PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Bruins vs Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the F*** did they blow the whistle? What was the official reason? Inadvertent whistle?

No. Corruption is why. A bad situation was unfolding that would have ended the game and it wasn't going to be that easy for the Bruins. No way.

They took a legit goal away in OT of game 5. If they can do that, they can do anything.

Pasternak has been absolute schitt all series... Stupid penalty, send his azz back to ****ing Czechoslovakia ****ing Euro suck azz...dipshit only hit target on like 3 shots all series... Trade him for a bag of pucks
trading pasta would be extremely stupid. he's only 20 or 21 years old. this was his first playoff exp. thank god you don't run the team.

What happened was Marchand got pushed into the goalie a bit. Anderson fell a bit then saw Bergeron coming in on the puck with a wide open net. So he tripped Marchand and the corrupt official blew the whistle.

Should have been a penalty on Anderson as he tripped Marchand outside of the crease. If that had been Rask, no whistle and the pick ends up in the back of the net.

They didn't say anything because there was only one this to say. They spun it as if it was partly Marchands fault but it wasn't. He was pushed which drew initial contact, then Anderson flopped and deliberately tripled him.
Anderson literally wrapped his arm around Marchand, tripping Brad and taking himself out of the goal.

Equally inexcusable was when Ceci broke and lost his stick, he dove like Logan Ryan to tackle Schaller, reaching out and grabbing with his glove to take him down. Clearly, in full view of everyone in the building. Schaller was carrying the puck. Almost a penalty shot, but at least a penalty, and NO CALL. The TV commentator said, "Well, Bruins fans won't be happy to see this...", well Bruins fans weren't happy the entire series.

The final penalty should have been called diving on the Senators. The guy fell backwards on top of the Bruin.

I am curious as to exactly how the Bruins can protest the entire series, or do we have another NYJFL scenario (NHCanadaL)

Were the officiating even in any way, shape or form, the Bruins would have won this series in five or six games. NHL=NBA=WWE

Last edited:
Anderson literally wrapped his arm around Marchand, tripping Brad and taking himself out of the goal.

Equally inexcusable was when Ceci broke his stick, he dove like Logan Ryan to tackle Schaller, reaching out and grabbing with his glove to take him down. Clearly, in full view of everyone in the building. Almost a penalty shot, but at least a penalty, and NO CALL. The TV commentator said, "Well, Bruins fans won't be happy to see this...", well Bruins fans weren't happy the entire series.

The final penalty should have been called diving on the Senators. The guy fell on top of the Bruin.

I am curious as to exactly how the Bruins can protest the entire series, or do we have another NYJFL scenario (NHCanadaL)

Were the officiating even in any way, shape or form, the Bruins would have won this series in five or six games. NHL=NBA=WWE

Our resident Senators fan will take exception to all you said. Nothing to see here!

It's the same as the NYFLJ. The Bs are the readheaded stepchild of the original 6. There will be no protests because Charlie got all the gates he could for round 1. First time in 3 years.

Just ban Montreal, ottawa, toronto, etc and let them have their own canadien league. This series was horse ****. Almost as bad as the second la/celtics series a few years back when the nba gifted la game 6. Havent really watched basketball since. This ******** certainly has me leaning towards doing the same with hockey, which is a damn shame.

MLB has one hell of an opening to make up much of the ground they have lost over the last decade. NFL doing all it can to tune viewers away, this embarrassing display from the nhl, and an nba that is living on super teams and supremely dubious officiating.

At least when i watch paint dr-I mean baseball, it is a rarity that an umpire is so egregiously bad that you wonder whether he was throwing the game. If anything, they are consistently calling a strike a ball, or ball a strike for or against BOTH teams. Meanwhile, the refs gift wrapped 3 wins for the senators in a best of 7, and one they couldnt give to them they made the bruins win 3 DIFFERENT TIMES BEFORE THE BRUINS DID IT IN SUCH A MANNER THEY HAD TO ALLOW THE GOAL.

I mostly agree but I think the trip called on the Bruins was a bit more blatant
It was and Pierre even mentioned that if that's the baseline and consistent it's fine. Problem was the refs weren't consistent.

Just ban Montreal, ottawa, toronto, etc and let them have their own canadien league. This series was horse ****. Almost as bad as the second la/celtics series a few years back when the nba gifted la game 6. Havent really watched basketball since. This ******** certainly has me leaning towards doing the same with hockey, which is a damn shame.

MLB has one hell of an opening to make up much of the ground they have lost over the last decade. NFL doing all it can to tune viewers away, this embarrassing display from the nhl, and an nba that is living on super teams and supremely dubious officiating.

At least when i watch paint dr-I mean baseball, it is a rarity that an umpire is so egregiously bad that you wonder whether he was throwing the game. If anything, they are consistently calling a strike a ball, or ball a strike for or against BOTH teams. Meanwhile, the refs gift wrapped 3 wins for the senators in a best of 7, and one they couldnt give to them they made the bruins win 3 DIFFERENT TIMES BEFORE THE BRUINS DID IT IN SUCH A MANNER THEY HAD TO ALLOW THE GOAL.

Yup Im not sure I even want to watch the rest of the playoffs. Im just disgusted. Whats with officiating these days.

