PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Darrelle Revis Injured - Charged with Multiple Criminal Counts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm... could be a way to save some cap space here.
Is it possible Woody Johnson (doesn't this name sound like a joke like IC weenier from Futurama?) orchestrated this?

Wonder if Woody hired those guys to go accost Revis. Would be worth every penny if he did.

Naaaaaaaah, it's Woody, he's not that smart.

Was thinking the same myself. Or maybe it was his brother Chris Johnson with the idea since he's taking things over with Woody in the UK.

Was thinking the same myself. Or maybe it was his brother Chris Johnson with the idea since he's taking things over with Woody in the UK.

I forgot Woody was going to the UK. Good grief.

What's Chris like? Literally know nothing about him. Hopefully as dumb as his brother.

Is it possible Woody Johnson (doesn't this name sound like a joke like IC weenier from Futurama?) orchestrated this?

It could be. If so, I owe him a beer.

But I'd love the name Woody Johnson. Would've come in handy in my teens and 20s to pick up the ladies.

The pickup lines write themselves.

I forgot Woody was going to the UK. Good grief.

What's Chris like? Literally know nothing about him. Hopefully as dumb as his brother.

No clue. This could be a good start though.

I was worried that goodell would do his favorite team a favor by giving Revis a slap on the wrist with a small fine

But then I realized that rog would be doing his favorite team a favor by giving Revis a lifetime suspension

If he's convicted, or pleads it down, can the Jets cut him due to a morals clause in the contract without incurring the cap charge they would have if they just cut him for performance reasons?

If he's convicted, or pleads it down, can the Jets cut him due to a morals clause in the contract without incurring the cap charge they would have if they just cut him for performance reasons?
I'm sure the Jet-lined offices at 345 Park Avenue would like to aid in any effort to do just that. The NFLPA isn't about to let that happen though. Maybe Roger will invoke Article 46 on behalf of the Jets, who knows.

If for some reason they are unable to weasel their way out of the contract, the Jets have a decision to make very soon. Revis is due a non-guaranteed $2 million roster bonus to be paid on the 2nd day of the league year. They can get out of that by cutting him before then, but would then eat $6 million in dead cap money for the portion of his 2017 salary that is guaranteed.

Well he helped us win a SB. Will always be grateful for that. I think the Dolphins will be our main division " competition" going forward.

Apparently he tried to delete the video. He's ****ed.

Both could be true you know. He shows up in his neighborhood, exchanges some smacktalk with some of the locals, gets attacked, but he's a big fit dude, defends himself pretty well, does some damage. that would be enough to at least kick off a preliminary investigation to make sure he shouldn't get an assault charge.

All that's required then to create this contradictory flurry of information is the usual hyperactive rush to report that sends journos to Twitter with nothing like all the information every single day..

the new age of "journalism" is to report first, fact check later

Are you unsure of the term? It may sound serious, but it's basically nothing more than a throw away. You can charge someone with terroristic threats in just about every single altercation (at least here in PA), with many coming from domestic violence cases. It's basically threatening a person in some capacity and it isn't terribly easy to prove in court.

The serious potential charges here are robbery (for grabbing the phone...sigh) and the aggravated assault, but I'd be shocked if Revis was charged with either one of those. Now his bodyguard on the other hand....

Just pointing out how dramatic it sounds in this day and age.

"Terroristic threats"

Damn, its a good thing that Revis went for all that money during his career, because this will ultimately end up spending a lot of it to get out of this

Guilty or not, this will cost him some serious money... on defense lawyers and on an inevitable settlement to make them go away.. although I guess the police could decide to not drop the charges and continue anyways

Aggravated assault is no joke, if they were to convict him of that, he'd be doing prison time

Are you unsure of the term? It may sound serious, but it's basically nothing more than a throw away. You can charge someone with terroristic threats in just about every single altercation (at least here in PA), with many coming from domestic violence cases. It's basically threatening a person in some capacity and it isn't terribly easy to prove in court.

The serious potential charges here are robbery (for grabbing the phone...sigh) and the aggravated assault, but I'd be shocked if Revis was charged with either one of those. Now his bodyguard on the other hand....

Robbery seems far fetched unless they stole their wallets or something after they were knocked unconscious.. maybe can get it reduced to destruction of property or something..

Things like this can get crazy.. cause those 2 guys he knocked out know exactly how much Revis is worth lol.. they can say "Hey, I had $1500 of rent money in my wallet and a rolex watch! He stole them!" and be totally lying out their ass..

Only one thing makes crazy crap like that go away... money

You'd know being in Pitt, Sup. Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back