PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Darrelle Revis Injured - Charged with Multiple Criminal Counts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm... could be a way to save some cap space here.

Unless he knocked out Goodell, who cares?

So the NFL has 2 conferences. The AFC and the NFC. These are just ways to split out the teams. Each conference is then further divided into 4 divisions consisting of 4 teams each. The team with the best record wins their division and is guaranteed a playoff spot.

The Patriots play in the AFC East as does another team called the New York Jets. Revis plays for the Jets and was, at one point, probably the 2nd best player in the league.

If Revis faces legal consequences that interrupt his season it is beneficial to the Patriots as anything that happens to a division rival has the potential to make the path to another division championship easier for the Patriots.

So that's why people care.

at least this should keep him out if the "Sign the Beast" thread

Don't worry, if Revis is found to be at fault, I'm sure Goodell will dole out appropriate, consistent NFL punishment.

He'll look at the Sheldon Richardson case for guidance.
For a split second I forgot Revis was still in the NFL and thought you were making a weird joke he'd punish him even post playing career lol.

He's to be charged on robbery, threatening and assault. Had a feeling his lawyer was full of it.

TMZ

I don't think want to worry about painting anyone the victim or villain at this point. But I do know being out at 2:30am will probably not lead to anything good.

Are you unsure of the term? It may sound serious, but it's basically nothing more than a throw away. You can charge someone with terroristic threats in just about every single altercation (at least here in PA), with many coming from domestic violence cases. It's basically threatening a person in some capacity and it isn't terribly easy to prove in court.

The serious potential charges here are robbery (for grabbing the phone...sigh) and the aggravated assault, but I'd be shocked if Revis was charged with either one of those. Now his bodyguard on the other hand....

Fact that they tacked that weird ass charge on makes it look like the cop was trying to bury him.

I don't think want to worry about painting anyone the victim or villain at this point. But I do know being out at 2:30am will probably not lead to anything good.
Especially in the South side area. It's where former Steeler OL Mike Adams was stabbed a few yrs ago. It's also where Joey Porter got into his altercation last month.

Lots of bars and people. Not saying it's necessarily a bad area of town because it isn't, but if you're out drinking at 2:00 am in Pittsburgh, there's a real good chance that you're in the South side.

Fact that they tacked that weird ass charge on makes it look like the cop was trying to bury him.
Cops can do that on their own discretion in most jurisdictions if you go out of your way to make yourself obnoxious.

That video from Chris Rock springs to mind.

That's my point though, Elijah. It's not a weird ass charge at all. It's a dime a dozen charge that is almost always pled down or removed altogether.

I'm pretty sure that I've been charged with it at some point in my earlier days (although never convicted) for telling someone I would beat their ass if they continued harassing someone.

Many partners are also charged with it when the cops respond to a domestic incident, as there is often one party who makes some type of threat to the other in some capacity. It's often used in any verbal or physical altercation, so one guy bumping into another can result in this charge, but it's normally only an "add on" when there's actual blows that have been thrown, or the most obvious threats (on Facebook, etc).

So the NFL has 2 conferences. The AFC and the NFC. These are just ways to split out the teams. Each conference is then further divided into 4 divisions consisting of 4 teams each. The team with the best record wins their division and is guaranteed a playoff spot.

The Patriots play in the AFC East as does another team called the New York Jets. Revis plays for the Jets and was, at one point, probably the 2nd best player in the league.

If Revis faces legal consequences that interrupt his season it is beneficial to the Patriots as anything that happens to a division rival has the potential to make the path to another division championship easier for the Patriots.

So that's why people care.

I have had season tickets for 31 years, but thanks for pointing out the divisions for anyone who just fell off the turnip truck.

If you think the Revis of 2016 will have an impact on the Jets catching the Patriots in 2017, you need to think again.

I have had season tickets for 31 years, but thanks for pointing out the divisions for anyone who just fell off the turnip truck.
So the Colts aren't in our division anymore, then?

;)

My guess is that it was a bunch of slot receivers out for a little sun & fun on Revis Island.

sexy_men_on_the_beach_1024x768.jpg

If you think the Revis of 2016 will have an impact on the Jets catching the Patriots in 2017, you need to think again.

Revis is better than the people below him on the depth chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3