PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Bruins vs Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my $.02:

Shattenkirk's going to be too much money, and the team has more defensemen in the pipeline.

Chara/McAvoy
Krug/Carlo
Miller/Miller

If they can go into camp with that group (it might take a deal with the Vegas team), and the competition from below, I'm content with that. Moving forward, I think, oddly enough, given how things looked on opening day 2016-2017, this team's defense is in pretty good shape, and the offense is a huge problem.

I feel there's a strong chance the Rangers end up being the team that nabs him in the offseason. Not that I could ever claim to know anything for sure of course but I feel they would have made a stronger offer to St. Louis at the deadline if they felt that they wouldn't be among, if not the leading contender to sign him this summer.

While it may have been sickening to you, there were places others were laughing their f###### asses off...

Yeah, they are called Canadiens. An inferior subspecies of humans. The same people who want to call the police when one of their players is hit, whine for a penalty like little girls anytime one of their floppers takes an obvious dive, boo the American National Anthem and mock Boston Marathon bombing victims. These people would probably laugh if they saw a video of ISIS killing a puppy. Classy, intelligent group of people up there.

Yeah, they are called Canadiens. An inferior subspecies of humans. The same people who want to call the police when one of their players is hit, whine for a penalty like little girls anytime one of their floppers takes an obvious dive, boo the American National Anthem and mock Boston Marathon bombing victims. These people would probably laugh if they saw a video of ISIS killing a puppy. Classy, intelligent group of people up there.
The ones I heard laughing were Irish and Italians from Worcester County. I don't know nuffin' 'bout no foreigners...

I feel there's a strong chance the Rangers end up being the team that nabs him in the offseason. Not that I could ever claim to know anything for sure of course but I feel they would have made a stronger offer to St. Louis at the deadline if they felt that they wouldn't be among, if not the leading contender to sign him this summer.

Shattenkirk was not having a good year in St. Louis, and I think it's fair to question where he really is on a defensive depth chart. Someone might very well pay him as if he's a #1, but it's possible that he's no better than a #3. I'm fine with the Rangers spending their cash on that gamble.

Ideally, Boston needs a true #1 for next year, but I don't want them breaking the bank for one. It looks as if they've got (at least a good chance at) a future #1 in McAvoy, a future #2 or #3 in Carlo, a movable (up and down the chart, not via trade) in Krug, and then a bunch of potential behind that. Given that, I'm fine with having 2 vets filling in the gaps for the moment, and that's where Chara and K. Miller/McQuaid (or an upgrade at the veteran spot) come in.

Of course, if any of those guys dares to try splitting his charity endeavors, he'll have to go.

Last edited:
I think the team is probably surprised by how slow Backes was this year. He's like McQuaid, in that they are both toughs who just don't seem to be able to keep up with the pace of play anymore.

If they're surprised he was slow, that's on them. He played like he had blocks attached to his feet in St. Louis the last couple years, too.

McAvoy played well in the playoffs for a 19 year old but I'm a bit leery of handing him big minutes at age 20 next season, and I don't think Chara's a top-pairing defenseman anymore. But you're probably right that the forward group is a bigger worry than the defense right now, since McAvoy and Carlo look like they should be top-pairing guys sooner than later and Krug's still quite young.

If they're surprised he was slow, that's on them. He played like he had blocks attached to his feet in St. Louis the last couple years, too.

McAvoy played well in the playoffs for a 19 year old but I'm a bit leery of handing him big minutes at age 20 next season, and I don't think Chara's a top-pairing defenseman anymore. But you're probably right that the forward group is a bigger worry than the defense right now, since McAvoy and Carlo look like they should be top-pairing guys sooner than later and Krug's still quite young.

Yeah, I don't know what's going to happen with C. Miller, but this team has

Krug
McAvoy
Carlo
C. Miller
Grzelcyk
Zboril

as the potential young corps, although history tells us that it likely won't unfold with that exact crew.

Things would sure be a lot better looking if Boychuck and Seguin were still around.

Yeah, I don't know what's going to happen with C. Miller, but this team has

Krug
McAvoy
Carlo
C. Miller
Grzelcyk
Zboril

as the potential young corps, although history tells us that it likely won't unfold with that exact crew.

Things would sure be a lot better looking if Boychuck and Seguin were still around.

Love Boychuck but that contract w/ the NYI is a bit on the high side for who he is. With that said he is a very good defenseman. Colossal blunder trading him for peanuts

Friggan Seguin....hes a point a game player now.

Cassidy gets the nod as the official head coach. That had to happen, and congrats to him.

Nice to see another Ottawan get a permanent head coaching job in the league, congrats to Cassidy.

Catch Rick MacLeish diving when Bucyk got the puck and shot it at the boards @1:29:55...and Lindsay says "...Art Skov was right on it, made the call...":rolleyes: Flyers made diving an art form that season. Anyway, as you can see after we killed off that fake penalty, Skov had a huge Jones for Bobby going back years, including when he tossed Orr out of a game in the '72 finals. Skov belongs in the Flyers HOF, and no one else's, just like Dreith belongs in the Raiders' HOF.

No. Corruption is why. A bad situation was unfolding that would have ended the game and it wasn't going to be that easy for the Bruins. No way.

They took a legit goal away in OT of game 5. If they can do that, they can do anything.
I am confident the Bruins would still be playing today were it not for the biased officiating in the first round.

I'm not saying the Sens are bad, just that they aren't impressive - or worthy of being where they are. They did not earn it; they were given it.

I am confident the Bruins would still be playing today were it not for the biased officiating in the first round.

I'm not saying the Sens are bad, just that they aren't impressive - or worthy of being where they are. They did not earn it; they were given it.

Bingo. The league got what it wanted and now the true choice happens. Crosby or a Canadian team in the Cup finals.

Bingo. The league got what it wanted and now the true choice happens. Crosby or a Canadian team in the Cup finals.
Dive! Dive! Dive for deep submergence!

...or to get NHL refs to give you a power play if you play for Montreal or Ottawa, or you play with Cindy Crysbaby.

No, I have not wasted one second of my life watching since the B's fake elimination.

Dive! Dive! Dive for deep submergence!

...or to get NHL refs to give you a power play if you play for Montreal or Ottawa, or you play with Cindy Crysbaby.

No, I have not wasted one second of my life watching since the B's fake elimination.

Me neither. Nor will I. Then again Ottawa in the Finals would be cool because non partisan fans will see a) the complete sh*tty way they play and b) the outrageous one sided calls they will receive.

The Senators winning wouldn't bother me at all. Certainly better than the Penguins again, in any case. Rooting for the Predators though.

The Senators winning wouldn't bother me at all. Certainly better than the Penguins again, in any case. Rooting for the Predators though.

I don't think they'll even win a game vs Pittsburgh. The Sens are terrible and benefited supremely from the new, awful playoff format.

They finished 6th, yet got to play the 7th and 5th seeds. And got home ice advantage in both series.

I don't think they'll even win a game vs Pittsburgh. The Sens are terrible and benefited supremely from the new, awful playoff format.

They finished 6th, yet got to play the 7th and 5th seeds. And got home ice advantage in both series.

Want to change that to two games? ;) I can understand us being the underdog but we seem to be a tough team to win 4 games against. One thing that I like that Boucher has brought is a blue-collar hard working identity. Was an adjustment during the season, but has paid dividends so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back