PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bruins vs Leafs Game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I'll save this and message it to you in 2 weeks.

If you catch me talking trash about a quality team I will deserve it. But I should tell you the next time I do it will be the first so please hold your breath.

I know this comment wasn’t meant for me, but “Country Flowers” is actually my favorite scent, so now you’ve got me over here reminiscing.
Everyone knows you're a giant douche...you don't have to broadcast it all over the place....oh..wait...URK.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Everyone knows you're a giant douche...you don't have to broadcast it all over the place....oh..wait...URK.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Giant DB’s (in order):

—Scott Dissek (dude from the Kardashians)
—Kanye West
—Roger Goodell
—Martin Shkreli (pharma bro)
—That guy from “Girls Gone Wild”
—Supafly

I think I’m doing just fine, thank you very much. :cool:

That guy from “Girls Gone Wild”

heh heh...LMAO....nail meet hammer

It was stunning to watch how ineffective the Bruins were at simply getting the puck deep in the Toronto zone for long stretches of the game. They're going to have to do better executing game plans against Tampa, or that series is going to end very badly for them.

Rask has to play period one and two like he played the third. They score the equalizer to make it 4-4 and then decide NOT to forecheck, easing the pressure on Toronto. I didn't like that. They got sloppy for 5 minutes there.

Rask has to play period one and two like he played the third. They score the equalizer to make it 4-4 and then decide NOT to forecheck, easing the pressure on Toronto. I didn't like that. They got sloppy for 5 minutes there.

Rask spent far too much time in the series being Rask (positional goaltender who's not much when outside of his comfort zone). But he did steal one game, and that was obviously huge in the end.

Great comeback! Why is it that no playoff victories seem to come easy to Boston teams? I think the Celtics will close out the Bucks as well but they haven't make it look easy have they?

Great comeback! Why is it that no playoff victories seem to come easy to Boston teams? I think the Celtics will close out the Bucks as well but they haven't make it look easy have they?
Hard to imagine anyone in the East getting past Philly this year, but the Celtics have proven to be grittier than I expected, especially without their top 2 players.

It’s most likely the year of the West (again).

Great bounce back in the third. Can't wait till Saturday.

Last edited:
They'll suffer the same fate as Washington did last year. Go to the brink in round 1 and barely beat a team that doesn't have a defense, only to be shell-shocked by a far more complete & talented team in round 2.

Troubling that it came down to the wire vs the Leafs.

Giant DB’s (in order):

—Scott Dissek (dude from the Kardashians)
—Kanye West
—Roger Goodell
—Martin Shkreli (pharma bro)
—That guy from “Girls Gone Wild”
—Supafly

I think I’m doing just fine, thank you very much. :cool:
Lol at the need to add Kanye West to this list randomly

And Scott is a DB but he's hilarious

Finally the Bruins got their act together. TB will be a tough game

Go Bruins

It's fun to come to these threads and read the posts after the Bruins win. Not as much as they lose of course, but even then it's okay. I especially enjoy seeing the posts that accurately predict the events that will unfold.

Every time I see someone make a general reference to the doom-and-gloomers I want to ask them to name names. I don't see that much of that here.

Why aren't there many (if any) prima donna types in the NHL? They're nothing like the players in the other sports.

Hockey players are tough motherjeters.

I knew the Toronto series would go 7, but I don’t see the Bruins as cup material this year. Most of the remaining teams are better - LVG, TB, Pitt, Winnipeg, Nashville. I still say a western conference team wins the cup.

Well that was exciting! Who else thought that when we got down 4-3 we were cooked? Nice rebound by the Bs in the 4th, er I mean 3rd period! Reminds me of some other team I know that you can never count out! Tuuka's got to play better early on though.

Well that was exciting! Who else thought that when we got down 4-3 we were cooked? Nice rebound by the Bs in the 4th, er I mean 3rd period! Reminds me of some other team I know that you can never count out! Tuuka's got to play better early on though.
I was still worried at 5-4. Told myself I'll relax when they make it a 2 goal lead

Well as long as the FF (and his 2.99 GAA and .899 SV% vs Toronto) allows just one goal every period, then we should win in 7 games again...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes