PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Antonio Brown suspended for lying about vaccination status

Didn't the Bucs do their own investigation and found nothing? Sounds like they didn't do much of an investigation at all - it would have been easy to find out if Brown handed them a fake vaccine card. Either that, Bucs didn't care since they are so super bowl desperate with the clock ticking on Brady's career.

Aaron Rodgers and his wife thinks that eating clay helps balance their humors or whatever. You think he’s taking precautions to keep other players safe?
No, but if other players know about it they can take appropriate measures to protect themselves. If he lies to them they can’t.

Simply sharing a locker room with someone is very different than being friends with them. Also, pro athletes arent as morally challenged as you are making them out to be. They actually commit a much lower rate of crime than the general population.

I know that they commit fewer crimes than the general public. But I’m saying we also know about the minority of players who are bunch of bad guys like Greg Hardy, Frank Clark, Tyreek Hill, Terrell Suggs, James Harrison, Ray Lewis, Ben Rothelessberger, etc who make up like 1% of the league and they are almost all very well liked by the team and fans.

Literally the first thing that popped into my head. What BULLSH*T.
Like it or not, Rodgers got fined what the NFL-NFLPA agreement said he should be fined, as did AB. The difference is AB lied to the NFL, whereas Rodgers told the NFL the truth (remember, he applied for approval for his "immunization") yet failed to wear masks at the appropriate times so he got fined. Unfortunately there is no penalty for misleading the media, teams and players do that all the time.

Honestly AB is a dirtbag and I don’t think he should be in the league period. It’s just funny how so many people in this damn thread were SO MAD that the Pats and “Krafty Bob” cut him in 2019 only to now take a victory lap over this because it hurts Brady and the Bucs. Just be honest. If he wears the laundry he’s fine and you’ll defend it if he doesn’t you will crap on him.

AB was accused of sexual asssult and other degrees of harassment. Also violent altercations involving delivery drivers and throwing couches off balconies. And people on this forum brushed it aside and said he should have never been cut. Faking a vax card is nothing compared to that stuff.

I feel like this guy is probably looking at his last season with an NFL team. He's the male version of Brittany Mahomes.

Also, didn't schefter say he was missing the next two weeks due to the heel Injury? So the NFL tacked on an additional week of rest, lol.

Brown is a wack job but I wish we had the WR depth Tampa has.

Seriously. They just got gronk back and had like 120 yards. Evans/Godwin/Gronk and 3 weeks later getting Brown is an embarrassment of riches, for pass catchers.

Honestly AB is a dirtbag and I don’t think he should be in the league period. It’s just funny how so many people in this damn thread were SO MAD that the Pats and “Krafty Bob” cut him in 2019 only to now take a victory lap over this because it hurts Brady and the Bucs. Just be honest. If he wears the laundry he’s fine and you’ll defend it if he doesn’t you will crap on him.

AB was accused of sexual asssult and other degrees of harassment. Also violent altercations involving delivery drivers and throwing couches off balconies. And people on this forum brushed it aside and said he should have never been cut. Faxing a vax card is nothing compared to that stuff.
I thought AB was a headcase before he came here.

Playing back the tape:

AB missed the start of Raiders training camp due to frostbite he sustained while undergoing cryotherapy treatment. Shortly after, the league adopted a new league policy preventing the use of old helmets for professional football players. Rather than peacefully try to locate a league-approved helmet, Brown went haywire, going as far as to threaten retirement over the whole helmet ordeal.

After receiving multiple fines due to overall absence from practice or inappropriate behavior, the Raiders decided to call a quick end to the AB experiment, with general manager Mike Mayock and Co. no longer believing the embattled wide receiver to be worth the trouble he brought.

Brown was cut by the Raiders before the start of the regular season.
Ref: Antonio Brown Threw Away $30 Million, But He’s Still Filthy Rich

I fully understood and supported cutting him.

I think a lot of fans over-value the wide receiver position, largely because of fantasy football influences.

Because of that, I think they over-reacted to him being cut.

With AB out for 3 weeks BA won't have to worry about too many damn letters.

I know that they commit fewer crimes than the general public. But I’m saying we also know about the minority of players who are bunch of bad guys like Greg Hardy, Frank Clark, Tyreek Hill, Terrell Suggs, James Harrison, Ray Lewis, Ben Rothelessberger, etc who make up like 1% of the league and they are almost all very well liked by the team and fans.

I'd add Peyton Manning to that list as well. He's a well loved scumbag and people bury their heads in the sand when it comes to his transgressions.

You are seriously seriously stupid if you think for one damn second that more than like 5% of PLAYERS think less of these guys except that they were dumb enough to get caught. You think Aaron Rodgers lost the locker room due to being unvaxxed? No he didn’t lie to the team but he sure as hell lied to everyone else. No one cares.

And I speak as someone who supports vaccine mandates. But I’m not naive, most players don’t care and if left up to them a ton wouldn’t get the vax because many are pretty dumb.
Not my place to judge someone's worth but I will say I wouldn't appreciate being lied to by another teammate regardless of how I feel about the vaccine rules

BTW all three are fully vaccinated now.

But this:

JyZLaa2cpNJKTvUvIhx1zv3VSvrn6q9o2SitnwLSlzszN_KZta33cqFAF8VmphZc5OgHzMrMVSkj_OSPGbTIkwYTFJE3NQ69vfi9gwst-DxPF5Up7PXA8xcuZM9EhamuB1wikyhKwFUKtKsfc2LU2NXRs8DOYuPXZcQ

Is that an opinion or a fact? We need a link if it is a fact.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back