for 4 yrs and University of Pitt for college. Still has lots of family and friends around and is seen here on a regular basis.

His attorney claims that he was here searching for new property and business opportunities. Just clarifying that it wasn't a random location, that's all. I certainly agree that it's sad.
I still contend Revis was at a club, swung by the property and these two morons followed and harassed him. Revis had a couple of drinks in him and went off. His buddy hopped out of the car to assist OR laid waste on these two idiots.

Maybe there is more to it but while he may be a complete jerk to the NEP, hes never had a sniff off off the field issues. Hes a pro.

Thats my theory.

Just my humble opinion from my education more than living in Pittsburgh, but here goes (whatever it may be worth to you).

Sure, technically it is true, but rarely do the terms "misdemeanor" and "jail time" go together, let alone 5 years worth. Wallach is really stretching things, although he's technically correct regarding the extreme end of the sentencing spectrum. Obviously, Revis is not a repeat offender with an extensive criminal record, so that does not pertain to him.

Revis and his attorney will be much more concerned with the aggravated assault charges. Even the robbery isn't likely to stick in my opinion, let alone the misdemeanor threat charge.
He's been charged with 4 first degree felonies. According to the news at any rate.

At 3AM.

I still contend Revis was at a club, swung by the property and these two morons followed and harassed him. Revis had a couple of drinks in him and went off. His buddy hopped out of the car to assist OR laid waste on these two idiots.

Maybe there is more to it but while he may be a complete jerk to the NEP, hes never had a sniff off off the field issues. Hes a pro.

Thats my theory.

Revis is a liar. Didn't he make comments on twitter about brady and then claimed someone "hacked" his account?

Revis is a liar. Didn't he make comments on twitter about brady and then claimed someone "hacked" his account?
Correct but as it related to drugs, booze or run-ins with cops hes been squeaky clean

He's been charged with 4 first degree felonies. According to the news at any rate.
Yes, of course, but I'm not sure how that relates to my comment about the description of a throw away misdemeanor charge for terroristic threats?

What was the terroristic threat? "This is for Allah. And it's goin' way out there, sucka. " ?

Even then, if you were on public property and the person being photographed was on private property but with no expectation of privacy (like walking around their front yard) I'm pretty you have the right to take the photo.
You do....key being, as you say, the expectation of privacy. So, for example, if you walk off a plane when a bright blue clown shirt, people can take your photograph at will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back