PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bruins vs Leafs Game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy Tampa's sweep of the Bruins.

Enjoy your offseason

massengill-country-flowers-disposable-douches-6-fl-oz-4-count_1678621.jpg

Now that the hosers have been dismissed, let me tell you the Bruins will ride the Lightning into the ground like a rented mule. There just is something wrong, something very very wrong about people who live in Tampa (the name Tampa translated means burning stick).
It'll be a great series. Another 7 gamer imo

No, Bruins will be fine -- Rask is getting a brain and body transplant before that series starts.
They'll suffer the same fate as Washington did last year. Go to the brink in round 1 and barely beat a team that doesn't have a defense, only to be shell-shocked by a far more complete & talented team in round 2.

Now if only the C's can finish off the bucks tomorrow in 6 games.

They'll suffer the same fate as Washington did last year. Go to the brink in round 1 and barely beat a team that doesn't have a defense, only to be shell-shocked by a far more complete & talented team in round 2.

We have matched up well with them this year. We will see.

how sweet was that? i love this. another round of playoff hockey. the bruins have had tampas number.

Given the appalling lack of knowledge and grace you have shown I take comfort in your prediction. To add insult to injury the Sox just dispatched the Jays. Sweet dreams cupcake

If they can somehow get by tampa they will have home ice in the conference finals but let's see how they play against Tampa.

What a game and what a great win. After watching it my thoughts are this.

#1 The Bruins aren't winning it this year. They have a lot of great young talent but i see too many mistakes and inconsistent play. At times they can look completely lost and slow and at other times they feel like an unstoppable machine. I know hockey has a lot of ebb and flow to it but this doesn't feel like that. This feels like a young team that just can't put it all together yet and play 7 solid 60 minute games with the consistency it takes to win in later rounds.

#2 This team WILL will a championship in the next few years. With the above being said this young talent is for real. It shows signs of being able to rise to the moment and play well in crunch time as well as smart. Also when they have it clicking i don't think there is a scarier team in the whole NHL in my guess. My only concern is what will they do about Chara? A lot of their vets will be around and effective as these young players mature in the next 2-3 year but I don't think Chara will and that will leave a hole needing to be filled.

Just my take.

#1 The Bruins aren't winning it this year. They have a lot of great young talent but i see too many mistakes and inconsistent play. At times they can look completely lost and slow and at other times they feel like an unstoppable machine. I know hockey has a lot of ebb and flow to it but this doesn't feel like that. This feels like a young team that just can't put it all together yet and play 7 solid 60 minute games with the consistency it takes to win in later rounds.

#2 This team WILL will a championship in the next few years. With the above being said this young talent is for real. It shows signs of being able to rise to the moment and play well in crunch time as well as smart. Also when they have it clicking i don't think there is a scarier team in the whole NHL in my guess. My only concern is what will they do about Chara? A lot of their vets will be around and effective as these young players mature in the next 2-3 year but I don't think Chara will and that will leave a hole needing to be filled.

Just my take.

Anything's possible. They could play better but they're still alive and into the next round. I am not saying they can't win a cup.

It'll be a great series. Another 7 gamer imo

I agree.
And just for the record, I live in the southern part of the Tampa area (it grants me some leeway to make fun of us people who live in and around the 'Burning Stick').

For any diehards Bruin fans out there, right now it's smack in the middle of the best weather time to visit Tampa. Warm to almost hot but not the scorching humidity that will come in about a month, the rains haven't started yet, mild evenings but still t shirt only, Amelie Arena is a damn good venue to see a game, and the nearby riverfront area is a nice dusk-night time area to visit (use the all day water taxi pass).

I know this comment wasn’t meant for me, but “Country Flowers” is actually my favorite scent, so now you’ve got me over here reminiscing.

That's a win/win right there ;)

Given the appalling lack of knowledge and grace you have shown I take comfort in your prediction. To add insult to injury the Sox just dispatched the Jays. Sweet dreams cupcake
Cool. I don't like the Jays. Try again.

You keep clinging to this bizarre notion I don't know anything about hockey. If you only knew who you were talking to. Apparently a misleading replay of a penalty that fooled me means I don't know hockey. Funny stuff.

Interesting how I stick to commenting on hockey but receive ad-hominems in response. I think you may not know anything about hockey, so you project that on me. It's obvious.

Last edited:

#1 The Bruins aren't winning it this year. They have a lot of great young talent but i see too many mistakes and inconsistent play. At times they can look completely lost and slow and at other times they feel like an unstoppable machine. I know hockey has a lot of ebb and flow to it but this doesn't feel like that.

Just my take.

By no means am I expecting a Cup here but it wouldn't completely surprise me either.
They drew the toughest out of any home team in the first round and their inexperience showed at times. That said they did not quit being down going into the 3rd and once again played their best in the 3rd period. That bodes well for them being a very tough out themselves. I am extremely concerned about Bergeron and Marchand being a bit more than just banged up though. Marchy looked slow and pulled up from contact he usually makes, they both initiated less of it than normal.

I get a very strong impression some of you guys weren't around for 2011. Seriously did you guys not watch the Montreal Canadiens series that year? It was even worse than the performance this year against the Maple Leafs. No matter how horrible you feel the maple leaf performance is the Montreal performance in 2011 was worse. It took a miracle from Nathan Horton among others for that team not to choke away a golden opportunity.

I think it's important to recognize that a team this young can continue to develop as a team over the course of a playoff run. The 2011 team certainly did especially in the wake of the Tampa series.

I came away from Game 7 extremely encouraged. this is a team that could have easily choked in Game 7 and came very close to doing so but United as a team in the third. The results is domination when it mattered most.

I'm not particularly surprised a team as Young and talented as Toronto made a run again us. They got through it in the end. Now it remains to be seen if they learned enough from this to keep the foot on the pedal for a 7 game series going forward.

Cool. I don't like the Jays. Try again.

You keep clinging to this bizarre notion I don't know anything about hockey. If you only knew who you were talking to.

Not so bizarre at all. And I know exactly what I was talking to. A graceless sore loser troll who isn't man enough to apologize when he's wrong, instead throwing out a feeb excuse. A replay mislead you? Anyone who really knows this game behaves in a more manly fashion than talking vacuous infantile trash about the team that just dispatched theirs. They would also realize matchups matter, there's a reason Boston struggled against Toronto but did well against Tampa. Take your Midol sweetie, hope the cramps are better tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case