PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Darrelle Revis Injured - Charged with Multiple Criminal Counts

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's too bad. Just yesterday it was reported that there was a 75% chance he be cut and I thought there was an opportunity to maybe see if he can come in and play safety for us.

Everything I have read on this causes speculation as stories are conflicting, seems out of character for him..

They can always overcharge him then reduce or throw them out..

If I'm understanding what happen correctly Revis was walking along a property he is developing and this punk was recording him with his phone. Revis asked him to stop and they started to tussle. Another guy jumped in to help the punk. Revis chucked the phone. The punks got pissed and Revis went house on these two guys. Kinda impressive.

Certainly not good decisions by Revis . Just needs to walk away. Aliquippa isn't exactly Beverly Hills. He needs to be smarter

If I'm understanding what happen correctly Revis was walking along a property he is developing and this punk was recording him with his phone. Revis asked him to stop and they started to tussle. Another guy jumped in to help the punk. Revis chucked the phone. The punks got pissed and Revis went house on these two guys. Kinda impressive.

Certainly not good decisions by Revis . Just needs to walk away. Aliquippa isn't exactly Beverly Hills. He needs to be smarter
Why the heck is he walking his property at quarter to three in the morning? If this is what happened though, sounds like there's been some overcharging. And now the punks are going to bring a civil suit and try to tap into Revis's millions. What a mess for Revis.

Why the heck is he walking his property at quarter to three in the morning? If this is what happened though, sounds like there's been some overcharging. And now the punks are going to bring a civil suit and try to tap into Revis's millions. What a mess for Revis.

Yea I don't know what to make of that.

Pro athletes keep odd hours. He might have been out clubbing and was followed?

Common sense tells me there is more to this.

Yeah I can't really say I blame him if that's what happened. Especially if they swung first after he grabbed the phone. That's got to be annoying. Still, though, it comes with the territory of essentially being a celebrity and being out at that time of the night around drunks.

It appears that Mevis is getting the benefit of the doubt here. I'm surprised at that.

I don't believe that Mevis is capable of knocking out two guys without help.

Theyre just stacking the charges, chances are this gets settled out of court with the aggravated assault charges lowered to a misdemeanor.

This screams of a 4 game suspension, but at this point in time will that actually benefit the NYJFL moreso than hurt them? Assuming his contract isn't voided because of this incident.

Good point about cap relief. Unintended consequences.

Yikes... this story paints a completely different picture of the incident.

NFL star Darrelle Revis under investigation for South Side altercation

PITTSBURGH — New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, a multi-time All-Pro and Pro Bowl selection, is being investigated by Pittsburgh police, who are considering filing felony charges stemming from an early-morning street altercation on the South Side last weekend.

The 31-year-old Aliquippa native has not been charged, and it's not clear if he is currently in Pennsylvania.

Sources close to the investigation told Pittsburgh's Action News 4 that two men were punched near the corner of South 23rd and East Carson streets. The incident was reported around 2:30 a.m. Monday.

A police officer who drove by the area saw Revis speaking to two people; when he came back around, two of them were knocked out and Revis was gone, sources said.
Revis should not have "knocked them unconscious" but I honestly feel like he was minding his own business and these two 21 year olds should have just left him alone. Man I am old enough to remember when you could get into a fight and it did not become 4 felonies. Jesus

in most states its illegal to record someone w/o their permission EXCEPT celebrities. There have been numerous court cases on this and if you are a "public figure", its not illegal. Personally i think thats stupid-why shouldnt public figures be afforded the same basic civil rights as the rest of us? but it is waht it is. I have no sympathy for the punks who accosted revis, but revis needs to know better and just walk away.

Personally i think thats stupid-why shouldnt public figures be afforded the same basic civil rights as the rest of us?

IANAL, obviously, but I think the counter-point to this is that it has to do with public figures not being able to suppress what the public/press is saying about them or showing them doing. That the individual's right to privacy is not as important as the public's right to be informed. The gross side effect of this is paparazzi and the like.

It's too bad. Just yesterday it was reported that there was a 75% chance he be cut and I thought there was an opportunity to maybe see if he can come in and play safety for us.
Turns out that his chance to be "cut" meant something different than we thought it did.

He can afford him

better-call-saul.jpg

IANAL, obviously, but I think the counter-point to this is that it has to do with public figures not being able to suppress what the public/press is saying about them or showing them doing. That the individual's right to privacy is not as important as the public's right to be informed. The gross side effect of this is paparazzi and the like.

Yeah, I knew that-but i have never agreed with it. I think to record a public figure,you should have to have credentials on your person, which must be shown if asked. I knwo alot of people just shrug and say thats the price you pay for celebrity. But lets look at a very real scenario-i have 12year old boy and girl twins-if someone i didnt know tried to film them w/o my permission-you can bet that phone or camera would be in my possession VERY quickly-whatever it took-and im an exfighter whos in shape-because there are child molesters out there who try to sell or post crap like that-so id be well within my rights-but what if youre Tom Brady or any celebrity out with your kids in the same scenario-you dont have the same rights as me to prevent your kids being exploited? im sorry, i putkids above pretty much everything-including the publics so-called "right-to-know".

Once again it's proven that nothing good happens after midnight.
It's what I always told my kids (though I used 11 pm) and why their curfew was set at 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore