PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: BRADY or PAPI....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

oh sorry, fell asleep thinking about baseball there for a second.

I never understood how people can find basebal boring. Football with it's 900 commercials a game (and right after something happens on the field) is more tiresome.

What big papi did in 04 is greater than anything tom brady has ever did.
Huh??????

I love tom brady and big papi equally, but it's telling how easy fans turn on brady when he has a bad game.
Only idiots turn on Brady, and you only notice it because he is the epicenter of Boston sports.

Patriots fans booed brady and the offense down 2 scores going into halftime against the dolphins.
Fans booed the decision to take a knee, not Tom Brady. But even if they had, when do we allow ignorance to answer questions for us?

I never understood how people can find baseball. Football with it's 900 commercials a game (and right after something happens on the field) is more tiresome.

A few minutes of pause on the dvr solves that issue. Go make lunch, go do something for like 15-20 minutes and buzz right through commercials, and if your're lucky, half time.

coolguy: history extends back beyond 1986, fyi.

coolguy: history extends back beyond 1986, fyi.

Which is why most patriot fans can't name 5 patriot starting quarterbacks.:rolleyes:

Most don't even know the name of the qb that faced the bears in the Superbowl.

The 2004 red sox championship is the one everyone in boston is the most fond off. It's the greatest comeback in sports history against their rival.

This quote, and also a lot of takes in that thread, predispose a favorite sport to some degree. People that love football and care less (or not at all- yes it's possible) about baseball are going to go one way. Sox fans may go the other.

It would be very difficult to separate the "what's your favorite sport" thread and this one. There's no way to answer without bias.

Brady by far. And how about him finishing with at least 4 Super Bowl championships wins.

What big papi did in 04 is greater than anything tom brady has ever did.

I love tom brady and big papi equally, but it's telling how easy fans turn on brady when he has a bad game.

Patriots fans booed brady and the offense down 2 scores going into halftime against the dolphins.

It's hard to top what Tom did in 2001.

It's hard to top what Tom did in 2001.

No one remembers or ever talks about brady first ring. Most of these so called fans don't even know bledsoe beat the steelers in the afc championship game.

2004 IS the greatest boston sports moment of all time and it's not close.

A false and unnecessary choice. Both are three time champions, leaders and clutch players. Happy that we can have both ...

Brady is arguably the greatest player of all-time at the most important position in his sport.

Ortiz tested positive for PEDs right around the time he went from mediocre journeyman to All-Star in 2003, can't play the field to save his life, and has batted above .300 in only 6 seasons.

Putting aside the arguable PED point, Ortiz is still much closer to Adam Vinatieri in Boston sports memory than he is Tom Brady, Bobby Orr, Bill Russell, Larry Bird, or Ted Williams.

What is a "papi"? :confused: I found this in the Urban Dictionary: "A title sometimes taken by the leading members of a gang, similar to the Father of a Mafia."

Also, this: "Ai papi, that feels good! Oh papi, harder! AI! PAPI! Take it easy I can feel it in my stomache!"

i dont' know the answer, but papi never lost a championship.

Baseball can't carry the jock of Football

Baseball is a joke and will remain so until there is a cap

no comparison...Brady by far

A cap?

Get out of here with that crap.

Brady is arguably the greatest player of all-time at the most important position in his sport.

Ortiz tested positive for PEDs right around the time he went from mediocre journeyman to All-Star in 2003, can't play the field to save his life, and has batted above .300 in only 6 seasons.

Putting aside the arguable PED point, Ortiz is still much closer to Adam Vinatieri in Boston sports memory than he is Tom Brady, Bobby Orr, Bill Russell, Larry Bird, or Ted Williams.

that's a bit harsh. PEDs could mean a lot of things - not necessarily steroids, it could be just a banned substance inside of a supplement he was taking (unknowingly). And he CAN play the field - that is if you watched the world series. as far as i remember he made no errors at first base. i think brady's position is more demanding than a DH, but Papi is up there with Orr, Russell, etc.

It's a lot more impression to win 3 championships in a 'level playing field' sport as football and hockey pretty much are. Basketball is as well, except that luck plays a much bigger role in that sport -- ie being lucky enough to either draft or have cap space at the right time to get 2-3 top 10 players -- and then once you're lucky you're set for 5 years (unlike hockey and football where it's tough to keep your core together)

Winning 3 championships in baseball in my opinion is a lesser accomplishment than in the other sports simply cause it's really a sport of ~6 'haves' that have a far superior chance every year.

That said, Brady is a top 5 all time qb; Papi is not a top 5 all time hitter.

no offense, but this is a really stupid thread. you are asking new englanders to compare to of their most beloved athletes. that's like asking, which child do you like better? one star for me....

Brady because he plays a sport.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back