Solid series by both teams. The B's call-ups on D performed admirably given the circumstances, and you guys got a special one in McAvoy. Easy to see with the leaders the Bruins have like Chara and Bergeron why they've been so successful for the past decade and why they were such a difficult team to close out.
I know some of the B's fans here have developed some negative feelings towards the Sens which is understandable as playoff hockey is emotional, but I can't summon the same feelings towards the B's, only respect. Probably helps that there are former Senator or Ottawa connections like Chara and Bruce Cassidy.
Anyways, hope this is the start of a solid playoff run for the Sens, they are certainly in tough as an underdog against the Rangers. I know next season will bring more battles against the Bruins as you guys have great players in their primes like Bergeron and Marchand, and young studs like McAvoy, and Pastrnak (amongst many others in the development pipeline).
I know it may seem like this is a buttering up post but I'd like to think I would have posted the same sentiment if the Sens had lost in 7. Cheers to all, and see you in future Pats threads!

Karlsson see's what McAvoy is about to become. At they end he had a long talk with Charlie. I think a lot of us can see that we have an absolute GEM in McAvoy. Star in the making

Karlsson see's what McAvoy is about to become. At they end he had a long talk with Charlie. I think a lot of us can see that we have an absolute GEM in McAvoy. Star in the making

Yep, and Karlsson and Chara had a respectful handshake as well (more respectful it seemed than the typical handshake you see) We have a young guy named Thomas Chabot coming up as well who's gonna be very good so the defensive battles should continue with an even younger generation which will provide plenty of excitement for the division. Seeing McAvoy against Chabot at the World Juniors earlier this year was just a glimpse, as both players gave an extremely impressive account for themselves in the Gold medal game.

my modest contribution to this thread:

Pasternak has been absolute schitt all series... Stupid penalty, send his azz back to ****ing Czechoslovakia ****ing Euro suck azz...dipshit only hit target on like 3 shots all series... Trade him for a bag of pucks
This is insane. Just stop.

Yep, and Karlsson and Chara had a respectful handshake as well (more respectful it seemed than the typical handshake you see) We have a young guy named Thomas Chabot coming up as well who's gonna be very good so the defensive battles should continue with an even younger generation which will provide plenty of excitement for the division. Seeing McAvoy against Chabot at the World Juniors earlier this year was just a glimpse, as both players gave an extremely impressive account for themselves in the Gold medal game.

They just have so much respect for one another. And it's a great tradition unlike any other

They may hate each other all series..but in the end they all respect one another.

Karlsson could have said to him and others have been saying it..." It's your league in a few years bud"

Solid series by both teams. The B's call-ups on D performed admirably given the circumstances, and you guys got a special one in McAvoy. Easy to see with the leaders the Bruins have like Chara and Bergeron why they've been so successful for the past decade and why they were such a difficult team to close out.
I know some of the B's fans here have developed some negative feelings towards the Sens which is understandable as playoff hockey is emotional, but I can't summon the same feelings towards the B's, only respect. Probably helps that there are former Senator or Ottawa connections like Chara and Bruce Cassidy.
Anyways, hope this is the start of a solid playoff run for the Sens, they are certainly in tough as an underdog against the Rangers. I know next season will bring more battles against the Bruins as you guys have great players in their primes like Bergeron and Marchand, and young studs like McAvoy, and Pastrnak (amongst many others in the development pipeline).
I know it may seem like this is a buttering up post but I'd like to think I would have posted the same sentiment if the Sens had lost in 7. Cheers to all, and see you in future Pats threads!

The problem with you and your "takes" is your inability to accept that your team was gifted at least 2 of their wins and should have lost tonight on the strange, no penalty called play when Anderson panicked, flopped and took down Marchand while an open goal was there for either Pasta or Bergeron to slam it home. A whistle when the puck was still in play, no net dislodgment and no penalty called.

So why the whistle?

Your team sucks, your teams' fans suck for their inability to have any self awareness that the officiating was clear on the side of the Senators. 2 knee hits by the Sens? No penalty and games missed by both Bruins. Semi-knee on knee by Charlie, and whistle...penalty. Zero time/plays missed by the Sens player.

That's just part of it. Neither team was going to win the Cup, which makes it even more outrageous for the lopsided officiating. Not lastly the good goal that everyone from broadcasters to analysts said was a good goal, only to be ruled a no goal by the corrupt officials in Toronto.

This team would have easily beaten the Sens without a) the dirty hits that cost key players games b) the officials bailing the Sens out all series.

Pierre McGuire said numerous times. "if that's the standard.." Well it was for one team, and not for the other. To say otherwise is disingenuous and a complete lie. Any anyone who would say otherwise would make anything else they would say useless and irelevant.

Our resident Senators fan will take exception to all you said. Nothing to see here!

It's the same as the NYFLJ. The Bs are the readheaded stepchild of the original 6. There will be no protests because Charlie got all the gates he could for round 1. First time in 3 years.
If the Bruins were ever given a series like this I would put a bag over my head in shame and issue apologies to the robbed opponent.
th

Looney+Toons+229.jpg

Well, at least you have your precious pitchers and catchers to look forward to, miserable troll.

Well, at least you have your precious pitchers and catchers to look forward to, miserable troll.

The Sen intentionally fell backwards onto Pasternak when he felt him, was in fact diving. This stupid series was a disgrace.

Another year, another Bruins team relying too much on one line for scoring and lacking either speed or size to carry play to their opponents. Biggest plus for them would be IF they have a coach that actually works well with young talent and is willing to take page from the BB book and modify the game plan to suit his talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back