PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Broncos trading Von Miller to the Rams

When has a super team ever won it all? Their ability to maintain or build for the future is toast. No picks and cap hell down the road is always a recipe to get everyone involved with this team now fired later.

The Rams may be the best team in the league right now. Might as well load up and try to win it all.

Risky because the second best team is in their division and they are already down in the head to head tiebreaker. They finish behind them it’s 3 games on the road in the playoffs regardless if they win 15 games which I honestly don’t see them accomplishing.

Miller hasn't been exactly ripping it up the last 3 games. Prob went into the tank.

When has a super team ever won it all? Their ability to maintain or build for the future is toast. No picks and cap hell down the road is always a recipe to get everyone involved with this team now fired later.
Yeah, and as far as "super teams" go, the 2021 Rams are pretty weak. Stafford? Not even dominant in their own division? They're good, but I don't see this getting too far.

Miller hasn't been exactly ripping it up the last 3 games. Prob went into the tank.

He’ll be revitalized in LA. You double team Aaron Donald, Miller is just going to take over. I would say they are the NFC favorites now. He’s started off slow this year but, like HT, he’s been out for a year. As the season progresses, he’ll get a lot better. However, the Rams paid a steep price with a 2nd and 3rd rounder. If they win the SB, it’ll all be worth it.

Last edited:
Yeah, and as far as "super teams" go, the 2021 Rams are pretty weak. Stafford? Not even dominant in their own division? They're good, but I don't see this getting too far.

That team is absolutely good enough to win it all don’t kid yourself. Unless Stafford has a playoff choking gene or something but it’s impossible to know considering the Lions.

Why would Broncos pay all his salary too? is he that bad now?

Probably not many takers who have the cap room. Great trade for both sides.

Wow, how lucky is Stafford going from the worst team in the league to the best team (or top 3) in just one season.

That team is absolutely good enough to win it all don’t kid yourself. Unless Stafford has a playoff choking gene or something but it’s impossible to know considering the Lions.
When the Lions made the playoffs, Stafford wasn't the only good player. They never won a game.

For almost his entire career, Stafford has been underrated. Now that he's in LA, the overcorrection has been massive. I'll believe he's capable of a deep playoff run when I see it.

Until then, they're just competing with Arizona for a divisional title.

Yet it seems to be the style of the Rams to dump draft capital. Les Snead has been doing it for years and getting away with it. I don't think he's seen as being at risk for being fired. He survived the Todd Gurley thing, he survived the Jared Goff thing. Stafford seems to be paying off.

Well, he has been struggling with a bad ankle. Guess they needed to take the salary to make the deal work? The Rams have kinda been known as a place that will "sell" draft capital for players. Maybe the Broncos realize they're going nowhere this year and are better off just getting future draft capital.

Bucs did it last year.
I suppose, but most of their talent was home grown after five years of strong drafting position due to having bad records. TB and Gronk were obviously key adds, but they were starting from a pretty strong base. Tampa didn't sacrifice loads of draft capital when building last years team or this year's either.

They are moving all their chips on the table. They want to win now!

I like the move and it’s bad news for the Bucs. Donald, Miller, and Floyd in the front 7 with Ramsey in the back end....

Von Miller is 32 and coming back from an ankle injury that required surgery which caused him to miss the entire 2020 season. His sack numbers are down. His tackle numbers are down. Plus, he's a free agent at the end of the season. A 2nd & a 3rd seems a bit steep for a 10 game rental.

Truth be told, he reminds me of Dont'a Hightower this year.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back