PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: BRADY or PAPI....

Brady is arguably the greatest player of all-time at the most important position in his sport.

Ortiz tested positive for PEDs right around the time he went from mediocre journeyman to All-Star in 2003, can't play the field to save his life, and has batted above .300 in only 6 seasons.

Putting aside the arguable PED point, Ortiz is still much closer to Adam Vinatieri in Boston sports memory than he is Tom Brady, Bobby Orr, Bill Russell, Larry Bird, or Ted Williams.

Do you really want me to bring up spygate, or the fact brady hasn't won since.

Your comment is beyond foolish.

Are you ******* kidding me? The Patriots haven't won a Super Bowl since Spygate, but it's not Brady's fault that they didn't call holding on the helmet catch play or that Welker dropped a game-clinching first down pass.

that's a bit harsh. PEDs could mean a lot of things - not necessarily steroids, it could be just a banned substance inside of a supplement he was taking (unknowingly). And he CAN play the field - that is if you watched the world series. as far as i remember he made no errors at first base. i think brady's position is more demanding than a DH, but Papi is up there with Orr, Russell, etc.

Another foolish comment by him.

Discrediting papi for not playing the field is like a celtic fan discrediting brady for not playing defense.

Are you ******* kidding me? The Patriots haven't won a Super Bowl since Spygate, but it's not Brady's fault that they didn't call holding on the helmet catch play or that Welker dropped a game-clinching first down pass.

Im a patriots fan, but that's how everyone views the patriots.

I'm not concerned with either/or. They are both as valuable as each other to their respective team. To Boston, that's a matter of personal preference.

Im a patriots fan, but that's how everyone views the patriots.

What does the general public's view on the Patriots have to do with Brady vs Ortiz? Ortiz got caught with PEDs, that damages his reputation as a player much more than Brady's coach getting caught videotaping (before most of Brady's statistical accolades were achieved).

What does the general public's view on the Patriots have to do with Brady vs Ortiz? Ortiz got caught with PEDs, that damages his reputation as a player much more than Brady's coach getting caught videotaping (before most of Brady's statistical accolades were achieved).

You don't know what **** you're talking about. Please read the papi article again before you make another comment about peds. Ortiz didn't get caught with anything.

Spygate put a black eye on the patriots and the nfl.

Oh, of course you live in new York :rolleyes:

silly me:rolleyes:

more important to boston in what way?

if you're talking heart and soul, its obviously Ortiz, and Brady doesnt really have anything on it

has Brady done a hell of a lot on the field? more so than Ortiz? quite easy to argue that way

but who has and is doing more public "Boston" things off the field in a matter of speaking? Ortiz....easily

and im a much bigger pats fan than a sox fan

ok, to play devil's advocate, Brady hasn't won a super bowl since spygate. However, Papi has won 1 world series since he was "caught." Let's not diminish papi here. The guy batted .700 in the world series, which is unheard of. The rest of the team was hitting like .200 until last night. Also, Papi carried the sox past the yanks in 2004 - the team just hopped on his back like they did this year. You can argue that brady's defense carried him to his 3 championships.

again, not saying which player is more valuable to boston sports...

more important to boston in what way?

if you're talking heart and soul, its obviously Ortiz, and Brady doesnt really have anything on it

has Brady done a hell of a lot on the field? more so than Ortiz? quite easy to argue that way

but who has and is doing more public "Boston" things off the field in a matter of speaking? Ortiz....easily

BDD_TB_GB_nyy_INF.jpg

exactly my point.

Are u asking that in a patsfans forum?

Your comment is so foolish its hilarious. Pats never cheated. They just got in trouble because it wasn't on the right spot on the field. And they never had game tape of the last 2 teams they beat. In fact, someone was videoing the pats practice in 2001.

If holding is called in 07, or Samuel makes a insane int, we win. And if welker, the dropsie in huge situation king, dropped a pass that he can catch even today we win in 2011. We are 1 catch and 1 dropped catch from 2 SB wins.

The 2004 red sox championship is the one everyone in boston is the most fond off. It's the greatest comeback in sports history against their rival.

Not me, so it can't be everyone.
How do you credit Papi for that as if he did it alone?
Manny actually was the most clutch guy on that team.

ok, to play devil's advocate, Brady hasn't won a super bowl since spygate. However, Papi has won 1 world series since he was "caught." Let's not diminish papi here. The guy batted .700 in the world series, which is unheard of. The rest of the team was hitting like .200 until last night. Also, Papi carried the sox past the yanks in 2004 - the team just hopped on his back like they did this year. You can argue that brady's defense carried him to his 3 championships.

again, not saying which player is more valuable to boston sports...

I could argue that because of toms 2 outstanding SB last minute drives won us 2 championships. See how many angles we can take to counter each others points.

Papi is a great baseball player. Brady is a great football player. They both come up big in key situations. Be glad we have them both.

Your comment is so foolish its hilarious. Pats never cheated. They just got in trouble because it wasn't on the right spot on the field. And they never had game tape of the last 2 teams they beat. In fact, someone was videoing the pats practice in 2001.

i DON'T CARE ABOUT IFS

"Pat's never cheated"
:rolleyes:

Not me, so it can't be everyone.
How do you credit Papi for that as if he did it alone?
Manny actually was the most clutch guy on that team.

papi ALCS :rolleyes:
And you you really think brady WAS more clutch than adam v or defense? When i think about that run the patriots went on TEN YEARS AGO i remember mostly defensive plays.

No one remembers or ever talks about brady first ring. Most of these so called fans don't even know bledsoe beat the steelers in the afc championship game.

2004 IS the greatest boston sports moment of all time and it's not close.

Where are you getting these sweeping statements about what 'most fans' remember? Frankly they are very ignorant.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back