PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Broncos trading Von Miller to the Rams

The cupboard isn't entirely bare, maybe they will hit on some "infrastructure" pieces, or maybe get really lucky:

I hate it when people say ”they’ll still have 8 picks.” Who cares how many you have if you don’t factor in the value? They have no 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round picks. Any team could trade down a bunch of times and get 10 (!) seventh round picks if they wanted to.

I hate it when people say ”they’ll still have 8 picks.” Who cares how many you have if you don’t factor in the value? They have no 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round picks. Any team could trade down a bunch of times and get 10 (!) seventh round picks if they wanted to.
It is a fact if teams are constantly picking after the top 15 in the draft they have a very hard time replacing top old, expensive talent with new, top economical talent.

There is no way the Lambs can sustain this model.

All the need to do is look 3200 miles northeast.

It is a fact if teams are constantly picking after the top 15 in the draft they have a very hard time replacing top old, expensive talent with new, top economical talent.

There is no way the Lambs can sustain this model.

All the need to do is look 3200 miles northeast.

Sure…you’re right….but the game of musical chairs tends to end for most teams. Most of us thought the Rams were one year all-in 2018, and now it’s three years later and they’re still a contender. And this is a championship contending roster. It’s hard to really knock their strategy considering where they were when it started.

Other thing to consider is the Rams won’t be picking in the top 15 any time soon, whixh may factor into their willingness to trade away a first round pick.

Yeah, but I don't think Tampa pillaged their draft capital at the same time, whereas the Rams clearly did.

Yes, I think both are true, yet (2) can be problematic going forward.

As Andrew says:

Not an entirely unique approach. George Allen did it with the Redskins back in the day.

I hope we at least made an offer sheesh

Sure…you’re right….but the game of musical chairs tends to end for most teams. Most of us thought the Rams were one year all-in 2018, and now it’s three years later and they’re still a contender. And this is a championship contending roster. It’s hard to really knock their strategy considering where they were when it started.

Other thing to consider is the Rams won’t be picking in the top 15 any time soon, whixh may factor into their willingness to trade away a first round pick.
Their 2022 cap looks interesting.

Rams are going for ALL IN and correctly in my opinion for the reasons others explained

They are facing anyway tough competition..
Nfc looks strong this year too

I do not believe Stafford can win 3 road games to make the super bowl so they need to win that division.

Ive said from the beginning that Brady will not win the Super Bowl again.

Rams, Cardinals, Packers and Cowboys all have the fire power to take the Buccaneers out.

Ive said from the beginning that Brady will not win the Super Bowl again.

Rams, Cardinals, Packers and Cowboys all have the fire power to take the Buccaneers out.

I don't know about Arizona or GB, but the way to beat the Bucs is good man coverage across the board and a good pass rush. I think the Rams have the best shot at doing it. Cowboys can do it too but their pass rush is not as great.

I do not believe Stafford can win 3 road games to make the super bowl so they need to win that division.

Stafford is having the best season of his career.

22 TDs - 4 INTs - 121 first downs - 69% completion rate after only 8 games. Despite playing a 17 game season, he will shatter his best marks if this rate continues. The Rams dealt for Stafford because he possesses strong ball security and its paying off. Goff was a turnover machine and thats why he was shipped out.

I don't know about Arizona or GB, but the way to beat the Bucs is good man coverage across the board and a good pass rush. I think the Rams have the best shot at doing it. Cowboys can do it too but their pass rush is not as great.
I do not like Brady vs Rodgers again.

I dont care where its played. Brady got a gift PI call last post season game.

I see your point, but after a certain point it seems the pick position is only loosely associated with player talent.

The thing that bothers me more is people say "First round pick" without differentiating between #1 and #31.

For instance, one factor the Rams are probably keeping in mind as they trade draft picks is they will probably be in the bottom quarter of the draft, thus not very valuable.

Meanwhile we read "2nd and 3rd pick" for Miller, no mention that they will not be great picks.

I see your point, but after a certain point it seems the pick position is only loosely associated with player talent.

The thing that bothers me more is people say "First round pick" without differentiating between #1 and #31.

For instance, one factor the Rams are probably keeping in mind as they trade draft picks is they will probably be in the bottom quarter of the draft, thus not very valuable.

Meanwhile we read "2nd and 3rd pick" for Miller, no mention that they will not be great picks.

I agree about the Rams and their likely first round position.

Let’s just use the middle of the rounds (#16) to guess, by average, the value of the picks.

First - 1000
Second - 420
Third - 190
Fourth - 70
Fifth - 34
Sixth - 19
Seventh - 7

So, given that, an average team is allotted 1,740 draft value points.

The Rams (4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 6, 7, 7) have 255 draft value points. If they rolled up every one of their eight picks using standard value, they could fetch the equivalent of the 67th pick of the draft (early 3rd round) and nothing else.

They basically don’t have a 2022 draft…for Breer to make a tweet like that seems intellectually dishonest.

I had $3.50. I spent the $3 (all $1 bills), but now I actually have one quarter, one dime, two nickels, and five pennies. That’s nine coins! I have plenty of money. I can buy a bunch of different items with that.

1635802837152.png

Big new here obviously. Local TV is playing the Von Miller's INT of Brady in the AFCCG on a continuous loop in order to salute him one last time.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back